RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

AEM/K&N Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-18, 12:21 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 1herm4
I would keep an eye out on AEM website for availability and pricing. Not sure how soon it will become available. Might be awhile for California purchase since it needs CARB approval. I don't think any other color options will be offered.
Do you have any idea how much it could cost, ball park wise? BTW It looks sweet, carbon would be the way to go!
Old 06-23-18, 06:20 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Not.

Originally Posted by mjn88
There is a dyno chart above showing the improved hp and tq...that is a fact that it improves performance. I will never understand the hate...
LMAO. The Dyno sheet shown is with BOTH the Intake and Borla Exhaust, NOT just a K&N Intake on a stock RCF.

Your Carbon Fiber Engine Bay is absolutely gorgeous man! Since you now have aesthetics, and an Intake, im sure that's next on your list - right?
Guess I'm a** backwards then. You crack me up with all your whining about hate.
Old 06-23-18, 01:02 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
LMAO. The Dyno sheet shown is with BOTH the Intake and Borla Exhaust, NOT just a K&N Intake on a stock RCF.

Your Carbon Fiber Engine Bay is absolutely gorgeous man! Since you now have aesthetics, and an Intake, im sure that's next on your list - right?
Guess I'm a** backwards then. You crack me up with all your whining about hate.
But baseline was run with the Borla, and OEM intake.....red line is with AEM intake and Borla. Graph proves power was made with the AEM intake over the OEM....
The following users liked this post:
mjn88 (06-23-18)
Old 06-23-18, 05:11 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Glad to see real power gains from this intake! It’s cool to see companies taking risks making products for such a small market! People will always have negative things to say, envy is a part of everyday life but don’t let their opinions change your decisions! Buy whatever you want for whatever reason you feel is right!!
Old 06-23-18, 09:03 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

No affiliation with the manufacturer, I'm just a test subject and not trying to sell you guys anything.

We all know how popular the Borla exhaust for these cars and dyno proves gain through out the entire linear curve. If you look at torque curve and where it peaks, you will notice it's very close to where to stock intake baffle opens up (RPM range). Only reason in my opinion for this peak in torque is the restrictive stock intake box.

I'm working on getting the dyno from the initial pull when the car was stock. But really anyone who is looking for any performance advantage is not going to stick to a stock exhaust anyways.

The real kicker and don't understand is why people buy exhaust systems with baffles! You remove a restrictive stock exhaust and replaced it with another restrictive exhaust! Really!! If you want to tone it down, ECO or NORMAL drive mode will take it down for you.
Old 06-23-18, 10:06 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

No affiliation with the manufacturer, I'm just a test subject and not trying to sell you guys anything.

We all know how popular the Borla exhaust for these cars and dyno proves gain through out the entire linear curve. If you look at torque curve and where it peaks, you will notice it's very close to where to stock intake baffle opens up (RPM range). Only reason in my opinion for this peak in torque is the restrictive stock intake box.

I'm working on getting the dyno from the initial pull when the car was stock. But really anyone who is looking for any performance advantage is not going to stick to a stock exhaust anyways.

The real kicker and don't understand is why people buy exhaust systems with baffles! You remove a restrictive stock exhaust and replaced it with another restrictive exhaust! Really!! If you want to tone it down, ECO or NORMAL drive mode will take it down for you.
Hit it right on the head!
Old 06-24-18, 05:44 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

But, but, but ...lol. ok, ok.
Old 06-24-18, 06:11 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
There is a dyno chart above showing the improved hp and tq...that is a fact that it improves performance. I will never understand the hate...
HATE, NO Hate here Scooter! By your signature it looks like you live in California & so I understand! BUT, Snowflakes in June, WOW! I've NEVER heard of increasing Torque or HP by adding a Smooth Tube intake NEVER, care to explain HOW it would increase Torque?

Last edited by johnnyreb; 06-24-18 at 06:14 PM.
GunnyFitz (06-25-18)
Old 06-24-18, 06:27 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Its magic! LOL
Old 06-24-18, 07:07 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Its magic! LOL
Either way 1herm4 just Enjoy your car, we're All on the same team!
Old 06-26-18, 09:43 AM
GOT8SPD
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting, saw another similiar setup, jdmpassword intake was posted earlier. What's the price of this intake? Also want to see pics of the lid
Old 06-26-18, 09:59 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

I will post pics once the new lid comes in. Not sure on price, will have to wait for that info.
Old 06-28-18, 01:31 PM
TOPHER9425
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I should have my Sikky intake tube in tomorrow....after reading numerous threads and info on the design of our stock Air Box, I just rather change out the restrictive intake tube.
Old 06-28-18, 03:56 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TOPHER9425
I should have my Sikky intake tube in tomorrow....after reading numerous threads and info on the design of our stock Air Box, I just rather change out the restrictive intake tube.
I would also remove the stock air box. I'm not engineer but I would say the diameter and length of the piping along with a better filter element is what helps.
mjn88 (06-28-18)
Old 06-28-18, 05:55 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Sikky

If you guys want some insight on Sikky installation and what to keep / remove, NJSteve just did his recently.
I believe he posted it with photos as well.

Quick Reply: AEM/K&N Intake