RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Twin Supercharged RCF

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-17, 12:28 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Twin Supercharged RCF

I guess i missed the video of this one with twin superchargers. I've seen the single HKS version and RR Racing version looks much better and is actual out and installed in multiple ISF's and the test RCF right now. I really want more people to crack the ecu so that more high hp builds can happen on this platform.

Old 03-26-17, 01:52 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Sounds like a sick animal with a bad case of the CRUP! It also sounds like when you give it gas it has a Big hesitation
Old 03-26-17, 04:19 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I really wish they would release all the information on this car... interesting to say the least.
Old 03-26-17, 04:46 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

It would be nice. But no one is going to release it unless they can capitalize greatly from it
Old 03-26-17, 06:10 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

lol and again no dyno numbers...
Old 03-27-17, 05:33 AM
siredward
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Discussed here also:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-start-up.html
Old 03-29-17, 08:37 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kitabel
Still no word on why 2 are being used, except of course that you get to say "TWIN"!
As you see, the packaging is very clumsy, with nearly 2 of everything (except the hot air intake). Obviously, some of that is just how the car was designed with little available space. By comparison, an L6 always has plenty of room, hence the popularity of 2JZ. The older SC, LS, etc. engine bay was sized for the width of a V8 (2 banks of cylinders + 2 exhaust manifolds) and the length of an L6 (not quite 50% longer than a V8). RWD cars only designed for V8 and V6 always have space problems.
Perhaps the manufacturer doesn't make one large enough for a V8?
The ATI "F" series Pro-Chargers provide 1,000 HP and are suitable for engines as small as 300 original HP. The 9" diameter head unit is larger than shown, but the drive system will be similar and the plumbing less complex.
An F series blower on a car like this would be pretty lame to be honest. They typically don't really shine until you hit the 800+hp area and thats with the smaller F1A. The other thing to consider too with the larger F series blowers is the stress put onto the crankshaft, many of the larger F series prochargers and Ysi (and larger) Vortech superchargers is they put alot of load on the crankshaft at the 1000+ hp area. This can cause the snout on the crankshaft typically to snap off right at or behind the front main bearing.

Something along the lines of a D1SC would be ideal for the F platform and allow for up to around 800hp if spun to it's max RPM. I'd really like to get one on our ISF and see what it can do.

While the twin idea is cool, it's extremely impractical for actual racing use.
Old 03-29-17, 05:45 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
An F series blower on a car like this would be pretty lame to be honest. They typically don't really shine until you hit the 800+hp area and thats with the smaller F1A. The other thing to consider too with the larger F series blowers is the stress put onto the crankshaft, many of the larger F series prochargers and Ysi (and larger) Vortech superchargers is they put alot of load on the crankshaft at the 1000+ hp area. This can cause the snout on the crankshaft typically to snap off right at or behind the front main bearing.

Something along the lines of a D1SC would be ideal for the F platform and allow for up to around 800hp if spun to it's max RPM. I'd really like to get one on our ISF and see what it can do.

While the twin idea is cool, it's extremely impractical for actual racing use.
Sikky, sounds like that would be a cool project. Any plans on turning that into fruition?
Old 03-29-17, 05:53 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

reminds me of the old windows pipe screen saver:

The following users liked this post:
finny76 (03-29-17)
Old 03-30-17, 06:15 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Sikky, sounds like that would be a cool project. Any plans on turning that into fruition?
While we haven't hammered down a specific plan for our ISF, this is definitely on the table.