Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-Sport Air filter element

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-15, 05:39 PM
Kinglex865
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Air filter element

Car: 2015 Lexus IS250 F-Sport

Question, I heard some people talking about replacing the stock air filter, with the F-Sport air filter element (Blue F-Sport filter) Now my question is, will the F-Sport air filter alone increase throttle response, and engine sound as would a Aftermarket Cold Air intake? Would like to know the differences before i make a purchase. Was considering ordering the AFE Magnum Force Stage 2, but cant seem to find one that will fit the 2015? So my next option would be the F-Sport air filter. Would like to know the differences, Thanks!
Old 08-30-15, 05:55 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the 'afe magnum force' with white filter and black tube one from ebay or amazon. this is speaking from experience.

i bought k/n and the f sport drop in filter and the results were less than expected. if they did anything it was very little and not noticeable that i would not buy a second time. the afe though even 300 dollars i would buy again. take that for what you will.
Old 08-31-15, 05:12 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexis350
get the 'afe magnum force' with white filter and black tube one from ebay or amazon. this is speaking from experience.

i bought k/n and the f sport drop in filter and the results were less than expected. if they did anything it was very little and not noticeable that i would not buy a second time. the afe though even 300 dollars i would buy again. take that for what you will.
+1 AFE magnum force cold air intake / dry filter
Old 08-31-15, 07:13 AM
Kinglex865
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only ones I can find say 06-14 models, and says the afe magnum force will not fit the 2015 is250. But isn't the 2014 and 2015 the same??
Old 08-31-15, 09:04 AM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinglex865
The only ones I can find say 06-14 models, and says the afe magnum force will not fit the 2015 is250. But isn't the 2014 and 2015 the same??
It will fit the 2015. Most vendors have not updated their information. 06-15 use the same intake.
Old 08-31-15, 09:05 AM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the afe magnum force dry too.
Old 08-31-15, 03:40 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

it was i that posted about replacing the stock filter element w/ the f sport filter. will it increase throttle response? yes it will as the amount of air going through the f sport filter is increased because it's not as restrictive/dense as the stock. as for sound, i don't know why ppl ask about it, but it sounds just like it would stock because the stock tube w/ sound generator is still used. if you don't like that sound, i believe it's possible to remove the resonator and just plug the hole. the stock air box uses the same principles that magnum force intake system uses. only difference is that one is in an enclosed set up and the other is an open area w/ a "heat shield." both use ram air from the duct that faces the grill. this has been the "argument" that ppl used to go back and forth about in the older intake threads. now the only difference between these gen2 afe systems, is that they use a plastic tube to the throttle body instead of the metal ones. the metal tubes were susceptible to heat soak. now the question again, is if the only true difference is an open air cone filter to an enclosed free flowing filter that use the same ram air, why is the afe system so much better? I've said it again, if i see proof from a user's dyno that show's the company claimed +14hp and +13 ft lbs tq, i'll be the first in line to buy one. but til then...
Old 04-14-17, 03:14 PM
mastalex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the AFE power CAI you guys are referring to? http://afepower.com/afe-power-tr-200...-intake-system
Old 04-16-17, 07:53 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
it was i that posted about replacing the stock filter element w/ the f sport filter. will it increase throttle response? yes it will as the amount of air going through the f sport filter is increased because it's not as restrictive/dense as the stock. as for sound, i don't know why ppl ask about it, but it sounds just like it would stock because the stock tube w/ sound generator is still used. if you don't like that sound, i believe it's possible to remove the resonator and just plug the hole. the stock air box uses the same principles that magnum force intake system uses. only difference is that one is in an enclosed set up and the other is an open area w/ a "heat shield." both use ram air from the duct that faces the grill. this has been the "argument" that ppl used to go back and forth about in the older intake threads. now the only difference between these gen2 afe systems, is that they use a plastic tube to the throttle body instead of the metal ones. the metal tubes were susceptible to heat soak. now the question again, is if the only true difference is an open air cone filter to an enclosed free flowing filter that use the same ram air, why is the afe system so much better? I've said it again, if i see proof from a user's dyno that show's the company claimed +14hp and +13 ft lbs tq, i'll be the first in line to buy one. but til then...
agreed ! Mighty Car Mod on YouTube dyno test with Honda S2000 = no gain in HP just little more throttle respond therefore MPG increases, the sound of the intake makes driver feel awake thus they think HP gains but in reality = NO ! same as Civic with Loud Muffler.

HP gains only when you Turbo Supercharge and ECU Re-tune, the ecu needs to read how much air intakes and fuel spray to accommodate HP generates, I remember back in the day when i upgraded my Toyota Solara to TRD Supercharger the Dealer needed to "REFLASH" the ecu system , they readjust lot of things in there and maxed out 7 PSI gained 60HP, Master Tech said no more than 7psi or warranty will be voided,

ya man 60hp for 5-6k$ CAD so lets do the math 10hp = 1k$ ! so 300$ dollars intake = less than 30cc gained, not gonna lie they do Peak HP gain around 1-3hp but you won't feel it. Company claimed that it gains 15hp that's not true.