RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RCF brake replacement cost

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-18, 05:05 PM
Jlesz
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lexus RCF brake replacement cost

Hello everyone. I am currently looking at trading in for a 2015 lexus RCF. I inquired about the brake replacement cost from a lexus dealer and they quoted me $3100 $CND for all 4 including all parts and labour. I live in Canada so the price is in Canadian $
Old 10-10-18, 07:12 PM
Limelight
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

What all was involved in that quote - pads and rotors all around and tax? Whereabouts in Canada?
Old 10-11-18, 10:45 AM
Jlesz
Driver

Full brake replacement Rotors/Pads/Pad sensors

I live in Kitchener Ontario, Lexus dealer is Heffner Lexus
Old 10-11-18, 11:02 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Sounds about right. These Brembos are quite expensive. $3100 CAD for all four corners disks/pads/sensors is what I would expect. They are supposed to last a long time, if they are driven normally on the streets and not tracked often.

Is this trade-in at a dealership? Are they not certifying it? How many KMs on it?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-11-18 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-11-18, 11:22 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

have you measured minimum rotor thickness to see if it truly needs replacement. Replacing the rotors seems like the new way for stealerships to get your money
Old 10-11-18, 12:14 PM
Jlesz
Driver

The car is at a lexus dealer and is lexus certified. it is a 2015 RCF base with only 20,000km on it. I'm basically just researching maintenance cost and stuff before i pull the plug. i found a website in canada that sells the rotors for $275 each. However the brake pads are $448. Most likely would go aftermarket pads.

I had a 2014 is350 previously and had my brakes replaced under warranty at 19000km. I made the mistake of getting an F150 last year and would like to get rid of it before it depreciates quickly.

i also asked for the service records to see if it had any fuel pump failure issues, the records came back clean just normal service
Old 10-11-18, 12:15 PM
Jlesz
Driver

here are the links for the website.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.ca/a/Le...S/8926390.html

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.ca/a/Le...F/8926755.html
Old 10-11-18, 12:17 PM
Jlesz
Driver

How is the RCF in winter conditions with good winter tires? Canada get's dumped with snow pretty good in the winter and i was planning to drive the car all year round
Old 10-11-18, 12:41 PM
Limelight
Driver

Originally Posted by Jlesz
Full brake replacement Rotors/Pads/Pad sensors

I live in Kitchener Ontario, Lexus dealer is Heffner Lexus
I saw that one on Auto Trader - I’m in Whitby. Mileage is low and it’s in good condition - but $59,000 seems like a high asking price for a 2015 base. There is a 2015 base RCF in blue with comparable mileage on Kijiji in Oakville asking only $47,900. Hopefully the dealer has a lot of movement on the one you’re looking at.

The RC-F being a high powered rear wheel drive vehicle isn’t a big mover as winter approaches - that’s an advantage for you as a potential short-term buyer. Good luck!
Old 10-11-18, 01:25 PM
Jlesz
Driver

Originally Posted by Limelight

I saw that one on Auto Trader - I’m in Whitby. Mileage is low and it’s in good condition - but $59,000 seems like a high asking price for a 2015 base. There is a 2015 base RCF in blue with comparable mileage on Kijiji in Oakville asking only $47,900. Hopefully the dealer has a lot of movement on the one you’re looking at.

The RC-F being a high powered rear wheel drive vehicle isn’t a big mover as winter approaches - that’s an advantage for you as a potential short-term buyer. Good luck!
thanks for the reply. I didn’t see that blue one. I’m looking for white or orange.

as far as the price your right its the most expensive 2015. However i work for Lexus so i’m hopeful i can get a decent price.

i’m also looking for one from a lexus dealer. I know theres a bunch in toronto area however my past experiences buying cars the dealers in toronto won’t budge on price. Also they generally won’t let you test drive the cars because there in warehouses and parked 2 inches from the next car

are you in the market for one or do you already own one

Last edited by Jlesz; 10-11-18 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-11-18, 01:55 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

If you go with aftermarket, you would want to be careful that they can match the OEM stopping power and fade resistance well especially under heavy braking. Even if you are merging on to a freeway and gun it in say 2nd gear at around 70 km/h, you will hit almost 200 km/h before you know (if you are not looking at the speedo) and might have to brake to bring it back down to 110 km/h.

Mint condition carbon package 2015/2016 RCF with low mileage are still lurking in the low-60 CADs given the rarity of it. The standard package will low mileage are in the low to mid-50s CADs. If it is a standard package, you can negotiate a few grand off.
Old 10-11-18, 02:23 PM
Jlesz
Driver

Thanks for the reply. It appears that website I posted in selling OEM parts.

I was originally looking at for a track package car, i love the carbon roof however i don't really need the TVD. I've researched and didn't really find the best results for what the big difference is. Question is the TVD always on or can you leave it off?
Old 10-11-18, 03:23 PM
Limelight
Driver

are you in the market for one or do you already own one
I’m on the periphery of the market. I have decided the RC-F will be my next car but the Mrs is not thrilled with the immediacy of my desired timing. She really likes the car, which is a plus, but would prefer I wait a few years. I don’t want to wait that long, but at least then I’m looking at a 2017 for 2015 prices today.

I drive a 2015 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid currently - another rare unicorn car - there are probably less than 100 in Canada. It has 377HP but I’m feeling I need a V8 in my life.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted.
Old 10-11-18, 04:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I was originally looking at for a track package car, i love the carbon roof however i don't really need the TVD. I've researched and didn't really find the best results for what the big difference is. Question is the TVD always on or can you leave it off?
Depends on how picky you are about how nimble the car feels. With the package, you get the carbon fiber roof, spoiler, TVD and the 20 spoke 19 inch hand polished wheels. It was a $8000 CAD option package.

I have the TVD. The TVD is a pretty amazing especially in driving experience even away from the track, as caranddriver said "feels like an overgrown Miata". It has three modes 'standard', 'slalom' and 'track' mode.

The TVD makes the rear of the car rotate as long as you are applying throttle, which makes the car feel smaller/shorter wheelbase in tight turns since the steering response is a lot sharper making the front end respond sharply. In slalom mode, the car reacts very fast in tight turns. In track mode, at high turning speeds, it will allow you keep in pressing more and more throttle without any understeer and even kick the tail out easily powering out of the corner. As for lap times, they tested about a lap time of 0.5 seconds difference between TVD (non-carbon) and non-TVD.

Also, Carbon Fiber roof allows the center of gravity to be lowered as well.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-11-18 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-11-18, 05:09 PM
Limelight
Driver

Thanks for this. Despite loving my sunroof, this is why I want the Performance Package....

Quick Reply: Lexus RCF brake replacement cost