Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Looking to do a swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-11, 01:56 PM
statusag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to do a swap

Im new here and have been lurking and read alot. I have a few questions. First if you dont use a JPK then how is everyone running fuel lines? Second if you keep stock twins, what dp are you using? Last if the swap doesnt have the maf can you use the ge maf?
Old 09-25-11, 02:08 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

What do you mean by how do you run fuel lines? The JPK doesn't have alot to do with the line running. Just use the stock feed and add a return with a fitting added to the top of the stock pump hanger.

I'm not using a JPK, I used a dual pump hanger and just trashed the stock hanger and all the lines and ran three -6an the whole distance.

For the DP, people are typically either using an all custom one or buying a supra pipe and chopping it up to fit.

There is a lot of threads on here talking about the MAF. You really need the GTE maf, the GE will not run correctly. You can get the swap going with it if you have to test out the install, but you will eventually need the GTE for it to run 100% properly.
Old 09-25-11, 03:00 PM
statusag
Driver School Candidate

well the double hanger comes from? and does it have to be a aristo maf?
Old 09-25-11, 03:34 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by statusag
well the double hanger comes from? and does it have to be a aristo maf?
You don't need a double hanger unless you want to do dual fuel pumps (large fuel system), and even then you can make the stock one work but the dual ones are a nice piece to have. As mentioned above all you need to do is run a return line from the fuel rail to the oem pump assembly. You will also want to swap your stock fuel pump for a walbro or a oem Supra TT pump as the stock GS pump is not sized for that motor.

It needs to be a MAF from a VVTI GTE motor, it doesn't matter if it's out of a Supra or an Aristo but it does need to be from that motor. The older MAF's, such as the USDM Supra's, are a different style to the newer generation (VVTI GTE) Supra's and Aristos. As long as you get your swap from a reputable place it should come with the MAF so you shouldn't worry to much on sourcing one.
Old 09-26-11, 04:33 AM
statusag
Driver School Candidate

does anyone have a part number for the mafs? Also any pics of the fuel pump setups?
Old 09-26-11, 04:35 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i just finished another gs swap this weekend .. i didnt use the jpk either but being that this was a gs400 i used the stock pump .. the gs400 came 300 hp the vvtigte is making just a tad over that same amount and toyota always designs fuel from factory with headroom..car runs outstanding at 12-13psi ..more importantly it appears that the gas gauge issue is not there , seems the larger sock and longer body on walbro interferes with the float for fuel level
Old 09-26-11, 05:57 AM
statusag
Driver School Candidate

l4l what did you do about the maf? what parts do i need to have before starting?
Old 09-26-11, 08:06 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

There are posts on the forum with the part numbers, there was one just the other day. Please try using the search function, it will help you find your answers faster, good luck!

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i just finished another gs swap this weekend .. i didnt use the jpk either but being that this was a gs400 i used the stock pump .. the gs400 came 300 hp the vvtigte is making just a tad over that same amount and toyota always designs fuel from factory with headroom..car runs outstanding at 12-13psi ..more importantly it appears that the gas gauge issue is not there , seems the larger sock and longer body on walbro interferes with the float for fuel level
I don't think it's the float level that's the issue as mine easily clears my Walbro, from what I remember the GS uses a fuel computer which calculates fuel usage based on a combination of injector duty as well as float level etc... When I drive my car aggressively it wont be uncommon to see the tank drop a quarter at a time and even indicate a quarter tank or less of fuel when it is actually almost out. If you combine running a larger pump with larger injectors and consider the ecu is still getting the same signals as factory but is now flowing more fuel leads to the gauge not being very accurate outside of general fuel consumption.

Using the stock pump would help alleviate the issue (as well as I would assume the GS400/430 fuel computer is programmed for a bit more consumption based on the fact it's a larger motor to begin with).

Are you on stock injectors and stock twins?
Old 09-26-11, 09:13 AM
statusag
Driver School Candidate

I have searched.. I only found a part# for the ecu
Old 09-26-11, 10:38 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Did you happen to search "Aristo MAF Part Number"? If so you would have found it in the 6th post down....

Not trying to be a jerk, we just need to make sure people get familiar with the search function, we literally have hundreds of threads asking the same question over and over which just takes up room and makes everything run slower. When your doing searches try to use multiple different terms or descriptions, 99% of the time you will find what your looking for, you can also narrow it down under the "advanced" tab to limit your findings to certain models etc...