Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

please help wanted throttle control motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 04:30 PM
tiger928
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking please help throttle control motor wanted

Hey guys I'm. A noob, Where is the throttle control motor located and what does it look like? Please help!!!

Last edited by PHML; 01-12-11 at 01:30 AM. Reason: refrasing question
Old 01-11-11, 08:29 AM
tiger928
Driver School Candidate

Is there somone on this forum who has had this same problem? Or should I try another lexus forum?
Old 01-11-11, 08:48 AM
flexspeed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tiger928
Is there somone on this forum who has had this same problem? Or should I try another lexus forum?
hey supz.. go under SEARCH ... ight above you... it will giv u the information and where its locate.... its on ur throttle body... top of the engine.... i have a spare but i need to test them to make sure its works b4 i sell it to u... i have 2 but one is bad.... search and let me know...i got a spare from another throttle body bcuz my other sensor went out....
Old 01-11-11, 09:22 AM
tiger928
Driver School Candidate

Thanks bro I wAs starting to loose faith, how much are u looking for it? And do you have paypal? I also hav 4 cylinders misfireing I was gonna start by changing out the plugs, how often should the plugs be changed?
Old 01-11-11, 03:47 PM
flexspeed
Pole Position

i dontkno how much i want it... but i wont go crazy... how many miles u got on ur car... wats year...when u got it.... wats done to it....then i can help u out...
Old 01-11-11, 05:12 PM
tiger928
Driver School Candidate

1998 lexus gs300 170k, bone stock, i currently have 7 codes, 2 thottle control motor, 1 ocv code( i think i broke the oil line or put a kink in it or reinstalled the filter wrong) i have to recheck it, and four misfire codes
Old 01-11-11, 07:22 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wrong forum for wtb
Old 01-20-11, 06:31 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

you can get them at carson toyota i had bought one but it ended up being the ecu not the motor. but they are about 180 bucks
Attached Thumbnails please help wanted throttle control motor-throttle-control-motor.jpg  
Old 01-20-11, 06:32 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

and its labeled for a gs 300 but will work for the 400 as well only the rubber gromet is different
Old 01-20-11, 08:46 PM
reycerx
Driver School Candidate

Default throttle control motor help

Originally Posted by flexspeed
hey supz.. go under SEARCH ... ight above you... it will giv u the information and where its locate.... its on ur throttle body... top of the engine.... i have a spare but i need to test them to make sure its works b4 i sell it to u... i have 2 but one is bad.... search and let me know...i got a spare from another throttle body bcuz my other sensor went out....
my car just stopped but it would still idle, the code said throttle control motor. i bought one off a wrecked 2001 is300, i have a 98 gs300 but was told it was the same. i installed the new one and the car just went crazy, idle goes up and down like if im sitting there gassing it between 1900 and 2300. up and down like crazy. i changed to the original and same thing. i changed the other sensors on the thottle body and now i cant get rid of the reving up and down. i am so confused and i have never navigated through forums so dont know whare to place this problem. i havent found any threads that indocate this but again, im new to this. PLEASE HELP!
Old 01-21-11, 01:39 PM
teemerz
Driver School Candidate

had the same problem, its the big black thing on the throttle body. might as well change your spark plugs while you're taking everything off. I still have lights on my dash after changing it though, so I personally might need a new ECU. Good luck, and do a little searching around here. That throttle motor seems to be a pretty common issue.
Old 01-22-11, 09:31 PM
reycerx
Driver School Candidate

have found and repaired my problem, teemerz, thank you for your reply, i appreciate it. here is what i found out. i had limp mode and everything on this site said to replace the throttle motor. i found a whole throttle in a junk yard off a 2001 is300. i came home and replaced the throttle motor when i started the car it started revving up and gown between 1800 and 2300 rpm, up and down. i freaked, ended up placing back the old throttle motor and same problem. replaced the tps sensor and same thing. replaced the cable assembly sensor( forgot the name) and same problem. finally figured that the tps sensor had to be tweaked. tweaked the tps and the idle came back to normal then just set it to desired rpm and problem solved. here is the kicker, as it stands right now, i have the original throttle motor being used and the new tps and rear cable Assembly. so it for sure was not the throttle motor in this case. if you make me guess i would have to say it was the rear sensor where the throttle cable goes. this site helped me with all the troubleshooting and for that i thank all of you.
Old 01-22-11, 09:45 PM
reycerx
Driver School Candidate

have found and repaired my problem, teemerz, thank you for your reply, i appreciate it. here is what i found out. i had limp mode and everything on this site said to replace the throttle motor. i found a whole throttle in a junk yard off a 2001 is300. i came home and replaced the throttle motor when i started the car it started revving up and gown between 1800 and 2300 rpm, up and down. i freaked, ended up placing back the old throttle motor and same problem. replaced the tps sensor and same thing. replaced the cable assembly sensor( forgot the name) and same problem. finally figured that the tps sensor had to be tweaked. tweaked the tps and the idle came back to normal then just set it to desired rpm and problem solved. here is the kicker, as it stands right now, i have the original throttle motor being used and the new tps and rear cable Assembly. so it for sure was not the throttle motor in this case. if you make me guess i would have to say it was the rear sensor where the throttle cable goes. this site helped me with all the troubleshooting and for that i thank all of you.

by the way, as soon as i got the throttle back where it should be, all my lights went off. i have nothing lit again on my dash. life is good!!
Old 01-23-11, 09:52 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, you have to set the TPS manually whenever you mess with the other stuff. The proper way is to set it with a OBD-II scan tool. It should sit at around 15-17% throttle with the key in the on position, but with the engine not running.
Old 01-23-11, 01:12 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reycerx
my car just stopped but it would still idle, the code said throttle control motor. i bought one off a wrecked 2001 is300, i have a 98 gs300 but was told it was the same. i installed the new one and the car just went crazy, idle goes up and down like if im sitting there gassing it between 1900 and 2300. up and down like crazy. i changed to the original and same thing. i changed the other sensors on the thottle body and now i cant get rid of the reving up and down. i am so confused and i have never navigated through forums so dont know whare to place this problem. i havent found any threads that indocate this but again, im new to this. PLEASE HELP!
thats the tps out of wack adjust your tps sensor

Quick Reply: please help wanted throttle control motor