RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Issues with headlights turning off or phone connection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-15, 02:03 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Issues with headlights turning off or phone connection?

1. So my girl drives the RC daily not me. She mentioned to me that her texts don't always come through. It's pretty hit and miss. She has 2 phones actually, a note 4 and an iphone 5. They both do the same thing. She completely disconnects one at a time so as not to cause interference with eachother. Anyone have this porblem? If so any fix it recommendations?

2. She mentioned a few times now after parking her car. She locked the door and walked away. She came out later or was told by siblings her headlights were still on several minutes later. I told her she might have left a door or trunk open which in my experience with my IS would cause the lights to stay on. We have replaced lights inside the cabin for Leds. Have anyone had this problem?? Thanks for your time.
Old 08-18-15, 11:44 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
1. So my girl drives the RC daily not me. She mentioned to me that her texts don't always come through. It's pretty hit and miss. She has 2 phones actually, a note 4 and an iphone 5. They both do the same thing. She completely disconnects one at a time so as not to cause interference with eachother. Anyone have this porblem? If so any fix it recommendations?

2. She mentioned a few times now after parking her car. She locked the door and walked away. She came out later or was told by siblings her headlights were still on several minutes later. I told her she might have left a door or trunk open which in my experience with my IS would cause the lights to stay on. We have replaced lights inside the cabin for Leds. Have anyone had this problem?? Thanks for your time.
1. There are known blue tooth connectivity issues. First try to un-pair and then pair the phone to see if that helps. If not there is a software upgrade, I got it last month, for the connectivity issues, but you'll have to pester your dealer for it.

2. The headlights staying on for a predetermined amount of time after you shut the car off is user selectable in the car setup functions. You should be able to change it from there. Download the User Manual in one nice PDF from my post and look up how to change the lights.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ml#post9038055
Old 08-18-15, 12:51 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by GearHead69
1. There are known blue tooth connectivity issues. First try to un-pair and then pair the phone to see if that helps. If not there is a software upgrade, I got it last month, for the connectivity issues, but you'll have to pester your dealer for it.

2. The headlights staying on for a predetermined amount of time after you shut the car off is user selectable in the car setup functions. You should be able to change it from there. Download the User Manual in one nice PDF from my post and look up how to change the lights.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ml#post9038055
Thanks gearhead, you always know the answers. You were the one that bought those door leds I suggested right? Have you had any issues with 1 or both of them not turning on immediately when opening the door? Our RC driver side has about a 2 second delay when the door is opened. It almost seems times to when the window goes back up after opening The door. I also bought that carista obd device as suggested really cool. Unfortunately it isn't capable of changing my settings on my 11 IS.... bull.... I emailed the company and they don't know or think they'll get the software to do it. Sucks...

How would i know if our car has the software update in it for the connectivity issue? Was it really pulling teeth just to get them to update that? That's dumb
Old 08-18-15, 04:38 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Thanks gearhead, you always know the answers. You were the one that bought those door leds I suggested right? Have you had any issues with 1 or both of them not turning on immediately when opening the door? Our RC driver side has about a 2 second delay when the door is opened. It almost seems times to when the window goes back up after opening The door. I also bought that carista obd device as suggested really cool. Unfortunately it isn't capable of changing my settings on my 11 IS.... bull.... I emailed the company and they don't know or think they'll get the software to do it. Sucks...

How would i know if our car has the software update in it for the connectivity issue? Was it really pulling teeth just to get them to update that? That's dumb
No problem. Yep I'm the one that got the door LEDS like you suggested, and no issues with a delay. With regard to the Carista App, did you get the Pro version?

The software update was just got released to the area Lexus main reps. They were going to the dealers who had people that complained and got the fix early. It is supposed to be released to all the dealers by the end of September if everyone that had the fix done don't complain about more issues. Just tell your dealer about the issues and tell them you want the firmware update for the Bluetooth connectivity issues, iPod and NAV.
Old 08-18-15, 11:11 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by GearHead69
No problem. Yep I'm the one that got the door LEDS like you suggested, and no issues with a delay. With regard to the Carista App, did you get the Pro version?

The software update was just got released to the area Lexus main reps. They were going to the dealers who had people that complained and got the fix early. It is supposed to be released to all the dealers by the end of September if everyone that had the fix done don't complain about more issues. Just tell your dealer about the issues and tell them you want the firmware update for the Bluetooth connectivity issues, iPod and NAV.
Awesome thanks! It seems we've been played with bad luck with this car so far. Got the windows tinted and the morons poked a hole and scratched the top of the door panel. The shop is willing to take care of it without question but they want to have it repaired first of course because it's cheaper. I told them if it looks like crap I want a new door panel. Priced it at about $1400.

Oh and I did not get the Pro version yet since I couldn't get it to do what I wanted on my IS. But I'll keep it for her Rc
Old 08-19-15, 11:18 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Awesome thanks! It seems we've been played with bad luck with this car so far. Got the windows tinted and the morons poked a hole and scratched the top of the door panel. The shop is willing to take care of it without question but they want to have it repaired first of course because it's cheaper. I told them if it looks like crap I want a new door panel. Priced it at about $1400.

Oh and I did not get the Pro version yet since I couldn't get it to do what I wanted on my IS. But I'll keep it for her Rc
Damn that sucks that they ruined the panel. When I had mine done it was their first RC since it was so new, and I was a little nervous to say the least. I did have them do 4 other vehicles including my 65 Custom Mustang fastback, and they did an excellent job.

The Pro version will open up all those items that only a dealer can program. Here is the link to the Customization Checklist and the explanation of each option: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...lanations.html