Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My Injen Intake came in today! (Pictures, Video soon)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-17, 07:45 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default My Injen Intake came in today!Pictures+Video Inside

Hey Guys! Purchased an Injen intake last week and it came in. Shoutout to JMAutoSports!
I have a 2017 Lexus IS 200T F-Sport
Before

After

Install time for someone who has 0 EXPERIENCE under the hood, 45 minutes.
All you need is a ratchet & screwdriver.
Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by Lexus3GIST; 07-18-17 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-09-17, 03:58 PM
matttev
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got the same car as you!

How does it sound? I'm thinking about getting an exhaust and an air intake but don't want a high pitch whiny car (like a ricer). I'm looking for more of a deeper sound.

Also worried about smog tests
Old 05-09-17, 09:24 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Originally Posted by matttev
I just got the same car as you!

How does it sound? I'm thinking about getting an exhaust and an air intake but don't want a high pitch whiny car (like a ricer). I'm looking for more of a deeper sound.

Also worried about smog tests
Congratulations! The intake is a NECESSITY! Turbo blow off is so much louder. I promise TONIGHT I will upload a video of what it sounds like. Injen's intake is one of the only intakes that is compliant with smog/emission tests across all of the states I believe...or it may be 48 states because California is a stickler on that stuff
Tips to save you time from scrambling around the forum about what else your car can do that you may not know.
(and if you're worried about warranty, the intake is reversible and takes 45 minutes to install. Also worried about the $$$? They'll only charge you ~25-35$.

How to shift past redline
1.) Make sure car is NOT moving
2.) Press and hold traction control button for 10 seconds until 2 orange lights come up on. (1 on each side of dash)
3.) Traction control is now completely disabled and will not come back on automatically
4.) Put the car into sport + manual mode.
5.) Have fun! Remember, the car will no longer automatically shift when you hit redline. DON'T forget to shift!

When you go in for your first 5k mi service
You can customize a good amount of options on your car for no charge. (ex, holding unlock button opens sunroof and all windows, etc)

You can upload your own picture to have as the background of your car's bootup. See your car's settings for more information.

Download the Lexus Enform app - Your car should already have 1 year free membership to it (lets you remote start, etc) if the dealer hasn't set it up for you already. (If not, go back to the dealer!)

I def recommend these for your first cosmetic mod!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015MQOXPO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015MQOXPO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Every time you open the door, lexus logo will appear.
I have these exact ones on my car and the installation was literally 10 seconds for each light. they pop out with a screwdriver, you unplug the old light, plug in this light, and pop it back into place by hand. EASY - and it impresses every person that I ride with.

Last edited by Lexus3GIST; 05-09-17 at 11:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
matttev (05-10-17)
Old 05-10-17, 07:34 AM
matttev
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST
Congratulations! The intake is a NECESSITY! Turbo blow off is so much louder. I promise TONIGHT I will upload a video of what it sounds like. Injen's intake is one of the only intakes that is compliant with smog/emission tests across all of the states I believe...or it may be 48 states because California is a stickler on that stuff
Tips to save you time from scrambling around the forum about what else your car can do that you may not know.
(and if you're worried about warranty, the intake is reversible and takes 45 minutes to install. Also worried about the $$$? They'll only charge you ~25-35$.

How to shift past redline
1.) Make sure car is NOT moving
2.) Press and hold traction control button for 10 seconds until 2 orange lights come up on. (1 on each side of dash)
3.) Traction control is now completely disabled and will not come back on automatically
4.) Put the car into sport + manual mode.
5.) Have fun! Remember, the car will no longer automatically shift when you hit redline. DON'T forget to shift!

When you go in for your first 5k mi service
You can customize a good amount of options on your car for no charge. (ex, holding unlock button opens sunroof and all windows, etc)

You can upload your own picture to have as the background of your car's bootup. See your car's settings for more information.

Download the Lexus Enform app - Your car should already have 1 year free membership to it (lets you remote start, etc) if the dealer hasn't set it up for you already. (If not, go back to the dealer!)

I def recommend these for your first cosmetic mod!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Every time you open the door, lexus logo will appear.
I have these exact ones on my car and the installation was literally 10 seconds for each light. they pop out with a screwdriver, you unplug the old light, plug in this light, and pop it back into place by hand. EASY - and it impresses every person that I ride with.
Awesome! I do have enform set up already but I didn't know about the rest of that stuff! Thanks!
Old 05-10-17, 11:29 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

You can an intake and exhaust from us! Are you local to socal? I might have an offer for you.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-10-17, 11:33 AM
matttev
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
You can an intake and exhaust from us! Are you local to socal? I might have an offer for you.

-Josh
Depends who you ask

I live in San Luis Obispo
Old 05-10-17, 10:22 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Depends who you ask

I live in San Luis Obispo
Shoot me an email or text sir.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 05-15-17, 07:48 PM
sdqqbb
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the intake make your exhaust louder?
Old 05-15-17, 08:04 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Originally Posted by sdqqbb
Did the intake make your exhaust louder?
Not that I've noticed. I would still purchase this before you go on and make any exhaust adjustments and make your IS a semi-fart box. (jokes)
Old 05-15-17, 08:10 PM
sdqqbb
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply, maybe the intake sound so lound cover the exhuast sound. I put the ​​​​​​​invidia Q300 on and the I am not happy with the sound. Thinking about put the injen intake or a midpipe to improve the sound.
Old 05-16-17, 07:50 AM
matttev
Rookie

I'm still on the fence about this (sorry Josh, I just don't want to spend $200-300 on something I'm not sure on yet), the turbo sounds very loud. Maybe too loud for me. How does it sound in the cab? A lot louder? If I get an exhaust and an intake, I definitely want to hear the exhaust more than the turbo.

Did you have to do an ecu tune after you put your new intake on?
Old 05-16-17, 09:42 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

I'm still on the fence about this (sorry Josh, I just don't want to spend $200-300 on something I'm not sure on yet), the turbo sounds very loud. Maybe too loud for me. How does it sound in the cab? A lot louder? If I get an exhaust and an intake, I definitely want to hear the exhaust more than the turbo.

If the open filter intake system is too loud for your liking then try the HPS intake tube or the AEM system that retains the stock air box. You don't need to get the ECU tuned for the intake.

Old 05-16-17, 10:21 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Hahah no problem.

I'll let people chime in about personal experience.

No tune required.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 05-16-17, 03:51 PM
matttev
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Hahah no problem.

I'll let people chime in about personal experience.

No tune required.

-Josh
I'm definitely leaning more towards HPS right now since it's quieter!
Old 05-19-17, 10:39 AM
wtfamaad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I just purchased the same car a few weeks ago! I've been looking into how to make the car sound deeper, and just overall, throatier. I was looking into some intakes and exhausts, but how does this affect my smog checks later down the line? I'm a complete noob, btw.

Thank you!

Quick Reply: My Injen Intake came in today! (Pictures, Video soon)