RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus Customer Service F-

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-18, 09:21 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Exactly, I know what you mean.

Yes, if I was in this situation, I will let EVERYONE know about this.

Still, it will only take about half an hour or so to write and print out a compliant letter to send to the WI State Attorneys office and consumer protection office and ALL the local TV stations and invite them to call back to discuss further. Again, I would let the dealership know that I'm about to do the above and give the dealership one last chance to make it right. I'll bet the dealership is betting on OP to just give up. One must wonder how many other customers was having other adverse issues with the same dealership?

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
I have found sometimes it is just better to move on from something than fight for it. The old pick your battles... If it were me I would just live with the paint problem or pay to fix it. I will say from personal experience life is to short to always be right and to always win. The dealer will grind you down forever and they don't care. That is life. I will say this, never do business with them again and let everyone know how you feel about their service. Then forget about it and enjoy your car.
Old 11-18-18, 07:32 AM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm sorry for your trouble.

I've never dealt with corporate. But the dealerships I have used will bend over backwards to make me happy (Naples/Sarasota/Tampa). They frequently give me discounts and complimentary services that are not normally free. If I may have to wait for more than a couple of hours for any type of service then they give me a complimentary vehicle to use. The service is one of the reasons why I stick with Lexus. I even ordered a new 2019 RC F that will arrive in March or April. They have probably made me a customer for life.

I used the SOS button to setup my Enform service and it was active within hours. No issues since. In fact, I've gotten the last 2 years of service for free. I don't think I was supposed to?
Old 11-25-18, 10:18 PM
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry to read about your issues, I recently purchased a used RCF from a non-Lexus dealership, and the paint was clearly not properly cared for by the original owner (and I'm guessing the $10/hr "detailer" that had his hands on it at the dealership didn't help either). Tons of small surface scratches and swirls. Those weren't a dealbreaker for me because I can correct paint. However, there were three significant defects (a notable crack and spiderwebbing on the front bumper, a scratch that goes the length of the driver's side skirt, and a screw mark/license plate frame indent on the rear bumper where some jackass pulled too close). I caught 2 of the 3 when I initially inspected the car, and negotiated another $1700 off my purchase price to offset the cost I would incur to repair the damage...but I can't find any paint/body shop out here that I trust to respray the USB 2.0 four-stage paint and had no clue what a pain in the ***/how difficult to match it will be. I love the car but had I known how much of a headache it was going to be to get these 3 issues resolved, I might have waited for a different car that was more consistent with my personal standards regarding aesthetics. Not really sure where I'm going with is, I just needed to vent a little too, and let you know that I feel your pain and I hope the dealership steps up and does the right thing...but I wouldn't count on it.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (11-28-18)
Old 11-26-18, 06:21 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I feel your pain. I haven't found a shop I trust, nearby anyway. I am just living with it for now and pondering a carbon hood with partial paint.
Old 11-27-18, 05:33 PM
slper
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

The only google review I had ever left was for Lexus of Orlando. The guys won't negotiate the price of a car with me because it was certified and I had my own financing. Their sales manager is far from professional. Sadly, the salesman was the coolest I've every encountered. Funny, no pressure and knew the product. They called me because of the review and listened to my complaint. I told them I bought a car for $500 less than the 1 they had. They lost a sell over $500 dollars and earn a negative review from a potential customer. I will not be giving them my service business either.