Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help on my NA-T Setup

Old 10-24-12, 12:55 PM
Kuu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything you have in that setup will make 600whp pretty easy.
Mine made around 400whp on just the 60/1 turbo setup, and that was at 18lbs of boost.
If you threw some race gas in, cranked up the boost you could make close to 600whp with that setup. That doesn't mean you have to drive around all the time like that. You can always have 2 settings on your boost controller and turn down the boost. So it's more of a comfortable daily driver.
400whp is plenty. You'll keep up with or kill most the stuff around town. (remember at the wheels means your making about another 60-100hp at the crank).

The thing that won't make 400whp reliably is your tranny. You'll want to swap that very soon. Otherwise soon as you crank your boost up to even 16lbs and start having fun. You will probably shred 3rd gear, or pop your tranny.
R154 swaps are the cheaper route, can hold power up to 700-750.
V160 or V161 swaps are the more expensive but you can literally beat the **** out of it. It should hold 800-1000hp.
If you decide to go with the V160 6spd swap and have any questions PM me.
Old 11-04-12, 10:23 PM
Zstuddin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mitsuguy

most importantly, someone that knows what they are doing to perform all the work...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1
Old 12-22-12, 07:38 PM
Zinik
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexforlife
as one who recently built a na-t is300 for a customer , ill say this

gte pistons is not the best and safest route to go . gte piston coupled with a is300 ge head destroys the squish band and actually will make your setup more detonation prone and the compression cr it gives makes for you to have to run higher boost to make that power . use gte/ge rods (as they are the same) and use non vvti ge pistons ( as they have more solid ring lands which is the problem part of vvti pistons) and gte headgasket although that does not offer the best squish band but accetable and will give you around 9:4:1 ish cr .. or better yet use the gte piston but use a non vvti ge metal headgasket which will bring your squish band back to accetable and useable range .

i spent about 3 weeks finding info on this and i found that the best comb would be GTE pistons (if you want lower CR) and GE HG OR get a multi layer HG and shave the head down to compensate for the added thickness

this is what im doing on my semi budget build is GTE pistons and a cometic .027" multi layer HG

stock GE HG is ~.014" difference is .013" compared to the comectic so i had the block decked and head shaved to close that difference down

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-CR&highlight=

good info here with a guy who did alot measuring out of the combustion chambers and stuff.

all this is the non vvti model not sure if its the same or not but worth a read
Old 02-12-16, 12:58 AM
AngeloA
Driver School Candidate

Default Is300 na-t

Hey everyone! I need some help. I recently bought a 1jz vvti for my is300 but once I found out how much the swap was I re-considered it and chose to sell it I still have it if anyone is interested. But I want to na-t my is300 I'm not too sure what to rebuild and do exactly before I throw on a turbo kit! I daily my car and I want only 350whp that's all!