RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Serveral questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-15, 10:50 AM
Narwhal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serveral questions

Hello, new to the RC-F and is now a new option to my car choice, either the RC-F or the BMW M4. So I had 2 questions.

1. Any news on the next model/generation of the RC-F with weight reduction?
2. How is the modding community and websites for the RC-F? For BMW you have http://ind-distribution.com/ , https://europeanautosource.com/ and others.

Thank you very much!

IMO, the RC-F would be the better choice for the DD and living with it, more reliable and all. So actually if there is any mods that I could do for the RC-F that brings it closer to the M4 performance that would be great.

Last edited by Narwhal; 11-04-15 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-04-15, 11:00 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome!

1. I don't believe that (at least the 2016 model) will have any significant weight loss if any.

2. The BMW community has a few more options through the aftermarket world but mainly because the RC model is so new. With that being said, there are more and more options becoming available for us and I think that SEMA this year will bring even more attention to the RC platform.

As far as DD'ing the car, there is nothing wrong with daily driving an M4 but I think you'll find the RCF a little more comforting.
Old 11-04-15, 11:04 AM
Narwhal
Driver School Candidate

Thank you!

Originally Posted by FR500GT
1. I don't believe that (at least the 2016 model) will have any significant weight loss if any.
Yeah, to soon...

Welcome!
As far as DD'ing the car, there is nothing wrong with daily driving an M4 but I think you'll find the RCF a little more comforting.
Yes indeed, but the RC-F is just a better all round choice if you use the car a lot. More reliable, more comfort. Only thing I really don't like about it is the rear seats don't fold like the M4, only pass through.
Old 11-04-15, 11:05 AM
Narwhal
Driver School Candidate

he BMW community has a few more options through the aftermarket world but mainly because the RC model is so new. With that being said, there are more and more options becoming available for us and I think that SEMA this year will bring even more attention to the RC platform.
May I add, what about wheel spacers? Or other simple mods like springs, cosmetic parts. Carbon fibre exterior parts...
Old 11-04-15, 12:16 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

For what it's worth, the 2016 only seems to have different tips. Heard something about a minor change in the engine department, but have no idea if true, or what it is. Bottom line is you'd probably be much better off with thousands off MSRP than a new one at close to MSRP. Good luck.
Old 11-04-15, 12:44 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Narwhal
May I add, what about wheel spacers? Or other simple mods like springs, cosmetic parts. Carbon fibre exterior parts...
Wheel spacers and springs are easy and available. Haha that was actually the first thing I did to my RC when I got it! I have also seen quite a few RCF owners starting to receive their new carbon fiber pieces as well as other exterior parts.
Old 11-04-15, 01:09 PM
Narwhal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
For what it's worth, the 2016 only seems to have different tips. Heard something about a minor change in the engine department, but have no idea if true, or what it is. Bottom line is you'd probably be much better off with thousands off MSRP than a new one at close to MSRP. Good luck.
Anyways, I intend to buy new in somewhere in the upcoming years, so I will see the improovments then.
Old 11-04-15, 06:03 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Narwhal
I intend to buy new in somewhere in the upcoming years
YearS, as in plural? Then you're wasting your time buddy. Start researching when ready to pulling the trigger. Heck, the car might have changed, or not be available by then. Or you be alive (I might not either). But the current RC-F should be fully sorted by 2016. Good luck.
Old 11-06-15, 03:59 AM
Narwhal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
YearS, as in plural? Then you're wasting your time buddy. Start researching when ready to pulling the trigger. Heck, the car might have changed, or not be available by then. Or you be alive (I might not either). But the current RC-F should be fully sorted by 2016. Good luck.
Well I meant, 1 to 3 years. I like to plan and see what there is in advance. I know tihngs will change, but usually when they do, it's for the better.