Road Course and Auto-X Discussion about road course, time trial and autocross racing.

Going to the track tonight for some lapping...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-11, 11:03 AM
busdepot
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jay-b
those are some nice pics!! how bad was it on the tires? i plan on going sometime in august or september. would you recommend VDIM off or on? and this is for a stock is350 on h&r springs.
Thanks! Well it's not great on your tires, but not as bad as I thought. I wasn't drifting [intentionally ], but it still does take a few miles of the rubber for sure. I prefer the VDIM off. I don't want my car slamming on the brakes when I want it going sideways. I can see the next corner in front of me, the traction control can't. Personal preference really though. Try a few laps with it, and a few without it, at a lighter pace, then go from there. See what you feel most comfortable with. No one wants their car in the wall.

Originally Posted by calvin2376
Great shots. Yes, it looks like your car could benefit from the sways haha, looks like you were about to roll over in the last shot.
Thanks buddy. I never really noticed the roll until last night. It would definitely help to keep those wheels planted. It's on the shopping list though!

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
that first shot with yur HIDs on is sick. looks like tons of FUN
Thanks man. I actually ended up knocking my foglights loose by the end of the night. Luckily that's the only thing that needs fixing

Originally Posted by NoHoIS350
Kinda funny story I would exit this turn at Chuckwalla with my foot to the floor getting a whopping 7mpg sitting in the seat rocking forward & back going come on baby lets go, Like you'd use to do in a backyard go-cart. Ahh I love my IS...
Yeah, the little mileage gauge was at the max pretty much the whole time. Surprisingly though, I averaged 20L/100km for the night out! But on the straights, I know that rocking motion all too well hahaha