RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Questions about a 2015 RCF with aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-18, 06:24 PM
Daddymars
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about a 2015 RCF with aftermarket parts

Hello, I need some advice on the 2015 RCF below.
2015 RCF
The exhaust system is an aftermarket part but not sure what band. It also looks like it sticks out too much from the rear(maybe just me). I am not sure the rim on this car either. The carfax report shows there were two previous owners on this car. The last owner only has it for 4 months. That has me worry. Attached is the service history.

I would like everyone opinion about the purchase of this vehicle. Any opinion is a good opinion since all of you know more about the RCF than me.

Thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LEXUS DRIVERS.pdf (97.2 KB, 194 views)
Old 12-09-18, 07:26 PM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Unfortunately I can’t tell what exhaust it has installed, someone may be able to chime in on that. It does look a little off to me. The service history and Carfax both look like they check out. Sometimes people buy a car and it’s not what they expected. Only thing that would have me a little worried is the missing brake reservoir cap and possible air in the brake system because of it, but that was 2 years ago. Even still I’m ocd about my car and would pass on this because of that, and because of the modifications in general. Personally I’d say if you’re really interested in the car, make an appointment and go check it out in person and test drive it.
Old 12-09-18, 07:26 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,419 Likes on 1,743 Posts

Records look fine. No red flags. Exhaust is not a well known RCF exhaust. Wondering if he has a custom setup? Does the car also come with stock exhaust?
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (12-11-18)
Old 12-09-18, 08:30 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks like a very good deal, almost too good. Nice color with TVD which is fantastic. Wierd gap in mileage reported to Carfax shows a dealer most likely drove it for ~7k miles and then owner number 2 only had it for ~5k miles. Get it inspected and go from there.
Old 12-09-18, 09:47 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Kind of looks like the Ark Grip exhaust tips, but I’ve never seen one stick out that far. Records look fine. I wouldn’t be worried about short term ownership, judging by all the service records, it seems to have been taken care of. And most of the things it’s been in for have all been pretty normal things for the RCF......fuel pump recall, reflash ECM for buzzing sound on low pressure fuel pump, and brake squeal. Known issue with the original OEM pads......
Old 12-10-18, 03:22 AM
Daddymars
Driver School Candidate

Thank you everyone. I asked the dealer to send me more pictures. The price is below the market value that have me worried.
Old 12-10-18, 08:14 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Didn't the TOMS titanium exhaust and tips stick out quite a bit to match up with how the TOMS rear diffuser sticks out from the bumper? Just a guess, but that would be pretty nice if it was.
Old 12-10-18, 10:32 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
Kind of looks like the Ark Grip exhaust tips, but I’ve never seen one stick out that far. Records look fine. I wouldn’t be worried about short term ownership, judging by all the service records, it seems to have been taken care of. And most of the things it’s been in for have all been pretty normal things for the RCF......fuel pump recall, reflash ECM for buzzing sound on low pressure fuel pump, and brake squeal. Known issue with the original OEM pads......
That's definitely not the ARK - ARK fills the holes in better and it doesn't stick out as much. I'll have pictures soon haha I've been lagging!

Originally Posted by hwcustoms
Didn't the TOMS titanium exhaust and tips stick out quite a bit to match up with how the TOMS rear diffuser sticks out from the bumper? Just a guess, but that would be pretty nice if it was.
If I had to guess, TOMS would be my first choice or a custom exhaust with welded titanium tips. I was also going to say Amuse but their titanium tips look much nicer than those OP had posted.
Old 12-10-18, 02:57 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 2UR
Unfortunately I can’t tell what exhaust it has installed, someone may be able to chime in on that. It does look a little off to me. The service history and Carfax both look like they check out. Sometimes people buy a car and it’s not what they expected. Only thing that would have me a little worried is the missing brake reservoir cap and possible air in the brake system because of it, but that was 2 years ago. Even still I’m ocd about my car and would pass on this because of that, and because of the modifications in general. Personally I’d say if you’re really interested in the car, make an appointment and go check it out in person and test drive it.
If air got into the braking system it would be very apparent when applying the brakes. These is no mistaking it. It's also easy to remove air if it does happen.
Old 12-10-18, 03:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,419 Likes on 1,743 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddymars
Thank you everyone. I asked the dealer to send me more pictures. The price is below the market value that have me worried.
Yeah, pricing looks too good to be true, but maybe it is a great deal.
Old 12-12-18, 09:59 PM
Kthao
Driver School Candidate

The wheels are STANCE SF01. It a great deal, I never saw one around 250 miles where I live under $40k. Take it to lexus dealer for pre inspection or independent shop if the dealer let you do it. Also if the brake line have air it easy to breed, You should not worry about those 5.0 is the most reliable.
Old 12-13-18, 09:42 AM
Daddymars
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone, I decided not to pursue this vehicle. The dealer lack of commitment. I had asked for pictures for two days in a roll, but no response other than ask me to go to the dealership.
Old 12-13-18, 10:14 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks everyone, I decided not to pursue this vehicle. The dealer lack of commitment. I had asked for pictures for two days in a roll, but no response other than ask me to go to the dealership.
Sad that a salesman can't snap a couple cell phone pics and spend 10 minutes trying to earn a commission. No one is hungry anymore.
Old 12-13-18, 10:45 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Right decision! To good of a deal could mean trouble, especially when there is no warranty of any kind. Bought my used 2015 from a Lexus dealer with a extended warranty in which I probably will never use, but made the whole buying decision worry free. Obviously, they don't know the car, or they would not state it has a ML stereo with 10 speakers!
Old 12-13-18, 06:16 PM
Daddymars
Driver School Candidate

In case someone is interested in this vehicle. Somehow I found the vehicle online from the previous owner who took some pictures. lool like the front grille is damage.

Quick Reply: Questions about a 2015 RCF with aftermarket parts