RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

UEL PPE & Invidia

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-18, 11:46 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
Sounds amazing! Think I'm almost convinced on this setup haha. No drone?
nope no drone. Just enough deep tone to let people know the car has some “stufF” I’m biased to my setup but I have to say I think I have one of the best sounding combos out there for daily and aggressive driving.
The following users liked this post:
Apone (10-02-18)
Old 10-02-18, 05:45 PM
1KwikGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good, in for Dyno results.
Old 10-02-18, 06:14 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I'll admit to being more than a little interested in more videos of your setup.... let's hear it man!
Lammyyy (10-02-18)
Old 10-02-18, 07:15 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Apone
I'll admit to being more than a little interested in more videos of your setup.... let's hear it man!
More videosssssss! LOL

He probably hates us for asking so many times
Old 10-03-18, 01:46 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
More videosssssss! LOL

He probably hates us for asking so many times
No way I love the follow up!! I have an appointment tomorrow if it doesn’t rain for new dyno results and sound clips while it’s on the dyno. Not sure if it gained much since I put the two HF cats but we will see.

PS taking it to the same dyno this time around to compare evenly and then I will take it to a dynojet which everyone seems to be using and sharing results.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1BAD4DR:
Apone (10-04-18), Lammyyy (10-03-18)
Old 10-03-18, 01:47 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Idle sounds civilized, which is great. You want it to sound aggressive when you get on the throttle and subdued when you are cruising.
that’s exactly what I wanted. I think after a little trial and error I nailed it!! Good call out...
Old 10-04-18, 11:32 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Two best runs from dyno with exhaust. Red is with Invidia and Dark Blue is with Invidia/HFC/PPE UEL.
Apone (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 11:38 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Here you go for everyone that wanted to hear my setup. I love the tone and how loud it is. Didn’t go EL headers as I wanted more of a growl and not high pitch. I think I got it to my taste exactly.

Apone (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 11:44 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Sound Bites on the dyno I’ll try to record some when I’m driving. Happy a$$ camper here with the Lexus
Old 10-04-18, 11:46 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Now I will go to the track too get a new time slip as dyno’s can be misleading they say. I have before time slips so it will be interesting. Next RRRacing tune and intake and dyno and track. To be continued....
Apone (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 12:19 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR

Two best runs from dyno with exhaust. Red is with Invidia and Dark Blue is with Invidia/HFC/PPE UEL.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I don't see near enough of it as compared to other car brand communities. It looks like mostly torque improvements, which this car desperately needs so that is good. I also note the curious (probably headers) move of top end power higher in the rev range. Not sure if you ran to red line as they hit a wall and drop off at different points and that should not be possible. I think I'm sold on your setup except I will choose EL headers because I do want the more exotic tone. Yours sounds great, thanks again for sharing!
Old 10-04-18, 12:36 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I don't see near enough of it as compared to other car brand communities. It looks like mostly torque improvements, which this car desperately needs so that is good. I also note the curious (probably headers) move of top end power higher in the rev range. Not sure if you ran to red line as they hit a wall and drop off at different points and that should not be possible. I think I'm sold on your setup except I will choose EL headers because I do want the more exotic tone. Yours sounds great, thanks again for sharing!

Well the red line shows it loss some low end torque here are my cliff notes:
Loss some low end torque as you can see from the graph
Picked up HP on the high end
How did it have more revs in the upper band before dropping off gets me??? I just compared the other youtube video on the dyno with exhaust only and it hits the rev limiter, so I'm not sure why they have different drop off points (Any feedback)?
The dyno operator said the car liked the headers to be warmed up (that is why in the sound bites clip he was warming it up more) and it did make more power the next run after the first 3
I think the cats are restricting it some but it holds value as i couldn't stand the smell or the tone it made with out them
Also I believe i mentioned this in my other posts but the car had some 100 octane (since I had taken it to the track) in the previous dyno, this time today I only had 91 octane so I'm not sure if it made a little difference
Just had two screens open with both dyno runs and the car sounds way more aggressive with the headers

I hope this helps the community, Thanks!!
Alex
The following 2 users liked this post by 1BAD4DR:
Apone (10-04-18), Lammyyy (10-07-18)
Old 10-04-18, 12:48 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR
Car runs like a Fn champ and sounds 10x better than it did with no cats.
what did it sound like before? WHat was wrong with it?
Old 10-04-18, 12:59 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

what did it sound like before? WHat was wrong with it?
After the header install and exhaust it was loud as hell, I couldn't step on it in the city, it was annoying and the fumes were terrible. I honestly hatted it and thought I was going to pay all over again to put the stock headers back on. It was so raspy and high pitched sounded nasty to me to be honest. After the HFcats were put on it was night and day and I'm glad I didn't revert back to stock!! I don't like to be the loud annoying car every-time I hit the gas pedal, I want it to sound aggressive when I get on it.

Last edited by 1BAD4DR; 10-04-18 at 01:30 PM.
Apone (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 01:10 PM
Apone
Pole Position

perfect, I think mine is too loud and some days I don't want to be bothered either. That's why I'm so interested in what you are doing here.

#Borla
1BAD4DR (10-04-18)

Quick Reply: UEL PPE & Invidia