RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Cant Find RX350 with Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 06:46 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cant Find RX350 with Performance Package

I live in Orange County (Southern California) and I haven't been able to locate any 2007 RX350s with the Performance Package. I've been told by 2 dealers there is no such option, but I find it on numerous websites. Two questions:

1) Has anyone in Southern California (or nearby) purchased a 2007 RX350 with the Performance Package?
2) Does anyone know of a dealer with one of these vehicles in stock? I'm looking to purchase late next week, but only if I can find one with the options I'm looking for.

Thanks!
James
Old 06-22-06, 07:35 PM
BN06
Rookie

We are on the other coast so I'm sorry this may not help. We ordered our '07 350 with performance package. Took about 50 days to arrive but the allocation was in the pipeline when it went through. We paid a bit more but I can tell you my wife (with our new baby) loves the adjustable suspension. It works very well and is definitely a noticeable difference (both visually and otherwise).

I'm surprised Lexus does not flaunt their adjstable system. It is one of the better height adjustable suspensions I have used. Very quick and effective. Try another dealer. As I said, we paid a bit more but definitely not a lot more. MSRP was not in the neighborhood. Good luck and see if you can get a dealer to wake up and order one.
Old 06-22-06, 08:36 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesfabin
I live in Orange County (Southern California) and I haven't been able to locate any 2007 RX350s with the Performance Package. I've been told by 2 dealers there is no such option, but I find it on numerous websites. Two questions:

1) Has anyone in Southern California (or nearby) purchased a 2007 RX350 with the Performance Package?
2) Does anyone know of a dealer with one of these vehicles in stock? I'm looking to purchase late next week, but only if I can find one with the options I'm looking for.

Thanks!
James

Were those dealers able to explain why a non-existant package was listed on the Lexus web site for the RX?

Performance Package - $4,955 [2]

- Leather-trimmed interior
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****
- Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Illuminated entry system
- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling
- Roof rails/roof rack
- Graphite-polished 18-in alloy wheels with 235/55VR18 all-season tires
- Four-wheel air suspension
- Five-speed sequential-shift automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission (ECT)
- Rain-sensing wipers
Old 06-22-06, 10:25 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My understanding is the Performance is only available in certain regions. It is not availables in the Southeast.
Old 06-23-06, 06:16 PM
BN06
Rookie

Default We were told "NO" . . .

When requesting the Performance Package here in the upper N.E. region we were told no dice. At more than one dealer. We finally went to another dealer, they said no. We insisted and they finally relented. There were multiple discussions amongst Lexus staff (we were not included) at the dealership. They sent us packing and asked us to call them. I sent an e-mail two days later and they said please come back into the dealership to discuss.

Upon our arrival they verified that we really, really, really, really, really, wanted the performance package, and then asked if we really, really, really, were, really sure. We said yes. In about ten minutes they found one in the allocation pipeline headed to some other part of the U.S.. It was ont paid for or spoken for and we put a deposit on the vehicle. 50 days later, they delivered a flawless version of the exact vehicle we ordered with a couple extra's thrown in.

No complaints whatsoever. I appreciate the fact that they expressed an honest reluctance to get the vehicle. It is not easy to modify Lexus policy and procedure without an act of Congress. All I can say is that it was worth every ounce/mgram of effort.
Old 06-23-06, 06:28 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003LS430
My understanding is the Performance is only available in certain regions. It is not availables in the Southeast.
I concur. Question is, where is it available? If you go to the Lexus web site and try to build an '07 RX350 it will ask for your zip code. Based on that info, it will tell you which packages are available in your area when doing the build. I put in zip codes from regions all over the country and while it would constantly update the list of available packages as the new zip codes were entered, never once did the Performance Package come up.

Perhaps this is special order package that is only available to the persistant or those who know the secret handshake.
Old 06-23-06, 07:25 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default Looks like I found some!

I sent out emails to every dealer in the lower half of California, and the Las Vegas area and it looks like I've found a few with the Performance Package (and all the other options I wanted). I'll have confirmation tomorrow and let everyone know if they do exist - I want to make certain they are not the older RX330s. It's strange though - out of so many dealers I've only had one who says he has some of them in stock. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about - he told me that the Performance Package comes with no other packages and that the ones he had included other options like the DVD. This was perfect news for me since I want the Performance Package, DVD, Heated Seats, Sirius Radio, Wheel locks and Chrome wheels.

I may be just days away from being a first time Lexus owner!

