RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

potential Joining the family some newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-19, 10:24 PM
MintCaster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default potential Joining the family some newbie questions

Today I went out and test drove a 2015 RCF absolutely love the car and I'm considering buying one as a daily and joining the family
I have a couple of questions regarding owning an RCF

Do you guys do your maintenance at Lexus or do you do it somewhere else or at home?

I got Quoted $324 per month from farmers Full coverage is this considered high for a 24 yr old 0 claim 0 accident living in LA?

And what are your guys thought on this RCF price

Any tips on buying a car from another state? (Not many to choose from in LA)

I'm looking to purchase a clean title one owner RCF in White or Dark grey with red interior, ML speakers and the Optional headlights under 50k on the odometer

Any other tips and things that someone like me should know about the RC F
Old 05-19-19, 06:10 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I have not kept up on price since I bought mine so I cant really tell on the price, but it looks like a good car.

The RCF seems to be a very well built and reliable car.

I cant say on insurance either because I am in my 50's so my insurance is way lower.

I have had the dealership do some service when I first got mine, oil change and fuel pump recall. I just did my own oil change in my garage, not really to save money, but to get to know the car. I am going to do a rear diff service next.

I would highly recommend the car. I plan on keeping mine for a while, it seems to be a perfect car for me.
Old 05-19-19, 07:01 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Love my 2015 as a daily driver. Price seems reasonable. Just insure with a RCF over 30K that the brakes and tires are in good shape, because if they need replacement, that's a whole lot extra money to be spent very soon!

Last edited by bob67; 05-19-19 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-19-19, 08:18 AM
AgentWin
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had all my maintenance done by the dealership, $130 for oil change seem reasonable. Brakes and tires are on par with other higher end sport cars.

Insurance is high, I got my RC F 2 years ago when I was 25 and it was about 120 monthly with state farm.
Old 05-19-19, 10:54 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,422 Likes on 1,743 Posts

Make sure the high pressure fuel pump recall work is done. Keep an eye out for the optional carbon fiber and torque vectoring differential (standard is LSD) as your budget is $50K, you might find a TVD/Carbon Fiber RCF, but they are more rare. Also, make sure the tires and brakes have some life left in them as the tires are about $1500 and brakes are $3100 to replace.

My insurance is very low on my RCF. My driving record and older age are two of the reasons I have very low rates. Also, I drive my RCF from April to November so it is $60/month.
Old 05-19-19, 11:05 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,854 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
... Also, make sure the tires and brakes have some life left in them as the tires are about $1500 and brakes are $3100 to replace...
You can do way better than that. Those sound like dealership prices.
Old 05-19-19, 11:32 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You can do way better than that. Those sound like dealership prices.
The brakes are dealership price while the tires is with installation costs, balancing, taxes etc.
Old 05-19-19, 11:48 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

The car in the link had an accident and two owners. See the 'view vehicle history report.' It also says 4 new tires, battery, and rear brakes were replaced.

Your $324/mo. insurance quote is very high.
Old 05-19-19, 12:25 PM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd wait for the next one. Especially if you are not dead set on a super rare color.
Old 05-19-19, 12:44 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm an older age with a clear record and I still find insurance to be high on this car compared to others. It was almost twice as much as a Q60 redsport iirc. My agent said it is related to the original MSRP of the car and therefore what would be involved to replace or fix it. The carbon roof alone....
Old 05-19-19, 01:54 PM
MintCaster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AgentWin
I had all my maintenance done by the dealership, $130 for oil change seem reasonable. Brakes and tires are on par with other higher end sport cars.

Insurance is high, I got my RC F 2 years ago when I was 25 and it was about 120 monthly with state farm.
Do you live in LA?
Old 05-19-19, 02:02 PM
MintCaster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Make sure the high pressure fuel pump recall work is done. Keep an eye out for the optional carbon fiber and torque vectoring differential (standard is LSD) as your budget is $50K, you might find a TVD/Carbon Fiber RCF, but they are more rare. Also, make sure the tires and brakes have some life left in them as the tires are about $1500 and brakes are $3100 to replace.

My insurance is very low on my RCF. My driving record and older age are two of the reasons I have very low rates. Also, I drive my RCF from April to November so it is $60/month.
This is very nice with TVD and Carbon but it's in NY
insurance wise I'm looking at a way to still have good insurance but cheaper maybe going to talk to a local agent
Old 05-19-19, 02:04 PM
AgentWin
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MintCaster
Do you live in LA?
Sorry about that, I live in Florida.
Old 05-19-19, 03:34 PM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

insurance wise I'm looking at a way to still have good insurance but cheaper maybe going to talk to a local agent
Shipping is not that much in the grand scheme of things. They didn't make many of these cars. That is a fully loaded car with no history. I'm paying more than that for a molten twin with a few less miles
Old 05-19-19, 03:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the silver one is a good deal. Fully loaded with carbon fiber/TVD and low mileage. Only 13K miles and $43K is a good price for it.

Quick Reply: potential Joining the family some newbie questions