RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

passenger window problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-18, 10:32 AM
farmboy598
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger window problems

just bought a 2000 Lexus Rx 300 passenger window went down but will not come back up need a little help if any one has had this
please let me know what to do as it has starte draining it is setting in the carport now but my wife says it has to move for her car any quick fix for now any way to take it back up manual for now?
Old 12-01-18, 09:06 PM
Lexmus
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Did the window fall into the door, or did you lower it and then it wouldn't come back up?

Do you normally lower the passenger window, or was this the first time in a long time? If you just bought the car you might not know.

So neither the driver-side or passenger window power button does anything? Do you hear any motor noise inside the door when one of the buttons is pushed?

Sometimes there are issues with the relays on those window controllers, but typically not both at the same time. However, with the car new to you maybe it is the case.

Without knowing anything more, I suspect it is the window regulator. Salim also notes that the window track in the door can bind the window.

I would remove the door cover and try to debug what is wrong. You can measure power at the motor, see if the motor just needs some assistance to raise the window, and do that so the window is closed. Then decide if you want to fix it or get a mechanic.

Once you answer the questions we can help you further.

Last edited by Lexmus; 12-01-18 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-02-18, 05:53 AM
farmboy598
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time in about 2 months or 3 the car has been setting. Neither the driver side or the passenger side works the window it went down but did not come back up after I question the previous owner they said it had happened before but they keep holding up on the drivers door it would come up I tried this for maybe 20 minutes no good finally I took door panel off run power straight to motor window is up but I still have the problem and when I was trying the buttons before no motor sounds with either button thanks for any help
Old 12-02-18, 07:55 PM
Lexmus
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Ok, it sounds like you do have bad window switch relays, as the regulator is intact and power to the motor mov es the window.

New OEM switches are hundreds of dollars. You can try buying used off of ebay, or try to repair switch by replacing the bad relay.

I have repaired both the front driver and front passenger switches by replacing the relay.

This thread discusses the relay, which is no longer available but there are replacements you can buy that are linked in the thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-12v-nais.html

This thread discusses the repair
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...placement.html

Here are a couple of youtube videos of the repair