James
Old 06-24-06, 12:17 PM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's very rare RX350 with Performance Package in stock any Lexus dealerships at South Cali.
What if you can't RX350 with Performance Package? I'll go Tein CS coilover setup. It's only $1000. Good lucky.
Old 06-24-06, 05:42 PM
BN06
Rookie

On the day of delivery one of the Master Sales Consultants came out and took a look at our RX. He said it was the first one he had ever seen in person with the Performance Package. In fact he said he had only received literature on how the system operated. Nothing super complex or mechanical. He has been with this specific dealership for a decade. I'm still perplexed as to why it is so incredibly rare. It works flawlessly and efficiently. The squat mode in park makes tossing in the bugaboo or graco a non-event. If you park another RX next to ours in its lowest setting there is a significant ride height difference (visually).

Good luck and I hope you get what you desire.
Old 06-24-06, 09:12 PM
Nostics_RX
Driver School Candidate

I'm sure if a poll is done, there's not that many RX with Perf Pack. Most people would rather spend the money on ML package than Perf. RX buyers are mostly looking for comfort/luxury than sportyness. I'm not surprised at all how tough it is to find one. I bought mine CPO and just got lucky I came across it. It just got traded day before, still dirty, had minor scratches and worn out tires. But I was assured by my sales associate that the car will have to pass certification and will be delivered in nearly new condition. Just minutes after I committed to buying it, another custormer wanted it. A week later it was delivered in almost new condition with a copy of certification inspection and all parts that were replaced. It's been worth it so far!! Good Luck.
Old 06-25-06, 12:45 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Smile Looks like no performance package anywhere

I thought I had found some with the performance package at Santa Monica Lexus, but no dice. So far I've only found 1 and it was on a 2006 RX330. I'm thinking just getting the loaded up RX350 and maybe swapping out the wheels for some low profile 20's with strong grip. Anyone have any other suggestions to improve the grip/handling (not that the RX is bad, but I'd like to be able to push it a bit more thru corners on twist mountain roads).

Thanks for any suggestions - this board is by far the most active and helpful Lexus board I've found. Kudo's for everyone!

James
Old 06-27-06, 10:35 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default Bought my new RX

I wasn't able to find the performance package, so I went with a fully loaded 2007 RX350 AWD. I got a great deal from Wesminster Lexus - they found the exact color combination I wanted with every option (except Performacne & Multipanel Moonroof). I pick it up on Thursday - it arrives tomorrow on a flat-bed, then they need to install the chrome wheels & Sirius. Now I need to order all the non-OEM goodies for it. :-)

James
Old 06-28-06, 07:11 PM
spikerjack
Rookie

I wasn't able to find the performance package, so I went with a fully loaded 2007 RX350 AWD. I got a great deal from Wesminster Lexus - they found the exact color combination I wanted with every option (except Performacne & Multipanel Moonroof). I pick it up on Thursday - it arrives tomorrow on a flat-bed, then they need to install the chrome wheels & Sirius. Now I need to order all the non-OEM goodies for it. :-)

James
James...what did your dealer tell you about availability of dealer-installed Sirius for your RX 350? It sounds like you are expecting it to get installed soon...but as recently as yesterday my dealer said they still hadn't received part #s or ship dates on Sirius for 2007 RX.....Darrel at lexus-parts.com has said the same thing. Lexus web site stills says "available Summer 2006" but XM is available. Curious what you are hearing.

I have had my RX350 since early March - absolutely love it...best car I have ever owned. Just missing onboard Sirius.....

--Scott
Old 06-29-06, 06:10 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default My new RX350

The dealer expects to have the Sirius adapter in later next month - so I went ahead and had it included in the lease (that way I only pay for part of the cost) and have the paperwork to get it installed. It was a little disappointing to not be able to get it right away - I am already missing my Sirius since I've been without it for almost 2 weeks now (I had it in my last vehicle, but thats gone now).

I really like the RX350 and being a performance driver I can appreciate it's AWD system. It's no BMW, but it rides like a luxury vehicle should and gets around the corners with confidence. I'm also going to take it in to get iPod integration installed and a modification for the front DVD player to work all the time (not that I will watch DVDs, but my wife may want to without getting into the back seat).

James
Old 06-29-06, 10:50 PM
spikerjack
Rookie

The dealer expects to have the Sirius adapter in later next month - so I went ahead and had it included in the lease (that way I only pay for part of the cost) and have the paperwork to get it installed. It was a little disappointing to not be able to get it right away - I am already missing my Sirius since I've been without it for almost 2 weeks now (I had it in my last vehicle, but thats gone now).
What did you pay for the factory Sirius installed? I presume they broke out the cost as an accessory for you in your lease documentation.

Thanks!

--Scott

Quick Reply: Cant Find RX350 with Performance Package