RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

am I missing something? can't do a power braking burnout

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-16, 12:24 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
as stated in post #2, I have done this.

still get the error on the dash and the throttle is cut, car will not allow brake and accelerator to be pressed simultaneously.

Confirmed this, I tried it just now and I just wasted probably half of the life of my Cup 2's!<br/>
Old 04-16-16, 01:34 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71

Confirmed this, I tried it just now and I just wasted probably half of the life of my Cup 2's!<br/>
You did a burnout and didn't bother to record?! Ban!!!!
Old 04-16-16, 01:53 PM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by ssmoked
You did a burnout and didn't bother to record?! Ban!!!!
I know right!. It was unplanned and one of those things you do and wished you had it on video right after it was all done
Old 04-16-16, 03:21 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
WTF?!? Are you serious? Sluggish? It probably got to 40-50mph 2 secs before your IS. Please don't make these comments on this forum, that's just looney. Maybe on your IS forum this flies...
It feels sluggish to me for what it is... 467hp should feel faster... Don't get me wrong the car is fast and I do love it but I honestly expected more for the power the car makes and I know it has something to do with all the safety systems holding it back, or maybe it's the weight... it's like it is fast but it won't let you feel it! And by the way I never said the IS350 was faster at all

Originally Posted by AussieISF
You have to remember what Yaguchi, the chief engineer, designed this car for. He wanted a car that any driver, of any skill level, will be able to drive quick(ly), relative to their skill level. This is why we have a tiered traction control system. This is why in sports s mode, the car doesn't allow any wheel slippage but in sports s+ you have to do a little bit of opposite lock, in expert mode you can drift up to 30 degrees and then you have everything off for the true experts out there.

It's a system where the car grows with you according to what you are capable of. So if you step into the car for the first time and drive it in normal mode, you'll find it very safe, very comfortable and easy to drive. Because it was designed that way. You need to step up to the sports s+/expert modes to really get the true feel of the vehicle, particularly if you have the skill level to match.

When I'm on a winding mountain road, I put the car in sports s mode (not even s+), slalom and I still have a hoot. I know my skill level isn't quite there yet, if the car starts to oversteer I may not catch it in time so I leave the nannies on. Maybe one day I'll have the training and guts to go full Initial D. In the meantime, self-preservation kicks in way before the tyres start to give way.
I know this but I still feel like they went a bit too far with the restriction. I feel like the traction control kicks in way before it should and it slows down the car too soon, it doesn't even let the car come close to breaking the tires loose (it's a good thing so you don't loose control but takes away performance and fun from the car), on both my IS350 and GS350 as soon as the tires start to loose grip is when the traction control kicks in. When I drove the RC-F, I couldn't even make the tires chirp at all even at WOT but again, I didn't get into the "expert" mode and it was a brand new car with brand new tires etc etc... I still love the car and I'm still going to get it when I trade in my IS as I want a nice fast car with luxury for my daily driver.

Originally Posted by ISF001
Sluggish? The car's a rocket. The carbon TVD will easily deliver a 4.3 0-60 or better in the hands of a competent driver.

Civic and RC F--seriously--they do not belong in the same sentence.
The civic comment was a joke c'mon now..... the car is very fast but I wouldn't say it's a rocket.
Old 04-16-16, 05:09 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The TVD will run a 4.2-4.3, hit 177 mph in around 38 seconds--enough of a rocket for 99 percent of the drivers and more than most will ever experience. In the hands of a capable driver, the car is a precise weapon.

The V8--a world-class masterpiece of engineering. Yes, it is not a Bugatti Veyron.

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
It feels sluggish to me for what it is... 467hp should feel faster... Don't get me wrong the car is fast and I do love it but I honestly expected more for the power the car makes and I know it has something to do with all the safety systems holding it back, or maybe it's the weight... it's like it is fast but it won't let you feel it! And by the way I never said the IS350 was faster at all

I know this but I still feel like they went a bit too far with the restriction. I feel like the traction control kicks in way before it should and it slows down the car too soon, it doesn't even let the car come close to breaking the tires loose (it's a good thing so you don't loose control but takes away performance and fun from the car), on both my IS350 and GS350 as soon as the tires start to loose grip is when the traction control kicks in. When I drove the RC-F, I couldn't even make the tires chirp at all even at WOT but again, I didn't get into the "expert" mode and it was a brand new car with brand new tires etc etc... I still love the car and I'm still going to get it when I trade in my IS as I want a nice fast car with luxury for my daily driver.

