RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Rx300 remote not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-17, 07:55 AM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by JosephP
Yes, the **** next to the release lever. Push by hand, it is hard, not move (lock). But if I unplug the connector from the actuator, its ok: the **** is easily lock or unlock.. Therefore, the door lock essembly should be ok but something wrong with the electronic circuit keeps sending out the unlock signal to the actuator??
And I replaced the actuator too.
It can be controller on the driver door but it can be the wiring to the rear door. Try disconnecting the rear door electrical connector .. if my memory serves me right there should be 2 ... one energizes the motor and the other send s back the status info. Was that actuator motor replaced and it caused you problems. There are some bad [inverse turning] motors being sold ... so be careful. If you want to swap parts you can try swapping the actuator motor with the other rear door.

I guess you really need the wiring diagram.

Salim
Old 08-02-17, 07:56 AM
salimshah

Originally Posted by JosephP
Alarm goes off (sounds) when open by key on passenger door. Did anyone have that problem?
Something is out of sync.

Salim
Old 08-02-17, 09:17 AM
JosephP
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salimshah
Something is out of sync.

Salim
thanks Salimshah. I found the thread, it is a white plastic electrical switch, it should be easy to fix. I think the previous owner tried to fix it, but messed up more.
Joseph
Old 08-02-17, 09:36 AM
JosephP
Driver School Candidate

It can be controller on the driver door but it can be the wiring to the rear door. Try disconnecting the rear door electrical connector .. if my memory serves me right there should be 2 ... one energizes the motor and the other send s back the status info. Was that actuator motor replaced and it caused you problems. There are some bad [inverse turning] motors being sold ... so be careful. If you want to swap parts you can try swapping the actuator motor with the other rear door.

I guess you really need the wiring diagram.

Salim
Thanks for your continueing help
1. You said controller on the driver door, do you mean the switch assembly? if that one, I swapped to another car, it worked. And swapped known good one to this car, same problem. Is there any other controller on the (main) driver door?
2. No, the problem was there before I installed new actuator. New one doesn't help.
3. The rear has 1 connector goes to the switch Assy to control the window up and down, 1 connector goes to the actuator to lock, unlock the door (I am not sure of this connector feeding signals in both directions in and out status feed back?), 1 connector to the window up down motor

What do I do (check) if I disconnect these connector?

I am searching for a schematic diagram, but no luck yet
Joseph
Old 08-02-17, 11:06 AM
salimshah

I meant the switch assembly on the driver door.

smaller assembly is on the passenger side too.

You can try disconnecting the lock actuator wire connector of the rear door. This should free up the push ****. The culprit might be the rear door lock actuator as you have swapped other things with no change.

Thank you for correcting me regarding the 2 wire.
Salim
Old 08-03-17, 06:54 AM
JosephP
Driver School Candidate

Update.. I opened the Front passenger door panel again. The white lever (where i point with the screw driver) is the switch to turn off the alarm when i use the key to open the door but it didn't. I manually flip the switch, alarm always goes off, that could be the problem why the remote buttons did not work. I wish i have the pins out configuration. I ordered new actuator. I will receive it next week.
Joseph

Last edited by JosephP; 08-06-17 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-07-17, 03:13 PM
JosephP
Driver School Candidate

I received the Front passenger Actuator today. Installed and ... Everything works, remote, keyed open, alarm, door switches.. work. I have the Chematic, blue print for RX300, alarm, door.. Will scan and post it soon..

Joseph
The following users liked this post:
Lexmus (08-07-17)
Old 08-07-17, 07:41 PM
salimshah

Yes, the white piece your screw driver is on, is the lock mechanism lever connected to the lock ****, next to the door release. I guess this is the **** which was mechanically loaded.

Your persistence paid off,

Salim
Old 08-09-17, 03:06 PM
JosephP
Driver School Candidate

Yes, the white piece your screw driver is on, is the lock mechanism lever connected to the lock ****, next to the door release. I guess this is the **** which was mechanically loaded.

Your persistence paid off,

Salim
Yes Salim, and thanks..
That is the switch when I use the key to open the door, the rod pulls that switch contacts to turn off the alarm. I forgot what pins, I think pin 3, 4 of the actuator have to be opened /closed when lock / unlock. Mine is always in one position and alarm goes off (sound) when open the door by key and that also why the alarm, remotes none of them were working

Joseph