RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

New owner here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 07:38 PM
kammrk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner here!

Just drove it home today sorry no pics yet, ultra white RCF, really used with only 6K miles on her.
I plan on PPE headers, MUSA-MEISTERCHAFT exhaust & Lexon front spoiler with really nice
Infinetewirks wheels in the coming months. I'm in Jacksonville Fl. if there are any group get togethers in the area, question for those that have had headers installed, was it relatively routine or did the engine need to be lifted/removed for the install? thanks to all that respond.
Old 04-05-16, 07:47 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Congratulations! Let's see some pics soon!
Old 04-05-16, 08:24 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats. Start a build thread and happy modding.
Old 04-06-16, 03:00 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Engine has to be lifted for headers. It's about 8-9hr job.
Old 04-06-16, 08:54 AM
estoyf
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greetings from another jacksonville rcf owner! Where did you purchase yours from? I haven't seen another rcf on the road.
Old 04-06-16, 10:01 AM
yv250
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the family. Post up some pictures of the new toy. Also zydan a member here might still have the gt haus exhaust off his RCF still for sale. Try to get in touch with him. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/1ge...haus-rc-f.html
Old 04-06-16, 07:32 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Engine has to be lifted for headers. It's about 8-9hr job.
WOW, i never knew this anyway, Kam Congrats on your New Used Ride & like others said post pics when you get a chance
Old 04-07-16, 06:29 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I've bought all our Lexus's at Brumos. They do a good job. They delivered my RCF to me about 4 hours away. I get over there to that area every few months to meet up with some Russian clients, maybe we could all meet up for some grub. Think I'm headed that way middle of May for 3 days. I was going to go with the SIKKY headers due to the higher HP gains over the PPE's...then I rode in another RCF with headers on it....the gas smell was killing it for me.
Old 04-07-16, 06:57 AM
GGawaran
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations
Old 04-07-16, 07:38 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats! If it wasn't for USB, i'd probably would have gone white!
Old 04-07-16, 03:48 PM
kammrk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for the information, the engine needs to be lifted? is that a major deal? will this breach the factory warranty? Anybody with headers can advise does the headers give off a gas/exhaust smell in the cab also does the application of the headers make a really higher pitch inside the cab. I bought the car in Orlando hope to start most of the modding by June will take the car to "Stage 6" performance in Jacksonville, going with the SS2 Infinitewirks 19X9 & 19X10 wheels, the Lexon front spoiler states could take up to 8-12 weeks for delivery from Japan. Any other H.P. gains you guys are doing to this car can advise of thanks.
Old 04-09-16, 06:08 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

You're going to smell gas with headers for the RCF with the windows down and your either at a red light or in heavy traffic. You'll also throw a CEL (check engine light) every 50-200 miles....I passed until they can get the O2 sensors right. It's going to sound like a beast with just the exhaust. Just trying to save you the hassle
Old 04-10-16, 05:57 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I wonder if the gas smell comes from all the "vents" to keep the engine cool. Especially the hood scoop where the hot engine bay heat comes out on top and goes over the windshiel?

Originally Posted by Carnevino
You're going to smell gas with headers for the RCF with the windows down and your either at a red light or in heavy traffic. You'll also throw a CEL (check engine light) every 50-200 miles....I passed until they can get the O2 sensors right. It's going to sound like a beast with just the exhaust. Just trying to save you the hassle
Old 04-10-16, 06:10 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Congrats. I got an ultra white F on Halloween last year also at a majob SiCal Lexus dealer. It had like 2xxx miles on it. I shipped it to MS where I fly in to work. Cruising around in the MS area, I have only seen one other RC-F, my friend's USB RC-F. Definitely rare in MS. People drive up to my car to get a good look and then gives the thumb up and back off and continue to follow me.

The LEO friends I work with all wanted to race me in their Charger cruisers. I joked with them to make sure they do not make any sudden turns, especially in the twisties. Chargers do not do well in turns at high speeds.

Enjoy the RC-F.

Originally Posted by kammrk
Just drove it home today sorry no pics yet, ultra white RCF, really used with only 6K miles on her.
I plan on PPE headers, MUSA-MEISTERCHAFT exhaust & Lexon front spoiler with really nice
Infinetewirks wheels in the coming months. I'm in Jacksonville Fl. if there are any group get togethers in the area, question for those that have had headers installed, was it relatively routine or did the engine need to be lifted/removed for the install? thanks to all that respond.
Old 04-10-16, 04:42 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

CONGRATS & Welcome to the RCF Family

Quick Reply: New owner here!