RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Rear Lower control arm bushing replaceable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-17, 06:39 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Rear Lower control arm bushing replaceable?

does anyone know if the bushing in the lower control arm in the back spring bucket can be replaced by itself instead of buying the whole arm? looking at factory diagram , looks like the bushing is only sold with the control arm? Lobuxracer, any input?

i circled the bushing in NEON GREEN.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3852/3...ac26db74_z.jpg

here is the rear rc-f diagram , #14

Old 03-13-17, 01:07 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but Mike Figaro from Figs could probably give you the best answer. I know he uses bushings from the same company that makes Whiteline bushings.....super high quality and they make bushings for most higher end performance cars. Curious as to why you need one...are you getting abnormal wear? I don't remember your car running a crazy camber setup.
Old 03-13-17, 01:20 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I'm sure you've already thought of this, but Mike Figaro from Figs could probably give you the best answer. I know he uses bushings from the same company that makes Whiteline bushings.....super high quality and they make bushings for most higher end performance cars. Curious as to why you need one...are you getting abnormal wear? I don't remember your car running a crazy camber setup.
thanks, i ordered a complete new lower control arm today from the dealership.

so when i did my coilovers, i noticed a lot of play on one side but the other side was perfect. when jacking up the control arm (with a towel underneath of course), it did not jack up more evenly like the other side with no play. also i saw that one of the bushing rubber was pulled back slightly showing the metal core. i took it off the control arm entirely and pulled but rubber boot over the bushing but still feels very loose when jacking up. Of course both sides, I've always loosened that bolt so I'm not messing up the bushing but i suspect this bushing is bad so that sucks. it might have to do when i had the first coilover adjustable springs too high and jacked up the control arm and it was too much pressure unevenly and killed the bushing. i bought another end link as well and that was an expensive end link for our rears. its adjustable through factory.

pricey oem parts but i want my car perfect. it doesn't seem affect anything ride quality or camber but i have OCD and i ordered it ASAP . i need to buy some camber arms next and a few other suspension goodies to make sure the car feels nice and tight. thank you.
Old 03-14-17, 08:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

The bushings are all NO1 which means not available separately unless you buy polyurethane bushings from Figs (or another SuperPro bushing dealer, but as far as I can tell, Figs is the only stocking dealer in the US for Lexus bushings.) This doesn't surprise me at all. Just another piece of the mandated reduced parts count on new models.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 03-14-17 at 08:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ISFPOWER (03-14-17)