RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Is there a way to....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-19, 04:13 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Is there a way to....

Well I still listen to an i-tunes play list so I was wondering is there a way to put up the music selection or show what is playing on the FRONT screen display all of the time?
I know it shows the selection in the dash next to the tach.
I have seen my playlist show on the front screen but goes away after about 15 seconds or so and goes back to the map. So, is there a way to have this playlist show all the time
on our LCD screen?
airlaird
Old 03-20-19, 05:23 AM
OldManRCF
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

yes, there is an option to split screen your GPS front screen and insert additional options which include the music selection, similar to what shows on your dash. There is an icon at the top of the GPS screen which shows 3 separate boxes / windows, select that option and then insert the additional views you would like to see. I personally split it between the music playlist, MPGs / distance till empty & the GPS. Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-19, 08:45 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Thank you for that! But I have tried unsuccessfully.. . My display has the full map up and you can click the "option" box in the left corner. Once I click on that it goes to map options only for split screen with a Compass and Map....but no music option
Am I looking in the wrong place.? I think i went through the entire menu ...?
Old 03-20-19, 10:11 AM
OldManRCF
Driver

From your actual navigation screen select the circled button, which controls the split screen. Once you have selected the format of the split screen, you can select each box and add the function you wish to view, including radio / mp3 view, climate control, MPG and a few others. I forgot to mention, i have a 2015, it may be different than yours if you have a newer car (i'm not familiar with any other years navigation techniques)

Old 03-20-19, 12:33 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Got it! Thank you!
airlaird
Old 03-21-19, 09:14 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you considered the spot next to the speedo?

I mapped the steering wheel button to go to Music when pressed and that's usually what I have it on, now and then I'll check on my tire pressures and having the button automatically bring me back to song info works real well.
Old 03-21-19, 03:57 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Well I did achieve my goal. I never realized ...or noticed..we have a HOME button in our button menu at the console.
I guess I never used it or maybe just did not notice it before.....so oldmanrcf really enlightened me. Now it would be really cool if we can change the display to have a
different vid of gif....is that possible?
airlaird
Old 03-21-19, 05:06 PM
OldManRCF
Driver

Yes, changing the start up screen is possible as well, you can load the images using the usb slot in the center console. It’s a small process though, you’ll have to read up on it to succeed.
Old 03-21-19, 06:58 PM
iKamboj
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While we're on this topic - my nissan altima starts playing my music from my phone the moment I plug it. Is there a way to make music play automatically on the RCF as well? Every time I plug it in I have to manually go into the audio option and pick my phone for the music to start playing.
Old 03-21-19, 08:58 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Have you tried BT ? After I get to where I'm going I shut off the RCF and my Pandora stops playing. I leave the BT turned on in my Android phone. After a couple of hours or whatever, I return to my RCF and fire up my RCF, my phone pairs automatically and plays through the ML system in my RCF.

Originally Posted by iKamboj
While we're on this topic - my nissan altima starts playing my music from my phone the moment I plug it. Is there a way to make music play automatically on the RCF as well? Every time I plug it in I have to manually go into the audio option and pick my phone for the music to start playing.
Old 03-22-19, 06:43 AM
OldManRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Have you tried BT ? After I get to where I'm going I shut off the RCF and my Pandora stops playing. I leave the BT turned on in my Android phone. After a couple of hours or whatever, I return to my RCF and fire up my RCF, my phone pairs automatically and plays through the ML system in my RCF.
+1 sync your phone with your car within the options and it will pair automatically (make sure your bluetooth on your phone is turned on) when you enter the vehicle. No more problems, you can control the song selection from the steering wheel, no more needing to plug it in.
Old 09-23-19, 12:10 AM
slvrcrz
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

mistakenly posted on the wrong thread

Last edited by slvrcrz; 09-23-19 at 12:11 AM. Reason: mistakenly posted on related thread
Old 09-23-19, 02:51 PM
RCF4DAD
Driver

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I have seen my playlist show on the front screen but goes away after about 15 seconds or so and goes back to the map. So, is there a way to have this playlist show all the time
on our LCD screen?
airlaird[/QUOTE]

Go into SETTINGS> General Settings and in there you will see a selection ON/OFFfor default Map coming on after 15 seconds...if you turn that OFF, then it will never default Back to the Map and will HOLD the Audio or Climate or Trip screen, whatever is currently on the screen.
The following users liked this post:
Mingofish (09-30-19)
Old 09-30-19, 03:33 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

RCF4DAD, I appreciate it. I tried that and nothing changed?? So in my original post from February 2019..(see above) I successfully added my iTunes play log thanks to" Oldman RCF" who posted instructions. BUT, it is still on a split screen. Is there any way to have the iTunes display in FULL screen? Anyone?