Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New IS200t, not new to turbos. A few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-16, 03:09 PM
Tg22ar
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New IS200t, not new to turbos. A few questions...

Id like to add a boost gauge to monitor pressure. Any specific vacuum line or places in the firewall to run the vacuum lines? And has anyone yet installed a boost controller to turn it up a few psi? I was looking into Defi gauges due to the ease of the can bus system but would rather just install a simple, and effective gauge like I always have. What are our options for bypass valves as well? I have the Injen intake on the way and would like to get this all knocked out at once. Also, has anyone installed LEDs in the interior, having a hard time locating a guide. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-11-16, 03:28 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

As far as boost gauge. Don't know. i'm sure you can find a vacuum line somewhere to read manifold pressure. firewall, of course. every car has firewall access. thats how wires go through.

as far as increasing the boost. join the waiting list. stuff is starting to come out very slowly. mostly in japan, or mostly unknown. Burger motorsports (master BMW tuner) is working on a piggy back tune. Unknown when it will be released.

As far as LEDs, see my signature.

Always search. Forum has a search function. Think of it like Google.

Good luck and welcome!!
Old 11-11-16, 03:35 PM
Tg22ar
Driver School Candidate

E46CT, thanks for the input. I've installed boost gauges in the past but not for years. And it's not as simple as putting in a boost controller anymore huh? Lol. I guess we'll have to wait.they better have something for us by next spring.
Old 11-12-16, 11:11 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

yeah i'm not totally sure about the boost controller.. i mean in a way yes. most of what a piggy back tune does depending on "stage" is read the manifold pressure and report a false (slightly lower one) back to the car's DME. The car thinks its not boosting as high as it should and compensates for this. Probably by controlling the waste gate, keeping it closer more/longer until the car sees the boost target it wants. The car should compensate w/ extra fuel, etc. However timing is not usually optimized with a piggy back. Burger makes a really cheap and simple "digital boost controller" for the BMWs and I asked him about it and he said he will make one for our cars in the future. It will cost around $200. But the fancier box that tunes more parameters is probably the one to wait for.

I'm pretty sure this engine with good tuning can make well over 500 hp to the wheels... but personally i wouldnt want to go that high. I'd be happy with 300-350 =)

As it sits, our cars make around 200 whp 225 wtq stock. with the box we are probably looking around 230whp 260wtq.
Old 11-14-16, 09:55 PM
UngBuck
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
yeah i'm not totally sure about the boost controller.. i mean in a way yes. most of what a piggy back tune does depending on "stage" is read the manifold pressure and report a false (slightly lower one) back to the car's DME. The car thinks its not boosting as high as it should and compensates for this. Probably by controlling the waste gate, keeping it closer more/longer until the car sees the boost target it wants. The car should compensate w/ extra fuel, etc. However timing is not usually optimized with a piggy back. Burger makes a really cheap and simple "digital boost controller" for the BMWs and I asked him about it and he said he will make one for our cars in the future. It will cost around $200. But the fancier box that tunes more parameters is probably the one to wait for.

I'm pretty sure this engine with good tuning can make well over 500 hp to the wheels... but personally i wouldnt want to go that high. I'd be happy with 300-350 =)

As it sits, our cars make around 200 whp 225 wtq stock. with the box we are probably looking around 230whp 260wtq.
really? 500hp? i doubt it can reach that far without replacing the turbo. but still.. it's only inline 4(v4). correct me if i'm wrong. 500hp from is200t sounds ridiculous.
Old 11-15-16, 10:23 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UngBuck
really? 500hp? i doubt it can reach that far without replacing the turbo. but still.. it's only inline 4(v4). correct me if i'm wrong. 500hp from is200t sounds ridiculous.
chevy 2.0 turbo from the cobalt makes over 600hp on stock parts. similar bore stroke, displacement, turbo etc. Lots of 2.0 turbo Hyundais running around with 500hp too. i'm speaking theoretical. of course your engine wouldn't last too long at those levels.
Old 12-10-16, 11:41 PM
Tg22ar
Driver School Candidate

chevy 2.0 turbo from the cobalt makes over 600hp on stock parts. similar bore stroke, displacement, turbo etc. Lots of 2.0 turbo Hyundais running around with 500hp too. i'm speaking theoretical. of course your engine wouldn't last too long at those levels.
Those Hyundai 2.0t engine/trans can hold 500hp? Damn, that's crazy if they can. I will be spraying it next season to make some extra power to bust some local phonys asses on the streets, and Real street drags at the tracks. $. Just a little 50, maybe 75 shot depending on how it feels with the 50 jet.
Old 12-10-16, 11:51 PM
Tg22ar
Driver School Candidate

As far as boost gauge. Don't know. i'm sure you can find a vacuum line somewhere to read manifold pressure. firewall, of course. every car has firewall access. thats how wires go through.

as far as increasing the boost. join the waiting list. stuff is starting to come out very slowly. mostly in japan, or mostly unknown. Burger motorsports (master BMW tuner) is working on a piggy back tune. Unknown when it will be released.

As far as LEDs, see my signature.

Always search. Forum has a search function. Think of it like Google.

Good luck and welcome!!

thanks for the input. Spoke with some folks over at orange virus, they claim the have a tune for the 200t that will increase boost, ignition timing, VVT timing, fuel adjustments, transmission shift calculations and shifting adjustments (faster) , torque adjustments, and different throttle mapping. "On a stock vehicle running 91 octane, 30-40hp and 35-45lbs tq. I run 93 and if out fishing or at the track next season. Ill run 100 octane. (It loves it). So far just the Injen intake installed.
Old 12-12-16, 10:26 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

https://www.blitz.co.jp/products/met...t_adapter.html

You'll need one of these adapters for an aftermarket boost gauge.