RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Brake pedal and shifter problem

Old 09-07-16, 01:06 AM
SmilerG72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pedal and shifter problem

Hi All

just taken delivery of my first Lexus, an RC 350F Sport V6. I'm having a problem when I depress the brake pedal. The first half inch or so makes a clunk which I feel through my shoes, feels weird. I'm also having a problem with the shifter. When I place in "P" there's a loud click from under the car. At the same time, after I let go of the shifter it jumps forward about 2-5mm.

Lexus are trying to tell me it's normal but both problems started at the same time after the first 100 miles or so. It's a brand new car and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of problem and if so, did you manage to find a cure as Lexus Middle East are struggling?

Many thanks

simon.
Old 09-07-16, 02:44 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,559 Posts

Yes! I posted about this SAME EXACT thing on my IS200t. I haven't investigated other cars at the dealer yet, but people are saying it's normal. I'm still skeptical. I have plenty of experience building and rebuilding cars and track-prepped BMWs and engines. No stranger to mechanical stuff. And to the above person on the brakes--nope. Not what we are talking about. The clunk is in the brake pedal pivot assembly itself. As if there's a loose bushing. You can actually visibly see it's loose if you wiggle by hand.

I've learned to live with it for now.
Old 09-08-16, 06:11 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

This is not normal on my 2015 unit.
Old 09-08-16, 03:29 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a problem hearing clicking noise while turning left and right at parking lot speed. Lexus clean the hub and told me to wait for the recall... But I don't have clunking sound while pressing the brake.
Old 09-10-16, 12:58 AM
SmilerG72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes and shifter problem

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful.

Ive arranged for Lexus to take the car again next week as I'm convinced it's not "NORMAL" at all. I had 100 or so miles without a hiccup and the issues developed later. Interestingly the shifter problem has improved, it's now intermittent. The brake problem however is worse. It's uncomfortable and disconcerting which means I drive everywhere like my Granny, afraid to stamp the brakes if needed!

im now also suffering with the headlights wobbling/vibrating in their mounts. You can see the line of my lights on the back of the vehicle in front as if they're shivering! I'm beginning to feel I've taken delivery of a "Friday afternoon" car!!

I'll keep you posted....