RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Cant Find RX350 with Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-06, 10:25 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius

I paid $995 for the Sirius (including the installation). I'm eager to get it installed - I've been going without my Sirius for a few weeks now and I can't stand all the adverts on FM radio. I want my Howard back! :-)

James
Old 07-06-06, 11:11 AM
spikerjack
Rookie

Originally Posted by jamesfabin
I paid $995 for the Sirius (including the installation). I'm eager to get it installed - I've been going without my Sirius for a few weeks now and I can't stand all the adverts on FM radio. I want my Howard back! :-)

James
Wow...that's the price I keep hearing...but its strange considering you can get the tuner and harness kit that will work (almost) win on-screen messaging for around $400 from lexus-parts.com. If its true Gen V navigation integrated then I think it will be worth it. I wonder if they are still going with that ugly windshield-attached antenna.....you might want to look into their antenna choice before having it installed. Many have opted for the low-profile small antenna you can get at BBY or CC.

--Scott
Old 07-12-06, 01:36 PM
My3rdRX
Driver School Candidate

I've just ordered an 07 RX350 with the Performance Package and was told that it would take about sixty (60) days. There is NOT one found on the whole Eastern seaboard! Go figure!
Old 07-13-06, 11:41 AM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default Congrats

Congrats on ordering one with the package! I would have waited, but I was in an Infiniti FX that was a buy-back and needed to replace it right away.

I've been very happy with my 2007 RX350 AWD. Only a few quirks (like the steering wheel coming down AS you slide in the key, it should be delayed so it doesn't hit your hand). I had a small shudder concern in the transmission at first, but it quickly went away (I had expereinced on all the vehicles I test drove, so I think it was just a new car thing that resolves itself right away). I love the nav, not to found of the phone book function (it can use some UI enhancements for people with phones from Verizon....Verizon disables the function to transfer your phonebook).

I've only put about 1100 miles on it so far, but took it out to Palm Springs and the AC was a champ in 100+ degree weather with the sun beating down.

James
Old 07-13-06, 02:29 PM
My3rdRX
Driver School Candidate

Glad to hear that you're still happy with your 07 RX. This is going to be my 4th RX (99, 01, 04) and I'm looking foward to the 07! I agree with you that the 5th Gen Nav is a big improvement over the last one and the extra HP doesn't hurt either!
Old 07-13-06, 06:45 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spikerjack
Wow...that's the price I keep hearing...but its strange considering you can get the tuner and harness kit that will work (almost) win on-screen messaging for around $400 from lexus-parts.com. If its true Gen V navigation integrated then I think it will be worth it. I wonder if they are still going with that ugly windshield-attached antenna.....you might want to look into their antenna choice before having it installed. Many have opted for the low-profile small antenna you can get at BBY or CC.

--Scott
i got the tuner and antenna from lexus-parts.com for $280. then i got the dealer to install for $180. my GS has the XM antenna (the rounded-square box), not the triangular SIGMA, attached to the Sirius tuner, and it works just fine.

if you are interested in XM or Sirius, make sure to shop around for install prices, b/c i had quotes as high as $1200 for parts+labor.
Old 07-16-06, 07:41 AM
spikerjack
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexuslover
i got the tuner and antenna from lexus-parts.com for $280. then i got the dealer to install for $180. my GS has the XM antenna (the rounded-square box), not the triangular SIGMA, attached to the Sirius tuner, and it works just fine.

if you are interested in XM or Sirius, make sure to shop around for install prices, b/c i had quotes as high as $1200 for parts+labor.
Lexuslover,

And this Sirius config on your GS gives you the on-Nav screen visuals (with some character cutoff) that have been previously described? I am guessing that if there is the proper wiring harness available for the RX350 to connect to the existing Sirius tuner you can get from lexus-parts.com then many will go that way - now more than ever since it appears that native Sirius availability for the RX and other models with gen V nav is in serious question......

