Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE Headers on IS250

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-10, 09:33 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Interested!
Old 04-18-10, 11:02 PM
johnchi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have the money waiting for the dyno #s for the headers for the 250.
Would like to get these installed before autox season starts. every bit of power for the 250 is a must.
Old 04-19-10, 08:57 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by AS~IS
Here's the vid I found on PPE's FB page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7xvl...layer_embedded

Waiting for more info and numbers, too...
That video is of me and my car
Old 04-19-10, 02:54 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by johnchi
have the money waiting for the dyno #s for the headers for the 250.
Would like to get these installed before autox season starts. every bit of power for the 250 is a must.
The dyno chart for the IS250 is on the 1st page of this thread. There was a 17-18whp gain on IS250.

We are just about ready to start making them. Just gotta get caught up on previous orders.
Old 04-19-10, 03:00 PM
Manila Ice
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
The dyno chart for the IS250 is on the 1st page of this thread. There was a 17-18whp gain on IS250.

We are just about ready to start making them. Just gotta get caught up on previous orders.
any chance you guys are going to make one for the 250AWD if there is enough demand? doubt there are any 250awd in arizona for a test fit though

Last edited by Manila Ice; 04-19-10 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-19-10, 05:08 PM
four o two
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZ JB
Sounds really good. Did you pick up any power over the other dual exhaust you had setup? Final numbers?
Old 04-19-10, 08:02 PM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

Ah nice, I figured lol... But yeah, can't wait for more info and more pics. (They do have a few posted on the FB fan page I believe, but nothing too detailed.)
Old 04-19-10, 09:16 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by four o two
Sounds really good. Did you pick up any power over the other dual exhaust you had setup? Final numbers?
Thanks!! The car "feels" faster with the new exhaust (old exhaust was 2.25" and PPE's is 2.5"). However, I haven't dynoed again because I have been doing other stuff and I wanted to wait til I was done with the car. I recently got a clearbra installed and got the car de-badged from the body shop. It looks SOOOO much better without the "Lexus" and "IS 350". They filled the holes and everything so you can't even tell they were there. I also got every scratch and knick buffed out and fixed. PPE has my car for the next three days while they complete the finishing touches on the exhaust and get all measurements completed for public production. As soon as I have the car back and it is ready to go I will be dynoing it again so see how close I can get to 300rwhp .

I'll be posting pics and videos and a dyno sheet (once completed) very soon.
Old 04-19-10, 09:32 PM
johnchi
Driver

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders

- Thanks and sorry i forgot it was there. u got PM
Old 04-20-10, 12:04 PM
four o two
Intermediate

Thanks!! The car "feels" faster with the new exhaust (old exhaust was 2.25" and PPE's is 2.5"). However, I haven't dynoed again because I have been doing other stuff and I wanted to wait til I was done with the car. I recently got a clearbra installed and got the car de-badged from the body shop. It looks SOOOO much better without the "Lexus" and "IS 350". They filled the holes and everything so you can't even tell they were there. I also got every scratch and knick buffed out and fixed. PPE has my car for the next three days while they complete the finishing touches on the exhaust and get all measurements completed for public production. As soon as I have the car back and it is ready to go I will be dynoing it again so see how close I can get to 300rwhp .

I'll be posting pics and videos and a dyno sheet (once completed) very soon.
Very nice. If you can get close to 300 to the wheels, I'd consider doing the same thing to my 350 down the road...
Old 04-21-10, 10:34 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another interesting development is that I have no CEL with my PPE headers even though I haven't applied the O2 sensor extension "fix". Only been driving it for about two weeks, though - hopefully it stays gone so I don't have to worry about doing any midpipe welding.
Old 04-21-10, 01:39 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by montgb
Another interesting development is that I have no CEL with my PPE headers even though I haven't applied the O2 sensor extension "fix". Only been driving it for about two weeks, though - hopefully it stays gone so I don't have to worry about doing any midpipe welding.
How many miles have you driven?
Old 04-22-10, 03:46 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How many miles have you driven?
Not many. The IS isn't my daily driver, so probably less than 75 in a two week period.
Old 04-22-10, 07:43 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by montgb
Not many. The IS isn't my daily driver, so probably less than 75 in a two week period.
lol at that rate you may not see a CEL for months! I think mine finally came on after a couple hundred or so.. But if yours never comes on then that's awesome!
Old 04-22-10, 08:02 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

It's fixable, you just have to find the way.

Quick Reply: PPE Headers on IS250