Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE V8 Headers GS, LS, SC

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-10, 11:58 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
Question: how hard was the install?
lol...header install on the GS400? About 9+hrs of labor book time. I remember it cost me like $700 bucks just for the install. IIRC the GS430 was rated around 4hrs of labor for the header install.
Old 10-21-10, 12:19 PM
swegs430
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finaly

price shipped to sweden PM:P lexus gs430, when u guys are done!
Old 10-21-10, 02:03 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
lol...header install on the GS400? About 9+hrs of labor book time. I remember it cost me like $700 bucks just for the install. IIRC the GS430 was rated around 4hrs of labor for the header install.
wow.... cost more than the headers to install? :/

why must it be to difficult?!?! AHHHH
Old 10-21-10, 05:27 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Im in for custom long tube headers once this is ready
Old 10-21-10, 05:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
time to swap for some long tube headers with that new project of yours
Old 10-21-10, 09:45 PM
jlee804
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad to hear long anticipated announcement of the new headers for the GS model. Thanks you PPE. Will the GS400 headers directly bolt on to a 2001 GS430? Flange positions for the collectors and CATS, O2 Sensors, etc. I am definately interested in a group buy if the answer is yes!!!! How did PPE solve the crack collector syndrom that was so characteristic of the S&S Headers? What is the benefits for the different header finishes?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 10-21-10, 10:56 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
me too

well, the gs doesnt have a V6 so no

sam you already have Gen 2 S&S headers, why switch?

you'll have had like 3-4 companies that have or do make headers for you'll....up until now we had ONE. since the other one went out of business we have one again so nothing for you this time. finally you'll get left out for once

If it's the right price, why not get another one for backup... or even swap if this works out better.
Old 10-22-10, 12:45 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ just upgrade to long tube headers It will be worth it once your project comes comes along.
Old 10-22-10, 04:03 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ just upgrade to long tube headers It will be worth it once your project comes comes along.
I'm such a dork...LOL, that makes more sense since I already have SSheaders...might as well get something else. Long tube if the price is right.
Old 10-23-10, 08:14 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ well if your on board we can get Nick and have 3 of us to get a better deal. All of us are working on the same thing so lets make it happen
Old 10-25-10, 05:03 PM
lexusben
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also interested in headers. I don't have any current mods but if I get my funds up I would buy a SRT Intake and get Headers to match it.
Old 10-25-10, 07:12 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how much different are the headers (yes plural) on the 4.0L compared to the 4.3L?

so are these shorties or long tubes? hmm, very interested =D
Old 10-25-10, 07:18 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
how much different are the headers (yes plural) on the 4.0L compared to the 4.3L?

so are these shorties or long tubes? hmm, very interested =D
If i remember correctly the exhaust manifold's on the 430 are a little more restrictive then the gs400 but they are pretty much identical. These are shorties but PPE has said they could make custom long tubes. Join the list! We might be able to get a group buy for longtubes if theres enough interest.
Old 10-26-10, 09:41 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TLcoats
If i remember correctly the exhaust manifold's on the 430 are a little more restrictive then the gs400 but they are pretty much identical. These are shorties but PPE has said they could make custom long tubes. Join the list! We might be able to get a group buy for longtubes if theres enough interest.
Guys, long tube headers work to time the rarification wave (vacuum) at valve overlap to assist cylinder filling. Since our engines have very little effective valve overlap there is very little gain potential.

Inertia scavenging is another story and for that you want high velocity tubes AIMED away from the engine to use this energy to "pull" a vacuum.

The PPE design appears to do this quite well and allows you to keep the stock catalysts which work like one way valves to let the high pressure out but prevent some of the return pressure waves.

You can make the effort and expense to go long tubes if you can't help yourself but on street applications there is very little if anything to be gained and a whole lot of hassle and expense.

Get these headers and run them with the stock cats and Y pipe for your best bang for your buck.
Old 10-26-10, 11:08 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrady
Guys, long tube headers work to time the rarification wave (vacuum) at valve overlap to assist cylinder filling. Since our engines have very little effective valve overlap there is very little gain potential.

Inertia scavenging is another story and for that you want high velocity tubes AIMED away from the engine to use this energy to "pull" a vacuum.

The PPE design appears to do this quite well and allows you to keep the stock catalysts which work like one way valves to let the high pressure out but prevent some of the return pressure waves.

You can make the effort and expense to go long tubes if you can't help yourself but on street applications there is very little if anything to be gained and a whole lot of hassle and expense.

Get these headers and run them with the stock cats and Y pipe for your best bang for your buck.
Is it really worth it to get rid of the S&S headers for these new PPE long tube headers? I mean the hassle of uninstalling, selling my headers, buying the new ones and re-installing...all for what 5whp? If that? I can't see these headers yielding more than 5whp more than the S&S design.

This is a GREAT new mod for the guys that don't have headers yet but for those that already have the S&S ones; I don't think it's worth the cost of the switch. What do you think?

Quick Reply: PPE V8 Headers GS, LS, SC