RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What a PITA

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-17, 07:48 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What a PITA

So today, I decided to install SPC camber arms on the RCF. What started out as what I thought to be a simple install soon turned into a nightmare. I've already installed KWs coilovers several months ago so camber arms should be a snap... Yeah right. Although I started late in the afternoon, I'm now going to go on a second day of this. Everything was difficult to remove for some reason. I don't recall having this much trouble when I installed my coilovers. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow and get the alignment done as well.

​​​​​​ Negative came caused the inside of my tire to wear down like this in less than 6 months.
So before my tires get worse, I'm installing camber arms because Lexus did not feel the car needed them....or that people were not ever going to mod RCFs...Hmm.
The following 2 users liked this post by SinisteRCF:
Ne1tHeRe (10-27-17), rjmalm (10-25-17)
Old 10-26-17, 02:47 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't know why you had so much trouble, but I did the same install 2 weeks ago and it took me about 3.5 hrs to do both sides.
Old 10-26-17, 05:57 AM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Originally Posted by luislopezt
I don't know why you had so much trouble, but I did the same install 2 weeks ago and it took me about 3.5 hrs to do both sides.
Trying to get to the rear camber bolt but in order to get to it, I need to lower the control arm so I can get more clearance but the shock seems to be fixed pretty good and is not budging. What suspension set up do you have? Did you have any issues dropping the control arm? I'll get it done by I'm not thinking it's going to be with 3.5 hours like it was for you.
Old 10-26-17, 06:53 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the JIC coilovers, and did not have to lower the control arm for it. are the KW true coilovers on the rear, or are they separate as the oem system? I just removed the 2 bolts give it a little tap upward and it came out.
Old 10-26-17, 08:10 AM
WolfManRCF
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Curious Sinister, how much of a drop do you have with the KW coilovers?

My car came with RSR lowering springs, 1 in at back and 1.3 in the front. I haven't yet noticed significant wear on the inside of the rears after about 20 K miles, even though I do believe it now has a little more negative camber than stock.

wolfman
Old 10-26-17, 01:47 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Originally Posted by luislopezt
I have the JIC coilovers, and did not have to lower the control arm for it. are the KW true coilovers on the rear, or are they separate as the oem system? I just removed the 2 bolts give it a little tap upward and it came out.
They are separate oem ones. That's why it was difficult for me. I had to remove the coil spring in order to be able to get to the rear camber bolt. I finished a few hours ago. I ended up buying a longer breaker bar and was able to remove those stubborn bolts and I also removed the bolt that holds the hub and the other one that holds the shock and it was actually easier too finish the job faster. Live and learn I suppose.
Old 10-26-17, 01:56 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Originally Posted by WolfManRCF

My car came with RSR lowering springs, 1 in at back and 1.3 in the front. I haven't yet noticed significant wear on the inside of the rears after about 20 K miles, even though I do believe it now has a little more negative camber than stock.

wolfman
I'm sitting at 1.25 rear and 1.5 in front but I'm also running 10 inch wide wheels in front and 12.5 in rear. Anytime you lower your car you should run a camber kit because there is no adjustment for the rear. That was my problem and they wore on the inside. I guess your drop was on the money before the problems begin otherwise you would be running into the same problem at least that what I assume would happen.
Old 10-27-17, 12:41 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Reminding me to check my treadwear on inside of my tires. Thanks and good luck!
Old 10-27-17, 02:03 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Reminding me to check my treadwear on inside of my tires. Thanks and good luck!
Glad to help
Old 10-27-17, 03:34 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Lightbulb

I concur with "Wolfman"...I put the Kaa on the "Rack" right after I dropped the Kaa...Just some insight...The OEM Spec are- 2 to -2.5 degrees from Factory and I'm sitting at -3 degrees

However...I noticed the passenger front is at -2.5 with zero adjustments...Until now with The FIGS Front Upper Control Arms...

Originally Posted by WolfManRCF

wolfman
Old 10-27-17, 07:00 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Originally Posted by 16GSF00336
I concur with "Wolfman"...I put the Kaa on the "Rack" right after I dropped the Kaa...Just some insight...The OEM Spec are- 2 to -2.5 degrees from Factory and I'm sitting at -3 degrees

However...I noticed the passenger front is at -2.5 with zero adjustments...Until now with The FIGS Front Upper Control Arms...
Yeah I'm going to have to look into that because stock they are not adjustable so right now there is negative camber and my tires are slowly wearing down on the inside.
Old 10-27-17, 07:15 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

I'm running a FIGS Essential Lowing Kit to achieve this tho...Because I'm on 305/30 tires...

Old 10-28-17, 12:00 AM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

I'm running a FIGS Essential Lowing Kit to achieve this tho...Because I'm on 305/30 tires...
Oh wow, could you post a pic so I can see how your car sits. My tire size is different than yours but I would just like to see if it would help me at all.
Old 10-28-17, 11:10 AM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Per your request...

Originally Posted by SinisteRCF
Oh wow, could you post a pic so I can see how your car sits. My tire size is different than yours but I would just like to see if it would help me at all.

Last edited by 16GSF00336; 10-28-17 at 04:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Z3NK1 (10-29-17)
Old 10-29-17, 10:01 AM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Per your request...

Very nice. Your car looks like it sits lower than mine. Car looks good too. Thanks for the info and pics.

Quick Reply: What a PITA