Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My Injen Intake came in today! (Pictures, Video soon)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-17, 01:38 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wtfamaad
Hi! I just purchased the same car a few weeks ago! I've been looking into how to make the car sound deeper, and just overall, throatier. I was looking into some intakes and exhausts, but how does this affect my smog checks later down the line? I'm a complete noob, btw.

Thank you!
You should be perfectly fine.
Here's a snippet from Injen's website

6. Injen Technology submits all of our air intake systems for CARB exemption approval (California Air Resource Board). All of our air intake systems are either certified by CARB or have been submitted for CARB exemption. Considering California has some of the toughest emission laws in the country, CARB approval has been accepted as legal by other states. Each of these kits includes a high temperature decal with the CARB exempt OEO number. This decal identifies approved aftermarket add on products from non-approved products. As long as you have the approved decal you shouldn't have any problems with vehicle inspections. You can visit our Website www.injen.com and click on CARB EO listings to determine the CARB status.
More information can be viewed here
Old 07-18-17, 01:58 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Update: 3 Months in and the car is still running strong. I've removed it and placed it back in to get my car serviced and it still sounds perfect!
Boost, engine and all acting normal!
Definitely a QUALITY product.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (07-19-17)