RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Arm Rest

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 07:43 AM
khaar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Arm Rest

my arm rest has torn on my driver seat, for my 1999 RX300. I want to replace it or get a cover for it. Any suggestions? it has tan interior.
Old 03-09-06, 04:09 PM
parula
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you mean the leather cover is torn or the arm is wrested from the mount on the seat back?
Old 11-02-06, 07:27 AM
bigdog100
Driver School Candidate

I am having same issue. Where can I buy an arm rest or should I just get the leather replace?
Old 11-02-06, 07:50 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A local auto upholstery in your local yellow pages.

Drop by and ask their opinions; check out the quality of their work.
How true and straight are the seams on a finished job, for example.

Check on at least three or four different shops, if possible.
Old 11-02-06, 08:34 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

If you were south of the border, it would very, very cheap to fix and does not take more than an hour for a piece like that.
Old 11-02-06, 08:35 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

anybody know where I can get that wide drivers side armrest?
Old 11-02-06, 08:49 AM
bigdog100
Driver School Candidate

I need the bottom cushion covered also on drivers side. How do you take off the arm rest? There is a plastic disc that does not seem to turn at all..
Old 11-02-06, 09:06 AM
bigdog100
Driver School Candidate

I got the ar rest off, you just need to pop out plastic button. Now I need to figure out how to take off bottom cushion
Old 11-02-06, 10:10 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
anybody know where I can get that wide drivers side armrest?
The company is running an auction for the wide armrest on eBay, do a search and it should pop up.

I was thinking about it but dayum, it's 6 inches wide, sit in the drivers seat and look down to the cup holders and imagine a big honkin' armrest blocking everything. What a pain just to put on the seatbelt.
Old 11-02-06, 10:11 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexmex
If you were south of the border, it would very, very cheap to fix and does not take more than an hour for a piece like that.
Wow, how much to do a seat bottom???
Old 11-02-06, 11:35 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Carver
Wow, how much to do a seat bottom???
For example, my cousin had rips and tears on the bottom of his seat bottoms for his driver's and passenger's side VW Golf and to make new seat bottoms was about $50 USD each.

I just called my cousin again and he told me they sent a guy with an A4 over there and they did his seat bottoms for like $100 USD each.
Old 11-02-06, 12:13 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Actually my mistake, the Audi A4 was being charged about $100 USD to do the entire seat not just the bottom!!!

My cousin said it depends on the type of material you want to use, vinyl, that fake leather stuff, or the real thing and they have to take look at the seat itself (a.k.a. design).

Contrary to popular belief (some of you may remember the 80s film Losin it) they do not stuff the seats with horse manure down here.

This is the only available shot I have of my cousin's seat bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Arm Rest-2224711_21_full.jpg  

Last edited by Lexmex; 11-02-06 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-02-06, 03:33 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Actually my mistake, the Audi A4 was being charged about $100 USD to do the entire seat not just the bottom!!!

My cousin said it depends on the type of material you want to use, vinyl, that fake leather stuff, or the real thing and they have to take look at the seat itself (a.k.a. design).

Contrary to popular belief (some of you may remember the 80s film Losin it) they do not stuff the seats with horse manure down here.

This is the only available shot I have of my cousin's seat bottom.
Niice!

LOL, not too worried about horse caca, being from Tejas I am perfectly aware of the quality of paint and upholstery available even in border towns but the further north you go the more they charge like gringos!
Old 11-02-06, 03:45 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Carver
Niice!

LOL, not too worried about horse caca, being from Tejas I am perfectly aware of the quality of paint and upholstery available even in border towns but the further north you go the more they charge like gringos!
That's what my uncle in California was saying and also my uncle down here. If you get down to about Monterrey and make a weekend of it, then los precios son baratos como aquí en D.F.

However, the border towns can pray on the gringos.

Materials costs are the biggest thing. When my uncle does paintwork, he ain't joking when saying the DuPont paint costs more here than when he used to live in Orange County, CA.

With the seatwork, that apparently is the same issue and with prices above they even include installation on the spot or you just drop off the seat.

I actually have a puncture on the back corner of my passenger seat, but that actually can be taken care of through some easier ways.
Old 11-02-06, 04:26 PM
parula
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For example, my cousin had rips and tears on the bottom of his seat bottoms for his driver's and passenger's side VW Golf and to make new seat bottoms was about $50 USD each.
I just called my cousin again and he told me they sent a guy with an A4 over there and they did his seat bottoms for like $100 USD each.
Is that for real leather??
(Mex you're the best, gotta get to Mexico City for some birding and buy you dinner, &/or a tank a gas! )

Quick Reply: Arm Rest