Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport Exhaust Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 12:52 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

+1 for DIY. That way you know it was done right too.
Old 12-14-11, 07:39 PM
lain
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can do it yourself do it, it's really easy and very self gratifying once you finish. Everyone says 15-20 min, sure if you've worked under your car before, or do this for a living and have tools at the ready, but I would recommend you take your time if your a novice (45min-1hr). You can pay someone, but remember your paying for there time and most likely there tools. But $50 sounds about right for me.
Old 12-14-11, 07:50 PM
Vipor
Rookie

Are there more than one version of "F-Sport Exhaust"? I ask because I see quotes here ranging in the $900 thru $1100 and such and that is a lot more than what the sales guy at the Lexus dealership I have been talking to has quoted me when discussing the possible purchase of a 2012 F Sport. Aparently, the exhaust is an "option" that is not included in the standard F Sport package. (so he tells me)
Old 12-14-11, 08:07 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it yourself! It's not too difficult. I did my exhaust in my garage, and I'm not even slightly mechanically inclined. I think it probably took me about half an hour.
Old 12-14-11, 08:14 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

It's honestly just two flange bolts and some hangers. It's really easy. Give it a try yourself. If you really need to, any independent shop can install that for you.

You'll need some WD-40 or PB blaster to get through any rust. You MIGHT possibly break a flange bolt (the one with the springs on it) if they're too rusty. At which point you just need to go to the dealer or sewell and order the bolt. It's a few dollars. And...that's it! Chances are you won't break anything and it'll take longer for you to get the tools and jack the car up than it does to do the work.
Old 12-14-11, 08:17 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Took me an hour to install, but that's with polishing it. Installing will take you less than 30 mins.
Old 12-14-11, 09:32 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vipor
Are there more than one version of "F-Sport Exhaust"? I ask because I see quotes here ranging in the $900 thru $1100 and such and that is a lot more than what the sales guy at the Lexus dealership I have been talking to has quoted me when discussing the possible purchase of a 2012 F Sport. Aparently, the exhaust is an "option" that is not included in the standard F Sport package. (so he tells me)
There was a very early version of the F-Sport exhaust that did not have the F-Sport logo engraving on the sides of the exhaust tips, but it was discontinued a long time ago though.
Old 12-15-11, 06:16 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The F-sport package is horribly named, as it does not include any actual F-sport accessories at all.

the F-sport "package" is mostly the old sport suspension (which does NOT use any F-sport parts) and pedals, seats like the IS-F, unique wheels, and some badging and stitching.

The reason your sales guy is asking a lot more is because dealers generally overcharge people massively for the exact same thing.

For example I ordered my F-sport sway bars online for $300 delivered... my local dealer wanted $500 for em.

Likewise my dealer wanted about $1000 more than what I actually paid online for my Lexus extended warranty.
Old 12-15-11, 11:44 AM
Vipor
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kurtz
The F-sport package is horribly named, as it does not include any actual F-sport accessories at all.

the F-sport "package" is mostly the old sport suspension (which does NOT use any F-sport parts) and pedals, seats like the IS-F, unique wheels, and some badging and stitching.

The reason your sales guy is asking a lot more is because dealers generally overcharge people massively for the exact same thing.
For example I ordered my F-sport sway bars online for $300 delivered... my local dealer wanted $500 for em.

Likewise my dealer wanted about $1000 more than what I actually paid online for my Lexus extended warranty.
Actually, the point I was trying to make is the price the dealer is quoting me is lower than what is being discussed here. He is quoting me about $550 to add the F-Sport exhaust. Of course, I am trying to get him to throw it into the deal.
Old 12-15-11, 11:54 AM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell for $550 I say go for it.
Old 12-15-11, 12:21 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually, the point I was trying to make is the price the dealer is quoting me is lower than what is being discussed here. He is quoting me about $550 to add the F-Sport exhaust. Of course, I am trying to get him to throw it into the deal.
Ah! My apologies for not reading closer!

Yeah, $550 is less than the wholesale cost as far as I know, so that's kind of odd.

Is this on a new order, or a car already on the lot?

If it's a new order I'd be curious if he'd be willing to include the F-sport exhaust not installed, leaving the stock one on there... if not then maybe there's some kind of factory credit back for the stock exhaust? (though I thought all the F-sport stuff was at best port installed, meaning there'd be a useless stock exhaust left over on the US side)... if it's on a car already on the lot then I dunno how he's doing that that cheaply.
Old 12-15-11, 01:02 PM
leek
Driver

Another +1 for just doing it yourself - I'm a n00b around car modifications also (getting better, thanks CL! ) but I was able to install my own axle-back exhaust and mid-pipe in my garage with a set of ramps.

Follow this install guide for the exhaust (in addition to the installation instructions it comes with):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...e-exhaust.html

Those instructions are for the Greddy exhaust but it really don't make a bit of difference as far as the install goes.
Old 12-15-11, 01:33 PM
Vipor
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Ah! My apologies for not reading closer!

Yeah, $550 is less than the wholesale cost as far as I know, so that's kind of odd.

Is this on a new order, or a car already on the lot?

If it's a new order I'd be curious if he'd be willing to include the F-sport exhaust not installed, leaving the stock one on there... if not then maybe there's some kind of factory credit back for the stock exhaust? (though I thought all the F-sport stuff was at best port installed, meaning there'd be a useless stock exhaust left over on the US side)... if it's on a car already on the lot then I dunno how he's doing that that cheaply.
That's why I was asking if there are more than one version of F-Sport exhaust because his quote is much lower than the quotes you guys have been tossing out. I was thinking maybe he is trying to give me a "watered down" version of the F-Sport exhaust. We've been talking about a car that is en-route to US that has stock exhause on it.

As for including the F-Sport exhaust (in boxes) at that cost, I would have to ask.
Old 12-15-11, 02:01 PM
kab2103
Driver School Candidate

I am not aware of multiple versions of the F Sport exhaust. As far as I know the F Sport is made by HKS exclusively for Lexus. If you are getting a price quote of $550 you should take it because even at wholesale cost they are more than that.
Old 12-15-11, 08:40 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sewell's CL discount price for the F Sport is $1060. Why would you not jump on $550? Seriously.... Even a cheaper exhaust system like Magnaflow sells for more than what your dealer is asking. Wish I was in driving distance of that dealer! Buy it!!!!

Quick Reply: F Sport Exhaust Pricing