RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

My first Drag Strip experience with my RCF

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-17, 08:09 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Not bad for purchasing my car on halloween and only putting 100 miles on my GSF and running it once right?

I’ve ran my Viper at the drag strip and even had a 600 rwhp Cobra and ran it at the strip dozens of times!

Burnouts on super sports heat the tires up but do not make them stickier, they are not made of the same compound as drag radials. All you’re really doing is wasting tread.

Infact, you’ll make them greasy by doing a burnout because when you heat super sports it breaks down the compound and releases oil.
i took my rcf on the 1/4 mile under 100 miles on the odo also and did 12.8 stock, with a light burnout on the pss. Or else there is no way of getting under 2.0 60’.

if you look above and click my link where i ran 12.4x with just a borla exhaust, all runs were done with a light burnout. Yes, i have extensive experience and had ran over 50 passes to get that number, and thats why I say a burnout is totally necessary.

If you are able to shave your 60’ under 2 sec, you could been in the 12s

Last edited by ssmoked; 11-09-17 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-09-17, 05:03 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's what I did with my totally stock 15. 12.84 was my best run. ran consistantly between that and 12.95

Expert mode
Traction on
Full auto trans

Held brake on, held gas to 2200/2300 RPM the just floored it the entire way on green. didn't spin much if any

Of course I tried everything else, manual, shifting, trac on/off but full auto did the best

Originally Posted by rmsimmonsj
So I've had my RCF for a little over two years and have a bunch of mods so I wanted to see what it could do. Took it to Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA on Sunday 11/5/17. Ran three times and was in the 14s each time. Horrible traction off the line. Could not launch for the life of me and spun for 3-4 seconds all through first and second until it finally took off. Had the car in expert mode using manual mode. Ran MPSS tires 295/30 20. Had the PSI @ 25lbs. Although the 1/4 mile ET was bad my mph was still solid @ 112.56mph. If I had a Drag radial or figured out how to launch without lighting up the tires im sure it would do alot better. Once it caught traction the car accelerated very well with less track to use with the bad launch. Ill try again once I get some Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. Im a rookie and the cars that beat me definitely weren't faster, just better at launching and were a quarter down the track before I left the tree haha. Here is the slip and a little video of my learning experience. You can here the tires squealing all the way through the O'reilly poster.

https://youtu.be/vASz4oPoMug
Old 11-10-17, 08:22 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by asinow
Here's what I did with my totally stock 15. 12.84 was my best run. ran consistantly between that and 12.95

Expert mode
Traction on
Full auto trans

Held brake on, held gas to 2200/2300 RPM the just floored it the entire way on green. didn't spin much if any

Of course I tried everything else, manual, shifting, trac on/off but full auto did the best
How do you put the car on expert mode and the traction on?
Old 11-10-17, 12:33 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

i was able to do a 12.8 with a continetal 275-35-20 (old setup) i only had a k and N filter and Joe Z cat back (old setup) I found it better to be in sport or sport + with traction on. I concur to preload the trans to 1.5 to 2k rpms. I also drive around the water pit and do a small burn out. basically mashing the pedal and releasing. And reversing back to the light. I have not been back since headers and new tire and wheel set up. I will not use the nitrous until or if i ever get a drag setup tire
Old 11-10-17, 11:56 PM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hellcat is super fun and on a different level of power. Especially with a tune and pulley putting down 800whp. But the Rcf is refined and easy to drive. Not as in your face. Im attached to the RCF. One of the early buyers 2+ years ago, so I hate to put all my work miles on it.
Originally Posted by OURISF
See his signature...

and OP your daily is Hellcat??? Post a pic of that bad boy!

I am actually thinking about doing the opposite and buying a Hellcat to 1/2 mile and make my RCF my daily.
Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Sport/Auto/traction control seems be to best combo.
I only posted that run out of several and they were all around the same time in different modes. Traction full off (Expert) and manual mode had the highest MPH. When I ran with Auto and traction on, I launched and then car cut power when it slipped traction in motion and my trap speed was 107mph. Ill post that run.

Originally Posted by biggame
[QUOTE/

Your car is solid! Just look at your MPH. You seem to have the tree down with a great RT of .012....Your right your 60ft is killing you (like most of us). Are your MPSS worn? My experience with them is once I'm to the 1/2 way point on tread forget it. Your definitely going to get the car in the high 12's with a set of Mickey Thompson tires.

