RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Nebula Gray Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-18, 02:44 PM
chwise55
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nebula Gray Owners

I am curious for those of you who chose the Nebula Gray color: how do you like the choice now? Any issues? Would you order the same color again? I really like the color, think it really shows off the lines of the car. I am in somewhat of a quandary between the Gray and White since I have no opportunities to see one in person without driving 4 to 5 hours (very limited selection) tough to tell from pictures. Gray looks great and White is the practical color for NM, really need to see it in person but am interested in others take.
Old 09-21-18, 03:21 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by chwise55
I am curious for those of you who chose the Nebula Gray color: how do you like the choice now? Any issues? Would you order the same color again? I really like the color, think it really shows off the lines of the car. I am in somewhat of a quandary between the Gray and White since I have no opportunities to see one in person without driving 4 to 5 hours (very limited selection) tough to tell from pictures. Gray looks great and White is the practical color for NM, really need to see it in person but am interested in others take.
I am biased, but I like the color and have no regrets. One other thing my son pointed out is we have yet to see another nebula gray RCF or GSF in 2 years of ownership.
Old 09-21-18, 06:24 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Amazing color. I really like it and it shines and shows the lines when it's clean.

It also goes really well with CF such as the Artisan Spirit ducts and the Rowen fender extensions
Old 09-21-18, 06:57 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Love the gray, a top choice. Either white or the gray with the red seats.
Old 09-21-18, 08:30 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I see your dilemma ...I was torn between the white and the Nebula...I had hoped the white had the "metallic flake" in the paint as the other Lexus models...but it does not. I chose the Nebula and the lines pop on the color...best of all...it does no show dirt
airlaird
Old 09-21-18, 11:20 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Surprised at the responses, the color is great and it pops at certain times but definitely hidden at night. I find the white daytime running lights look better on it than a white car but the grill and dark chrome around it don't pop nearly as well as the other colors.

The front of any other color looks better imo and I may have to eventually wrap around the grill to make it more noticeable. If I had to do it again I'd choose blue or white, it's such a nice car that deserves a color that stands out but if you don't care for that then NGP would be top choice.

But TBH blue is just a killer color so that's where my remorse comes from, and stock vs stock it stands out dramatically and I haven't modded my car much. If I was to drop my car and throw some wheels on I'm sure I'd be content lol.

I also don't park in the sun often so I rarely get to appreciate it but I will say I had my friend drive my car and no regrets when I watch it rolling in the sun hah.
Old 09-23-18, 12:14 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Apone
Love the gray, a top choice. Either white or the gray with the red seats.
Hahaha, I partially agree, but personally can't stand the red seats. But man does the White or Gray with Grey Seats look awesome -- very very elegant/classy high end sports car look. The grey is definitely more toned down and doesn't scream "fast car" like some other colors, which is why it got the wife-approval-factor (WAF)!
Old 09-23-18, 03:19 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by raerae1616
Hahaha, I partially agree, but personally can't stand the red seats. But man does the White or Gray with Grey Seats look awesome -- very very elegant/classy high end sports car look. The grey is definitely more toned down and doesn't scream "fast car" like some other colors, which is why it got the wife-approval-factor (WAF)!
Really??? I get so many compliments on the red seats. I think it really makes the car stand out a lot more but that's just me haha
Old 09-23-18, 03:26 PM
e2dag
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by airlaird
I see your dilemma ...I was torn between the white and the Nebula...I had hoped the white had the "metallic flake" in the paint as the other Lexus models...but it does not. I chose the Nebula and the lines pop on the color...best of all...it does no show dirt
airlaird

I have the white and it does have a flake to it. It isn't really visible in the shade but it definitely is in sunlight.

Old 09-23-18, 05:34 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

I love my ultra white with red interior. Although I keep eyeing the grey color. I think it looks super nice if you add carbon fiber and black out the window trim. I don’t know if I would choose white over grey if I had to do it all over again. Both are killer!!
Old 09-24-18, 04:31 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool USB All The Way

My first introduction to the RCF was the White w Circuit Red. Had it for a whole day - the comfort and ride capabilities sold me the car.
Once I decided I'd get the RCF - it was between Atomic Silver or Ultrasonic Blue. Obviously the Blue won me over and traveled 300 miles to get it!
Not sure this is possible - but after having a Full PPF Done (With Ceramic Coating) the Blue color seems to have "changed" a little. Deeper/Darker maybe.

Old 09-24-18, 05:08 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Loud Color

Not to hijack your thread on colors - but has ANYONE ever seen a RCF in this yet?
Took these screenshots off their "Build Site" - must be a new addition for 2019 ?
Anyone ever own a Yellow Car?

Old 09-24-18, 06:42 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Not to hijack your thread on colors - but has ANYONE ever seen a RCF in this yet?
Took these screenshots off their "Build Site" - must be a new addition for 2019 ?
Anyone ever own a Yellow Car?

I've seen it in person - it's hideous. They yellow they used is just off; don't know how else to describe it...
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (09-24-18)
Old 09-24-18, 10:52 AM
estoyf
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no regrets with my NGP choice. the CF roof and spoiler is a subtle compliment to the color and i love it. ideally, i would have waited for one with the red interior as well.
Old 09-24-18, 02:25 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I liked the color on my wife's NX that I decided my RC would be the same color
Attached Thumbnails Nebula Gray Owners-photo426.jpg  

Quick Reply: Nebula Gray Owners