RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Seibon CF Hood

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-17, 09:22 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Seibon CF Hood

So I contacted Seibon about Carbon Fiber hoods for the RC350 after they released pictures of the new hoods for the RCF. They said that they would be up on the website after the SEMA show, the RCF ones showed up on their website but I did not see anything about the RC350 hoods. I contacted them again about it and they are saying that the RCF hoods fit the RC350. From what I have read in the past about people trying to put RCF hoods on RC350's (because of the hood scoop) they have not fit. can anyone confirm this?

Link to the hood from Seibon: http://seiboncarbon.com/products/bt-...exus-rc-f.html
Old 12-24-17, 08:30 PM
poiman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by forcaport7
So I contacted Seibon about Carbon Fiber hoods for the RC350 after they released pictures of the new hoods for the RCF. They said that they would be up on the website after the SEMA show, the RCF ones showed up on their website but I did not see anything about the RC350 hoods. I contacted them again about it and they are saying that the RCF hoods fit the RC350. From what I have read in the past about people trying to put RCF hoods on RC350's (because of the hood scoop) they have not fit. can anyone confirm this?

Link to the hood from Seibon: http://seiboncarbon.com/products/bt-...exus-rc-f.html
They wont fit. Search RC F Front and RC350 Front in google and you'll be able to see what I mean.
Old 01-10-18, 12:42 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

The RCF hood does not fit the RC350. The headlights and fender do not line up the same way between the cars. You should request the the manufacturer create a new one for RC350, I would love a RCF style hood for my 350.
Old 01-12-18, 10:54 AM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I am doing R&D for Seibon right not. I can guarantee the hood fits because they test fitted the prototype on to my car last week.=) It looks very menacing on our cars. I'm also working very close with them to develop a Carbon trunk, and Carbon trunk with a Ducktale spoiler just like the Lexus SEMA IS 200t.
Old 01-12-18, 10:58 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Originally Posted by JSean21
I am doing R&D for Seibon right not. I can guarantee the hood fits because they test fitted the prototype on to my car last week.=) It looks very menacing on our cars. I'm also working very close with them to develop a Carbon trunk, and Carbon trunk with a Ducktale spoiler just like the Lexus SEMA IS 200t.
I messaged seibon to clarify and they said it does not fit. They double checked with their R&D department as well. I also checked with Lexus to see if it’s even possible to have it fit. They said no as well.
Old 01-12-18, 11:39 AM
JSean21
Pit Crew

I messaged seibon to clarify and they said it does not fit. They double checked with their R&D department as well. I also checked with Lexus to see if it’s even possible to have it fit. They said no as well.
I don't know what to tell you because we put the prototype on to my car last week and it fit no problem. Seibon is a trusted company that wouldn't screw anyone over. I guess you'll have to wait 4-6 more months when the final production comes out with the Carbon trunk.
Old 01-12-18, 11:44 AM
forcaport7
Driver

I don't know what to tell you because we put the prototype on to my car last week and it fit no problem. Seibon is a trusted company that wouldn't screw anyone over. I guess you'll have to wait 4-6 more months when the final production comes out with the Carbon trunk.
Can you post some pictures if possible? And yes I know they are a trusted company, just wanted to clarify that they have said no. Would have been nice if they had mentioned test fitting it on a 350.

Old 01-12-18, 12:06 PM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Can you post some pictures if possible? And yes I know they are a trusted company, just wanted to clarify that they have said no. Would have been nice if they had mentioned test fitting it on a 350.

I'm not allowed to post pictures until the final production model is out in a few months. But I was just there last Thursday test fitting the hood and I can re-assure you it does fit. This may be a new one they adjusted, I don't know but it does fit for sure. I'm very particular about my aftermarket products that go onto my car and there were no gaps that I saw while inspection it. The Hood does look sick though and can't wait for it to reach production for all RC owners.
Old 01-12-18, 12:10 PM
forcaport7
Driver

I'm not allowed to post pictures until the final production model is out in a few months. But I was just there last Thursday test fitting the hood and I can re-assure you it does fit. This may be a new one they adjusted, I don't know but it does fit for sure. I'm very particular about my aftermarket products that go onto my car and there were no gaps that I saw while inspection it. The Hood does look sick though and can't wait for it to reach production for all RC owners.
Awesome, guess they have modified it or made a new one for the 350's. not the waiting game begins lol.
Old 01-12-18, 12:12 PM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Awesome, guess they have modified it or made a new one for the 350's. not the waiting game begins lol.
agreed, I can't wait to get mine as well. The trunk is going to look *****in' as well.
Old 01-13-18, 08:05 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

JSEAN: Come on! It can't possibly be both at the same time. Surely it is either "*****in' or it is sick. Be honest, now.
Old 01-13-18, 10:36 AM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tfischer
JSEAN: Come on! It can't possibly be both at the same time. Surely it is either "*****in' or it is sick. Be honest, now.
D. All of the above
Old 01-26-18, 12:20 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I was at the Lexus dealership today and took a look at an RCF vs. my RC350. No, the hoods are not the same. The portion near the windshield come up more on the RCF, and the grill comes up higher as well.

Old 01-26-18, 02:30 PM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

Nice photos. We can clearly see that the gap line from the headlights to the grille and the gap line at the windshield are quite different on these cars. This surprises me, as I would think it would have been more efficient to have the grille and hood pieces the same. At least everything forward of the doors is a different piece on the two models.