Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Polished Trans Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-12, 10:32 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Young949
Well if that's the case then "For future reference" don't mount your Trans cooler with the fittings facing downward....and I have been around 2nd gen GS a long time. Not only that I'm a Lexus technician just thought I put my two cent's in for future 2GS owners that want to install a Trans cooler...I don't see how I'm "chastising" anyone I'm just helping other members so they install it correctly. Let me guess sakataj your one of the ones that installed it wrong with the fittings pointed down right? Lol. Jeez man people these day's all I'm trying to do is correct something is all.
lol, nope, not even close..... i def didnt mount mine upside down. thanks though

Originally Posted by excluesive
LMAO>... chastise.. when did you become so soft sakataj?
im trying....i notice with most of these know it all noobs they dont stay around for very long so no point in me bothering and getting myself in trouble
Old 09-20-12, 11:37 PM
Jonb42
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to knock the install. It's sweet looking and I like the hard pipe. But when I was doing mine I had a trans guy and the owner of a speed shop by my house tell me to use at least 5/16 hose because your extending the length therefore adding resistance to the complete system. I used gates push lock hose with an6xbarbed fittings (the species push lock ones) no need for hose clamps even. Although I did extend mine a little further cause I put it where the factory intercooler is. Only do this if it has a fan. I got a b&m trans cooler that has a built in thermastat that turns it on at 175. It's awesome. The only time I hear it come on is when I'm in traffic or stop the car. Just something to look into. The cooler won't be as beneficial if it doesn't flow the same amount of fluid that it should. Is that plumbing 3/8 like a toilet supply line? Or something from a speed shop. Once again I'm not knocking you. I may have been misled by my people but it is something to look into.
Old 10-15-12, 08:16 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Young949
You know you have the Trans cooler mounted wrong the fittings should not face downward it should be either upright, or mounted side ways with the fittings either facing to the right or to the left. Cause I guess having the fittings downwards can possibly make a air pocket in your cooler making it less effective. Check this B&M link it tells your straight up not to mount it downwards.

http://bmracing.com/wp-bnmcont/uploa...er_techdoc.pdf
well although BM says not to, the tranny shop said it wont bother anything so i also mounted mine upside down

Old 10-23-12, 01:20 AM
Young949
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
well although BM says not to, the tranny shop said it wont bother anything so i also mounted mine upside down

Oh so you did mount it incorrectly..."or upside down" I thought you said you didn't lol in your other comment?
Old 10-23-12, 01:23 AM
Young949
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
lol, nope, not even close..... i def didnt mount mine upside down. thanks though

im trying....i notice with most of these know it all noobs they dont stay around for very long so no point in me bothering and getting myself in trouble
^why you gotta lie? At first you said nope not even close...but then you post that you did now? :/ well that's cool the transmission shop it won't cause any problems, and I agree it probably will not...but it's still mounted incorrectly though..
Old 10-23-12, 01:40 AM
Young949
Driver School Candidate

And your calling me a noob for posting the B&M PDF so people can mount there Trans cooler properly, you should just call B&M and tell them they are wrong and they are noobs then. I guess they don't know anything about Trans, oil coolers things like that right?, they obviously have these instructions for a reason, and also point out not to mount your Trans cooler that way for a reason as well, it's probably not gonna harm anything it's probably just not gonna be as efficient mounted upside down or incorrectly as you did is all. And by the way I'm no noob by any means I am a Lexus Master technician here at Tustin Lexus and been around Lexus products for many years now so calling me a noob is being a bit childish I think, so pick your battles wisely...yeah sorry if I'm not a senior on some forum...I guess that makes me noob huh lol. Geez's don't be mad Sakataj I'm only here to make sure people get the most out of ther trans coolers by mounting them correctly unlike you so don't be upset cause you can't follow directions from B&M that clearly show a BIG X on there instructions specifically saying not to mount it like you did. Like I said it's not gonna drastically affect anything, but what it comes down to you installed it improperly as per B&M's instructions.
Old 10-23-12, 01:57 AM
Young949
Driver School Candidate

So for other CL members that wanna mount there Trans cooler right and get the most efficiency out of there product just follow these easy instructions from B&M....don't be like Sakataj here LOL!

http://bmracing.com/wp-bnmcont/uploa...er_techdoc.pdf

Last edited by Young949; 10-23-12 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-29-17, 10:08 AM
Bigbody11
Driver School Candidate

Default stainless steel transmission cooler lines

where can I order an transmission cooler line steel connecting to the radiator I busted up my under cover for my splash guard shield I couldn't find the part for the cooler lines for my 98 sc300 I appreciate the help and answer