Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Low End Improvement - 200T

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-17, 11:06 PM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Low End Improvement - 200T

Hi All,

Having lived with my 2017 IS200T for about a month now, i have noticed this sluggish response to the throttle and then a feeling of having to overcome the weight of the car as the turbo (quite lazily) spools up and pulls you away. And this happens with some inconsistency too; sometimes it pulls hard from stationary, sometimes the car decides to take its time to respond to my right foot. I am inclined to have this car tuned for a better throttle response and a stronger pull from down low.

Now, I live in Singapore (which has high humidity and temps in the mid 30s (celsius) typically) but we are blessed with 98 octane gas availability (all pumps here carry it).

I am wondering what I can do to get that low end better. Will a tune (TTI sounds good) be enough? Or will I need a downpipe and intake too?
Old 11-13-17, 02:15 AM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

HI,
If you don't wish to make modification on the car and remain stock, the TTI Stage1 is a very good option . The throttle delay disappear at 90% and in Sport mode driving is really pleasant. Of course this option is limited in power and if you wish to have real boost I think that Stage 2 /2+ will be more suitable.
Many members could give you their feeling.
Welcome on board.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pacific13:
Sheddy (11-13-17), TTITony (11-13-17)
Old 11-13-17, 06:40 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by GSiGuy
Hi All,

Having lived with my 2017 IS200T for about a month now, i have noticed this sluggish response to the throttle and then a feeling of having to overcome the weight of the car as the turbo (quite lazily) spools up and pulls you away. And this happens with some inconsistency too; sometimes it pulls hard from stationary, sometimes the car decides to take its time to respond to my right foot. I am inclined to have this car tuned for a better throttle response and a stronger pull from down low.

Now, I live in Singapore (which has high humidity and temps in the mid 30s (celsius) typically) but we are blessed with 98 octane gas availability (all pumps here carry it).

I am wondering what I can do to get that low end better. Will a tune (TTI sounds good) be enough? Or will I need a downpipe and intake too?
The TTI re-flash (Stage 1 or 2) would modify the throttle response and with the addition of the down-pipe it would help the turbo build boost quicker therefore resulting in more low end power.
The following users liked this post:
TTITony (11-13-17)
Old 11-13-17, 09:11 PM
GSiGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by Pacific13
HI,
If you don't wish to make modification on the car and remain stock, the TTI Stage1 is a very good option . The throttle delay disappear at 90% and in Sport mode driving is really pleasant. Of course this option is limited in power and if you wish to have real boost I think that Stage 2 /2+ will be more suitable.
Many members could give you their feeling.
Welcome on board.
Originally Posted by Sheddy
The TTI re-flash (Stage 1 or 2) would modify the throttle response and with the addition of the down-pipe it would help the turbo build boost quicker therefore resulting in more low end power.
Thanks for the reply, Guys! I was wondering if TTI is prepared to do a Stage 1 first and perhaps i can upgrade to Stage 2 at a later point?

To avoid warranty issues, the downpipe and intake additions will have to be removed prior to any service with the agent and i my package allows free servicing for the 1st year.
Old 11-14-17, 07:14 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by GSiGuy
Thanks for the reply, Guys! I was wondering if TTI is prepared to do a Stage 1 first and perhaps i can upgrade to Stage 2 at a later point?

To avoid warranty issues, the downpipe and intake additions will have to be removed prior to any service with the agent and i my package allows free servicing for the 1st year.
Yes, you can upgrade from a Stage 1 to Stage 2 once you install the supporting modifications such as an Intake and down pipe. On the warranty issue it all depends on your relationship with your agent, but most likely if it is a major mechanical issue then the modifications would be first to blame.
Old 11-14-17, 06:45 PM
GSiGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Yes, you can upgrade from a Stage 1 to Stage 2 once you install the supporting modifications such as an Intake and down pipe. On the warranty issue it all depends on your relationship with your agent, but most likely if it is a major mechanical issue then the modifications would be first to blame.
Thanks for the info, Sheddy!