RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

driver side power lock and power window acting up...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-07, 07:12 AM
Yellowbro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side power lock and power window acting up...

anyone here have any suggestion to troubleshoot this problem??? i haven't fully looked into this problem yet...will prob troubleshoot it tomorrow...

1. power lock...when i press the lock button on the keyless entry or even on control panel at the door it doesn't work...u can see it trying to lock and unlock...but it doesn't do it...as if the solenoid/motor isn't actuating...

2. power window....when i roll down the window but not all the way...it will not roll back up unless i roll it down all the way first...then it will go back up...and when i do try to roll it back up when it's not fully down...it will go down anyway instead of up when i push the up button....now sometime when i let it roll all the way down...it will sometime not roll back up unless i give it some time or take the key out and put it back in...

could it be the whole control assembly??? or just two independent problem???
Old 12-31-07, 07:27 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 85 Posts

The door lock problem is probably a bad actuator assembly, cost about $250 for the part....As for the other problem, unhook the battery for 5 minutes then hook back up and try again.
Old 12-31-07, 07:43 AM
Yellowbro
Driver School Candidate

i don't frequent this forum too much....is the actuator assembly going bad a pretty common problem amongst rx owners??? also is this actuator common parts amongst any other lexus vehicles??? i'm gonna try the junk yard...

for the power window...will try that one tomorrow...

found this thread while searching... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...uator+assembly

Last edited by Yellowbro; 12-31-07 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-02-08, 10:11 AM
DigitalEye
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Yellowbro
i don't frequent this forum too much....is the actuator assembly going bad a pretty common problem amongst rx owners???

I'd say its a reasonably common problem in at least 99/00 RX's. I'e got it with mine and I recall a number of others mentioning it as well. In my case the drivers door wont lock itself with the remote but it will un-lock with it about 95%of the time. I've simply gotten into the habit of flicking the lock closed when I get out of the vehicle and barely notice it as a problem anymore. It tends not work when the car has been in the direct sun for a while or its very warm out. I've looked into tearing the door apart but I've never mustered the courage to do it.
Old 01-12-08, 07:30 PM
OceanView
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am having a similar problem but what happens to my car is that the door will unlock with the remote but I can't open the door from the outside but I can open from inside the drivers side door.
Also, when I roll the window down, there is a grinding sound that was not there earlier today. I wonder if the window got off track or something.

Any ideas?