RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any ride quality issues with RR Racing USRS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-17, 08:50 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Any ride quality issues with RR Racing USRS

I am considering the RR Racing ultimate steering response system (USRS). http://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lower...isfxlca001.htm Anyone install on their RCF? Do you notice increased NVH? 95A durometer for the bushing seems pretty hard. Worried about impacting ride quality. Mostly be doing street driving (albeit spirited )
Old 09-22-17, 10:15 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

I've had mine installed for about 2 months now. Steering is much more responsive and hard braking car is very stable. It doesn't want to dash or pull anymore under hard braking. The Durometer hardness of the bushing reduces that flex as seen in their video. It doesn't affect the ride quality all that much because the rest of the suspension still revolves around a ton of rubber bushings.......you're only swapping one....I had it on my IS-F too for over 2 years. NVH is "oh so" slightly harsher, very negligible, but well worth the trade-off. I hope this helps! It's a very worthy inexpensive upgrade!
The following users liked this post:
konichiwa3 (09-22-17)
Old 09-22-17, 10:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^^As said, NVH is a bit harsher, but the handling improvements far outweigh the slightly harsher ride. I wouldn't be be without 'em

Lou
konichiwa3 (09-22-17)
Old 09-23-17, 12:48 AM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I've had mine in for about a year now, no alteration to ride quality although handling became much better, especially on crowned roads and well-traveled lanes. It's not particularly noisier either, although the bushings will become fairly talkative when turned fully to lock left/right.

Probably the biggest, most convincing difference is getting more than 6K out of front tires. Changing tires and oil was getting old.
konichiwa3 (09-23-17)
Old 09-23-17, 06:52 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Sorry. What is NVH?
Old 09-23-17, 08:17 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
Sorry. What is NVH?
Noise, Vibration, Harshness.
Old 09-23-17, 09:25 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
Sorry. What is NVH?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise,..._and_harshness

Lou
Old 09-25-17, 02:27 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Put them in 1 month ago very small ripples and can be felt, but the steering response has been tightened up, brakes very straight, big bumps = no wander. Very easy to put in on jack stands ( hey Lou ) if you don't like them you can sell them very quick, no brainer cheers.
konichiwa3 (09-25-17)
Old 03-31-21, 06:57 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts

I'm on the fence between the their street racing version:
Lexus Lower Control Arm (LCA) Bushing (rr-racing.com)

Or possibly their original even though I think the original is going to be too much for me.

I am also looking at Fig's: This is designed differently so that bushing does deflect and move unlike the RR racing one that there is zero movement.
2006+ IS/GS RC RC-F Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 Polyurethane Bushing 90 HIGH PERFORMANCE INSTALLED IN BRACKET (shopfigs.com)

I know we have F cars but I want to make sure and keep comfort and the "Lexus" feel. I went too nuts with my STi and replaced everything with poly bushings and suspension pieces and it's just too harsh of a ride on the street. Extremely planted and awesome feeling but after some time your body hurts... I don't want that at all with the Lexus. I have not seen any reviews on the street version of RR racings USRS system though..

-Nigel
Old 03-31-21, 07:31 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
I'm on the fence between the their street racing version:

Or possibly their original even though I think the original is going to be too much for me.

I am also looking at Fig's: This is designed differently so that bushing does deflect and move unlike the RR racing one that there is zero movement.
2006+ IS/GS RC RC-F Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 Polyurethane Bushing 90 HIGH PERFORMANCE INSTALLED IN BRACKET (shopfigs.com)

I know we have F cars but I want to make sure and keep comfort and the "Lexus" feel. I went too nuts with my STi and replaced everything with poly bushings and suspension pieces and it's just too harsh of a ride on the street. Extremely planted and awesome feeling but after some time your body hurts... I don't want that at all with the Lexus. I have not seen any reviews on the street version of RR racings USRS system though..

-Nigel
street version is great! Ride doesn't change. the steering response does. I find ride quality is all about your coil setup . I say go for it. I have a gently used set avail able,, if you want, as I upgraded to track version along with the rr coils. Pm me or hit me up in the Lexus RC F Owners fb group
Kramer (04-01-21)
Old 07-09-21, 12:42 PM
drutyper
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Im debating between the two LCA track edition and the LCA road&track edition. What are the noticeable differences between the two? Is the extra cost of the Track edition worth it?
Old 07-09-21, 01:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by drutyper
Im debating between the two LCA track edition and the LCA road&track edition. What are the noticeable differences between the two? Is the extra cost of the Track edition worth it?
The track version is stiffer with spherical rings so it is as solid as it can get. It will give you a very stiff and immediate sharp response on the front end. However, it will compromised on the streets as you will feel a lot more NVH. Also, longer term you will have to grease it again otherwise, squeaking is a probability. The street version is a bit softer, but still stiffer than OEM bushing. It strikes a balance between spirited/track driving and streetability. If you take it to the track a lot then track version is the better choice, but if you are going to drive primarily on the streets with some occasional track driving then the road and track version is better.
Yri (07-09-21)
Old 07-12-21, 07:35 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts

I never updated with what I bought back in March when I posted in this thread asking questions. From everything I gathered and all the reviews, I went with Figs 90 Dur poly bushing. Seems to be the best in terms of almost no NVH and for a car that isn't going to see the track EVER, I wanted to keep the comfort and also address the inner tire wear that people have. I've read zero complaints with Figs.

I was planning on installing them when I got my exhaust but that's been pushed back for several months again so I will probably just get the car on my lift and install them here in a weekend or two. Install looks super easy, and then I'll just drive it to the dealer and get an alignment. I believe the key for when one installs the bushings is to make sure they make the toe 0. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Thanks,
-Nigel