Get the tires and head back on 11/19 for another round of street legal drags..(Auto Club Speedway Fontana)
Thanks brother. MPSS are new so that wasnt the issue. I think I just need MT on it. You going on the 19th? Ill be there again with the Hellcat.
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I would say, calculate your circumference using online calculator of the 20 inch wheel/tire combo and factor in the weight of the wheels. Bigger circumference and weight must be hurting your off the line acceleration response. The fact that you are having a slow off the line acceleration also is a tell tale sign since bigger wheel/tire combo means taller gear ratio, which manifests itself in slower rev-up off the line to redline in 1st gear. Then, if your wheels are heavier than stock, that has impact on acceleration. Maybe, try going back to stock 19 inch wheels with a sticky set of tires and see how it goes.
The stock circumference is 2120.90 and mine is now 2152.00. Slightly bigger. And the wheels and tires I have on it weight less than the stock wheel and tire combo. I weighed it and posted that info when I went with the set up over two years ago on this forum. Maybe Ill grab a MT drag radial for the stock and put that on for the strip.
Originally Posted by ssmoked
Follow my method and you will get into 12s with ease

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...n-tonight.html
How you liking your Hellcat?

Last edited by rmsimmonsj; 11-11-17 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-11-17, 12:38 AM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is another embarrassing learning experience from that day. This run was Auto/Traction on/Sport +. Car lost traction on take off and completely cuts off power for a second or two, then kicks power back on. In the video you can hear my tires and then the car cuts out and rolls for a second or two and then takes off. Once it gains traction it accelerates very fluid and strong. I still almost caught the little VW and had a higher MPH than that car but it beat me on the ET again due to the horrible 3.xx 60ft. :/. You can also see CJ pull up behind me, getting ready to run . Video of me for laughs....

Last edited by rmsimmonsj; 11-11-17 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-11-17, 06:57 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

How you liking your Hellcat?

Compared to the RCF definitely rough and unrefined. If Chrysler spent $100 more dollars from factory , the Hellcat could been perfect...But they didn’t.

Pros: power is addicting, very impressive auto tranny in track mode (faster than any dual clutch i ever drove), very reliable remotes start, very nice factory exhaust, performance page/display are fun to play with, heat/cooled seats actually works, most importantly the lease deal i got
Flaws: door doesn’t auto lock if accidentally unlocked from key fob, windows do not auto roll down from key fob, rear windows are not auto down/up, no power passenger seat (unless special ordered as free option), bad nav and reverse camera resolution, no front parking sensor (only rear), stock tires

I took off the stock P zero and put on nitto 555r drag radials after 1500 miles...wow what a difference

How about you?
Old 11-11-17, 11:02 AM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no professional by no stretch of the imagination, I have never taken my RCF on a drag strip, but I have road raced it several times. I noticed you have the Apexi throttle controller. Not sure if you are using it on the track but I would turn it off for sure. I tried using it on a road course and boy was it unpredictable when it comes time to apply throttle in corners without wheel spin. So I imagine it would make it extremely difficult to drag race without excessive wheel spin out the whole.
Old 11-11-17, 11:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

12.5 is possible bone stock under the right conditions, altitude and strategy

The following users liked this post:
asinow (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 08:58 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats a good question!! My bad, Sport+ mode it was in . Sorry

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
How do you put the car on expert mode and the traction on?
The following users liked this post:
Slash300zx (11-12-17)
Old 11-13-17, 07:35 AM
FunRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So I've had my RCF for a little over two years and have a bunch of mods so I wanted to see what it could do. Took it to Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA on Sunday 11/5/17. Ran three times and was in the 14s each time. Horrible traction off the line. Could not launch for the life of me and spun for 3-4 seconds all through first and second until it finally took off. Had the car in expert mode using manual mode. Ran MPSS tires 295/30 20. Had the PSI @ 25lbs. Although the 1/4 mile ET was bad my mph was still solid @ 112.56mph. If I had a Drag radial or figured out how to launch without lighting up the tires im sure it would do alot better. Once it caught traction the car accelerated very well with less track to use with the bad launch. Ill try again once I get some Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. Im a rookie and the cars that beat me definitely weren't faster, just better at launching and were a quarter down the track before I left the tree haha. Here is the slip and a little video of my learning experience. You can here the tires squealing all the way through the O'reilly poster.

https://youtu.be/vASz4oPoMug
This is when I ran the 2016 bone stock Rcf on the track. I have the adjusted DA calculated drag time underneath along with the best slip of the night. It’s not bad at all for the tires that are on the car. However now that the car is supercharged, I am still trying to find the sweet spot on the track with the 18” drag radials and all.