The civic comment was a joke c'mon now..... the car is very fast but I wouldn't say it's a rocket.

Last edited by ISF001; 04-16-16 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-16-16, 06:04 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71

Confirmed this, I tried it just now and I just wasted probably half of the life of my Cup 2's!

I don't have TVD, I wonder if that makes a difference.
Old 04-16-16, 06:08 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
The TVD will run a 4.2-4.3, hit 177 mph in around 38 seconds--enough of a rocket for 99 percent of the drivers and more than most will ever experience. In the hands of a capable driver, the car is a precise weapon.

The V8--a world-class masterpiece of engineering. Yes, it is not a Bugatti Veyron.

Testing the new Lexus RC F with RingTaxi.de - YouTube
Well I can't call it a rocket 'cause I also drive a 500+rwhp 300zx Twin Turbo which is much faster, so I'm with that 1% of drivers. Cars like the Veyron and the Porsche 911 Turbo S is what I would consider rockets but the RC-F is still a very fast car, specially with all the luxury and comfort it has which is why I like it
Old 04-16-16, 06:52 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't have TVD, I wonder if that makes a difference.
I don't have it either but it works for me. Put it into park, switch to sport +, press and hold the trac off button for 3-4 second, it should show on your dashboard trac off + car with squiggly lines off and expert mode NOT showing, put it into M1 with your foot on the brake, not too hard and not too soft on the brake and then ease into the throttle, you should be able to do a burnout. I was able to do this at the drag strip today in the water box and no lockout with 1st gear!

Last edited by RCFormante; 04-16-16 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-16-16, 07:01 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Well I can't call it a rocket 'cause I also drive a 500+rwhp 300zx Twin Turbo which is much faster, so I'm with that 1% of drivers. Cars like the Veyron and the Porsche 911 Turbo S is what I would consider rockets but the RC-F is still a very fast car, specially with all the luxury and comfort it has which is why I like it
The reason it doesn't feel fast to you, it's because the interior of the car is very quiet and the car is very rigid, due to the frankenstein nature of the car. When you are going like 70 MPH, it feels like you are going 30 MPH. When the performance mods starts to come in, you get to feel the performance through the sound.
Old 04-16-16, 07:37 PM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by RCF500
The reason it doesn't feel fast to you, it's because the interior of the car is very quiet and the car is very rigid, due to the frankenstein nature of the car. When you are going like 70 MPH, it feels like you are going 30 MPH. When the performance mods starts to come in, you get to feel the performance through the sound.
I couldn't agree more, a lot of times I'm cruising and don't realize I'm going 80-90, because it feels like I'm going much slower than that.
And yeah, to the person saying it's sluggish, I also have an 800+ rwhp supra (watch below) which is not slow by any means, the RCF is a rocket to me

Last edited by JT2MA71; 04-17-16 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-09-17, 10:14 AM
5280Fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So any resolution to this question? I have a 2016 GS F. Tried everything to burnout and couldn't do it. Expert mode/manual/Sport +, straight up brake and gas. Nothing works.
Old 08-09-17, 06:58 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 5280Fsport
So any resolution to this question? I have a 2016 GS F. Tried everything to burnout and couldn't do it. Expert mode/manual/Sport +, straight up brake and gas. Nothing works.
You have to pedal dance, then feather the brake pedal. The front brakes can and will hold the car still for a burnout with a feather touch of the brakes, assuming you don't go over 15% input.
Old 08-09-17, 09:51 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

yup,
the trick appears to be the sequence in which you put the car into the right mode.

first put the car into manual, then turn to sport+, then press and hold traction control, don't go into expert, go past expert into all off mode.
Old 08-11-17, 08:31 PM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

go past expert into all off mode.
In which the traction control light comes on but then goes off again? And thats it?
Old 08-11-17, 09:44 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
I think this is part of it & to me it's because it doesn't have the Torque! I think it's pretty close to the same speed as my 00' Viper but it doesn't seem like it because the RCF is sneaky fast as where the Viper is a violent fast if that makes any sense. The torque of the Viper makes it seem so much faster, but they are like night & day to drive. You can drive the RCF with one hand & one eye closed, but with the Viper you'd better have BOTH hands & both eyes on the road just to control it. The RCF is a lot like my 911, it's so easy to control but it's a lot quicker than you think it is. By the way, I've NEVER understood Why anybody would want to just sat there & Burn up their tires, is it a male macho thing?

Quick Reply: am I missing something? can't do a power braking burnout