--Scott
Old 07-16-06, 07:44 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BN06
When requesting the Performance Package here in the upper N.E. region we were told no dice. At more than one dealer. We finally went to another dealer, they said no. We insisted and they finally relented. There were multiple discussions amongst Lexus staff (we were not included) at the dealership. They sent us packing and asked us to call them. I sent an e-mail two days later and they said please come back into the dealership to discuss.

Upon our arrival they verified that we really, really, really, really, really, wanted the performance package, and then asked if we really, really, really, were, really sure. We said yes. In about ten minutes they found one in the allocation pipeline headed to some other part of the U.S.. It was ont paid for or spoken for and we put a deposit on the vehicle. 50 days later, they delivered a flawless version of the exact vehicle we ordered with a couple extra's thrown in.

No complaints whatsoever. I appreciate the fact that they expressed an honest reluctance to get the vehicle. It is not easy to modify Lexus policy and procedure without an act of Congress. All I can say is that it was worth every ounce/mgram of effort.
Wow great story and congrats!
Old 07-16-06, 07:52 AM
spikerjack
Rookie

Originally Posted by jamesfabin

James
James,

Would love to get your dealer's latest input since he sold you Sirius for future install. Other threads in this forum are stating that native Gen V/Sirius availability is at best delayed, and at worst at serious risk of not ever being available.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224837

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2005225-post.html

The only thing that is clear is there is absolutely no consistent answer from anybody official - and no true public comments from Sirius or Lexus on the matter. Since you paid for yours already, you are in a good spot to demand an official response from Lexus on the status of Sirius for the RX.

Since I bought my RX350 on the "available summer 2006" promise of Sirius, I would be mighty pissed if they said something like "oops, just kidding....". It does appear there might be a way to use existing tuner and wiring harnesses for the RX350, but it won't be ideal. Any insight you can gleen would help all of us.....

Let us know,

--Scott
Old 07-16-06, 08:59 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spikerjack
Lexuslover,

And this Sirius config on your GS gives you the on-Nav screen visuals (with some character cutoff) that have been previously described? I am guessing that if there is the proper wiring harness available for the RX350 to connect to the existing Sirius tuner you can get from lexus-parts.com then many will go that way - now more than ever since it appears that native Sirius availability for the RX and other models with gen V nav is in serious question......

--Scott
Yes, but my GS comes with Gen 4 Nav, not the Gen 5. there is character length cutoff, but if i remember correctly, that was resolved in the Gen 5 nav on the IS.

when we first got the GS, XM was avail, but not Sirius. We waited about 4-6 months before Sirius came available and then just purchased the parts from lexus-parts. i think it's just a matter of time before the parts are released for the new RX350. we had similar discussions in the GS forum regarding the availability of Sirius, but eventually the parts came out.
Old 07-16-06, 11:49 AM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default Sirius on RX350

Scott,

I saw that Sirius may be delayed, or worse, not available for the RX. I attempted to contact my salesperson on Friday, but she was out on vacation. I'll be contacting them in the next few days to find out the status, and an ETA. The Sirius Sat was a strong selling point for me (it and the Laser Cruise Control were the features that won the Infiniti FX over for me back in January, but with the Infiniti Buy-Back I got a do-over and this time went with the Lexus).

I'm going to keep on the positive side - I'm confident Lexus will do what they need to get Sirius for their vehicles. For me it is a key selling point - I won't get with XM (That ruled out Acuras for me) and really miss my Sirius. Sirius itself has been very cooperative, my account is on "hold" so no billing is happening and all I need to do is provide my new radio ID and I'll be back in business. I can't wait - I can't stand all the commericals and fadding in & out of radio.

If Lexus does drop Sirius (which I hope they do not), I'll see what they can do as a make-good. I really want everything integrated, it not only helps the resell but keeps the user interface easy. With third party I worry about things not working correctly together, as well as the installation process.

I'll keep everyone update, perhaps start a new thread on it for everyone.

James