RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

F Sport vs F

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-19, 06:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,423 Likes on 1,744 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigMak
This really is very confusing and annoying. Try searching for an RC-F on eBay and you will get a deluge of RC F-Sport cars that are not RC-F's with misleading listing titles. Click on the listing and it's an RC-350 F-sport or some other even lessor F-Sport. Not too long ago I told someone that I drive a BMW M3 and they said oh, my husband has a BMW 328i M3. I'm like WTF? a 328i is a car and an M3 is a car... You mean a 328i M-Sport... She's like umm. sure, whatever that means. Will Mercedes come out with AMG Sport? SMH
Worse, I have seen E46 330i sedan with M3 badge on it. Samething with a 5-series badged an M5 and a 650i badged an M6. I have a keen eye for these things and can spot them very easily. LOL
Old 06-20-19, 06:24 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigMak
This really is very confusing and annoying. Try searching for an RC-F on eBay and you will get a deluge of RC F-Sport cars that are not RC-F's with misleading listing titles. Click on the listing and it's an RC-350 F-sport or some other even lessor F-Sport. Not too long ago I told someone that I drive a BMW M3 and they said oh, my husband has a BMW 328i M3. I'm like WTF? a 328i is a car and an M3 is a car... You mean a 328i M-Sport... She's like umm. sure, whatever that means. Will Mercedes come out with AMG Sport? SMH
tick the box for the engine type - click V8 and done you will only find that car.

As for if his wife knows.....again I feel like who cares. Clearly not a car person. Just wanted a BMW.

And on Mercedes, yes they do. I don't believe cars with the AMG at the end like C43 AMG are the same as ones with it in the front like the AMG GT and others with the built motors.
Old 02-03-22, 12:39 PM
Nasby
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I traded a 2016 Subaru WRX for mine. First Lexus.
Old 02-04-22, 05:03 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 755 Likes on 469 Posts

Yea Lexus really did a stupid job on how they branded stuff. Rather than calling stuff with F-Sport, they should have just called it "Sport". IE: There is a NX -Sport, RC-Sport, GS-Sport, RX-Sport. Then leave the F to the GSF, RCF, ISF...etc.

Not only does it confuse EVERYONE, but the badging is almost the same. Anyone that doesn't know to look for fender vents or quad exhaust will see the same F badge in a way... it's really stupid how no one at Lexus/Toyota picked up on that in the least.

Most of the time I just tell people I have an RCF-F-Sport. Because whatever I tell them they aren't going to know so making it even more confusing is fun because they shake their head like "OH YEA, I KNOW THAT!, It's a nice car". And I just reply, yep yep, it's a comfortable car.

*shrugs*

-Nigel
Old 02-04-22, 06:14 AM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Nasby
I traded a 2016 Subaru WRX for mine. First Lexus.
I sold a 17 Sti to buy mine. The Impreza is incredibly practical and, yeah, that’s about it, that’s all you’ll miss.

Welcome to the crew.
Old 02-04-22, 08:30 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 755 Likes on 469 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by AlexAviles
I sold a 17 Sti to buy mine. The Impreza is incredibly practical and, yeah, that’s about it, that’s all you’ll miss.

Welcome to the crew.
STi's are fun. I still have my 05'. I don't think I'll ever sell it unless the market on them keeps climbing. They are fun and engaging cars but compared to the quality of a Lexus and interior touch/feel.. no contest. Yours being a 17' is leaps and bounds better than my OG STi. When you get into an RCF it's just so nice honestly. Anyone that looks at the car always is blown away by the seats ;-)

-Nigel
Old 02-04-22, 08:35 AM
ISinTN
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been going back and forth between Lexus and BMW for a few years now, aside from the time I bought a G35. The designation between F and F Sport is the same from BMW's M cars and M Sport Package. It is confusing for non-car people. Most people buy a BMW for the roundel then find out about M/M Sport after the fact. I will say that I have not seen a Lexus with fake F badges. I do however see a ton of BMW's with with fake M badges, everywhere they can slap one. From the BMW side of things, it's comical as the people who don't know, don't care and the people who know what an M car is laugh at the attempt of the owner trying to pass something off what it isn't. On BimmerPost, there is an entire thread, based on photos of M fakeness.
Old 02-04-22, 09:08 AM
Nasby
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
STi's are fun. I still have my 05'. I don't think I'll ever sell it unless the market on them keeps climbing. They are fun and engaging cars but compared to the quality of a Lexus and interior touch/feel.. no contest. Yours being a 17' is leaps and bounds better than my OG STi. When you get into an RCF it's just so nice honestly. Anyone that looks at the car always is blown away by the seats ;-)

-Nigel
Yeah the thing that tore it for me in my WRX was when the “leather wrapped” steering wheel started peeling. It looked like utter **** and Subaru was no help at all. “We’ll sell you a new steering wheel for $600”. I got real tired of looking at that every day.
Old 02-04-22, 11:33 AM
Louczar1
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I bought my first Lexus close to 5 years ago. A RC350 Fsport. I knew the difference between the RC F and what I bought back then and never represented my car as anything but a RC350 Fsport. It is what led me to my current RC F. A natural progression IMO. Similar to when my first sportbike was a 600cc and once fully able to handle it's power and wanted more...upgraded to a litre class sportbike.

To the original point of the thread. I have a friend who bought an RC350 after I bought my RC350 Fsport. The previous owner of his car changed and added badges to make you think it was an Fsport. It had the non Fsport grill. Thank God my friend realized the grill difference when he bought it. It made a difference on what he negotiated for it not really being a Fsport.