RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Infotainment Info

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-18, 03:34 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Infotainment Info

I imagine this info is in the manual, but too lazy to look it up. Anyone have answers for this?

- In all my other cars, when the headlights come on, the navigation screen inverts with a black background to be less distracting. In this car, it stays the same day and night.
- Why does it default to navigation full screen at start up? Shouldn't home be the default.
- Why does it default back to home screen when selecting another option. If I choose to go full screen with audio, a min or two later it will jump back to the home screen.
- The first couple of weeks, the weather would work. It hasn't worked for the last couple of weeks. The system is connected to my phone and linked through the enform app, but weather is never available.

Old 09-24-18, 05:47 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSlow
I imagine this info is in the manual, but too lazy to look it up. Anyone have answers for this?

- In all my other cars, when the headlights come on, the navigation screen inverts with a black background to be less distracting. In this car, it stays the same day and night.
- Why does it default to navigation full screen at start up? Shouldn't home be the default.
- Why does it default back to home screen when selecting another option. If I choose to go full screen with audio, a min or two later it will jump back to the home screen.
- The first couple of weeks, the weather would work. It hasn't worked for the last couple of weeks. The system is connected to my phone and linked through the enform app, but weather is never available.
I think a lot of those settings can be made under the settings especially the display options. I would explore those options first. There's actually an option to turn home screen on or off I recall. The navigation display needs to be changed to auto. Then when headlights are on it will change to night map
Weather is from HD radio. Don't know what area you're in I guess if you're in an area that doesn't have HD radio then maybe you can't get the weather or traffic
The following users liked this post:
Mingofish (09-26-18)
Old 09-24-18, 07:17 PM
TRANC3
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

There is a setting to stop the screen flipping back to the home screen automatically.....so it basically stays on whatever you left it on last. Look for something like "automatically turn screen to MAP"
Old 09-24-18, 11:26 PM
DebianDog
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Man... I was just looking for this. The manual is not super great or I do not think like the index creator.
Old 09-25-18, 10:09 AM
JBooGieRCF
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

this is great info. My background changes but I don't like everytime I start up the full nav screen comes on.
Old 09-25-18, 10:21 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSlow

change it in the settings to AUTO, It is likely set to daylight from previous owner

it will stay on any audio source you were on when you shut down, on startup it will go back to that audio source, otherwise, if you shut down in any other mode, home screen included, it defaults to the map, crappy programming.

turn off the auto flip in settings. don't recall what it is called, but something like auto-revert, or auto-home.

Weather is an SiriusXM subscription, so no subscription = no weather. you where likely on the previous owners subscription until he cancelled it. . Need to call Lexus Enform Services, I believe it is part of the data package.

answers in red.
The following 3 users liked this post by mjeds:
05RollaXRS (09-25-18), Mingofish (09-26-18), SoSlow (09-25-18)
Old 09-25-18, 10:30 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Voice command is your friend. Read the manual.
Old 09-25-18, 05:08 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I found the auto flip setting and turned it off, seems to have fixed that issue.
I found the day mode setting. This one took a minute. When you go to the menu screen, look at the right top corner and you will see a button for display and that is where the setting it. It isn't in any of the other setting. Mine was set to day mode, when I switched it, the nav screen now switches like I would expect.
My weather is back to working again. I didn't change anything, it just works now? I am still on XM free trial for a few more weeks.
Old 09-25-18, 07:21 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

It's HD radio signal. Not xm. Like I mentioned in the first post. You don't need xm subscription.
The following users liked this post:
mjeds (09-26-18)
Old 09-26-18, 08:04 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
It's HD radio signal. Not xm. Like I mentioned in the first post. You don't need xm subscription.

you’re right, my bad. In several of my last few cars it was provided by SiriusXM. Including my new G80. I just presumed the Lexus was the same. Just looked it up and it’s HD radio in Lexus, Can’t believe I owned the RCF for 3 years and never knew that.

But then again I never used it because I thought it was SiriusXM and I refuse to subscribe to their service for anything.
Old 09-26-18, 06:17 PM
1KwikGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good info, updated my screen
Old 09-29-18, 07:55 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
answers in red.

auto screen change