RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

4th lexus for me !

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-18, 04:14 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 4th lexus for me !

First Lexus was a Lexus RC350 f sport after getting rid of my m3 e92 , it was a nice ride but months after I upgraded to a black 2015 rcf , then got rid of that and bought another white rcf , and finally bought a brand new rcf
The following 2 users liked this post by Ricardorc:
GunnyFitz (05-17-18), Z3NK1 (05-17-18)
Old 05-16-18, 04:18 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

Very cool. My first Lexus was a white RC 350 F sport now gone and now I have Black RCF. I am half way there.
Old 05-16-18, 04:29 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Very nice !! The interior in the rc was way better than my outdated m3 lol but It was lacking speed so that’s when I pulled the trigger on the black Rcf
Old 05-16-18, 05:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Cool. Congrats. You probably set a record of owning 3 RCFs LOL So your black RCF is a '17 or '18? I assume your other RCF did not have AVS? How do you like the AVS? I also was cross shopping between a '13 E90 M3 sedan and an RCF. 4 doors gave the M3 a big advantage (and cheaper price), but once I drove the RCF, I bought it right away.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-16-18 at 05:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (05-17-18)
Old 05-16-18, 06:17 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Cool. Congrats. You probably set a record of owning 3 RCFs LOL So your black RCF is a '17 or '18? I assume your other RCF did not have AVS? How do you like the AVS? I also was cross shopping between a '13 E90 M3 sedan and an RCF. 4 doors gave the M3 a big advantage (and cheaper price), but once I drove the RCF, I bought it right away.
thanks , I love your ride , Carbon package is the way to go, the white on orange brakes is the newest one , with the avs the car feels a little more comfortable, I can feel difference between the 15 and 17 both with swift springs , the black one was a 15 with RSR Springs and the ride was a little more rough but Car was lower too
Old 05-16-18, 06:21 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

E90s M3s are nice but I think you made the right choice on the F

Old 05-16-18, 09:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ricardorc
E90s M3s are nice but I think you made the right choice on the F

Yes, you are right. I am very happy with the choice. It definitely feels more "special" than the E90 M3 (as it should being a newer car). Glad I went this way.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-16-18 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-17-18, 05:20 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up How Cool Is That?

VERY nice array Ricardo!

Im sure your Lexus Dealer LOVES you don't they??

It seems we have something similar in common. I was very surprised to find the letters "RCF" available for a license plate when I went to DMV. I think the reason was that it was combined with both the Marine Corps "Semper Fidelis" option, plus the permanent Handicapped one too. Both of which required submission of supporting documentation. Actually, I didn't think I was able to get it personalized until the kind DMV Rep told me. After trying my MOS she was the one who suggested using "RCF" since it was not taken! Not a worried sort in my line of work - If anyone is seeking to track me down by running my marker plate, so be it. I'll meet them in the driveway.

Ironically, the day I walked out of the local Navy Fed Branch with my Certified Check to purchase my 2017, I looked up and there was this kid getting into a Silver RCF w the attached license Plate. (Not my cup of coffee) lol. Mustve had some aftermarket exhaust on it because it set off car alarms when he was driving off. NOT the style Im hoping for with the Armitryx!

So, the White one is your current ride? What color interior did the Black one have - the Grayish or Black Leather?

**Texas is lucky they don't require the Front Marker Plate!
Attached Thumbnails 4th lexus for me !-1-bad-rcf.jpeg   4th lexus for me !-rcf-plate.jpeg   4th lexus for me !-sunside-front.jpg  

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 05-17-18 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-17-18, 05:54 AM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
VERY nice array Ricardo!

It seems we have something similar in common. I was very surprised to find the letters "RCF" available for a license plate when I went to DMV. I think the reason was that it was combined with both the Marine Corps "Semper Fidelis" option, plus the permanent Handicapped one too. Both of which required submission of supporting documentation. Actually, I didn't think I was able to get it personalized until the kind DMV Rep told me. After trying my MOS she was the one who suggested using "RCF" since it was not taken! Not a worried sort in my line of work - If anyone is seeking to track me down by running my marker plate, so be it. I'll meet them in the driveway.

Ironically, the day I walked out of the local Navy Fed Branch with my Certified Check to purchase my 2017, I looked up and there was this kid getting into a Silver RCF w the attached license Plate. (Not my cup of coffee) lol. Mustve had some aftermarket exhaust on it because it set off car alarms when he was driving off. NOT the style Im hoping for with the Armitryx!

So, the White one is your current ride? What color interior did the Black one have - the Grayish or Black Leather?

hey bro , the latest Car is the one with the orange brakes and black leather seats , I was looking for the “ Rcf “ plate but it wasn’t available for me lol , I have the tanabe , slightly louder than oem .
I love your wheels by the way , very nice color
/so you are doing exhaust next ?
GunnyFitz (05-17-18)
Old 05-17-18, 05:56 AM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

This was my 2008 e92 m3 with 2012 lci taillights I almost got an m4 but the dealer wouldn’t give me good deals so I walked away lol
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yes, you are right. I am very happy with the choice. It definitely feels more "special" than the E90 M3 (as it should being a newer car). Glad I went this way.
Old 05-17-18, 06:00 AM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

This is the newest one
Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
VERY nice array Ricardo!

GunnyFitz (05-17-18)
Old 05-17-18, 06:47 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

@ Ricardo-Am I doing an Exhaust?

There are some "ideas" being thrown around with the Armitryx Valvetronic System right now.
Haven't read anything negative about it here, except for one Member not being able to "Close" his Valves. I received some very generous offers here. Josh from Meraki is one of the stand up guys for sure! I think he and I were discussing the Tanabe at one point. Right Josh??
Old 05-17-18, 08:06 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Beautiful picture. Space grey was one of my favorite colors when I was looking for an E90 M3. Space grey and satin silver metallic II (because it had a shade of blue under strong lighting) were two of the top colors.

Originally Posted by Ricardorc

This was my 2008 e92 m3 with 2012 lci taillights I almost got an m4 but the dealer wouldn’t give me good deals so I walked away lol