Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Question about F-sport intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-08, 11:30 PM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
Not sure but i want to say that ull lose topspeed as well. but i know that its not gonna be enough to make a difference. weather u gain or lose it wont be much, sides our cars are limited anyway. ive only managed to get up to 240km/h before slowing down for radars

If u really want to effectively increase ur top speed :
changie gear ratios or by lower ur car (better aerodynamics) or install light weight wheels. Even tire pressure and tire diameter affects top speed
240km/h only? I was able to reach 255km/h I guess if I change to lighter wheels I'll be able to reach 260km/h. I can feel how limited our cars are. When I step on the accelerator I feel most of it is empty looooooooool. It's like we have 3 stages of acceleration only.
Old 11-23-08, 01:02 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Emarati_K
240km/h only? I was able to reach 255km/h I guess if I change to lighter wheels I'll be able to reach 260km/h. I can feel how limited our cars are. When I step on the accelerator I feel most of it is empty looooooooool. It's like we have 3 stages of acceleration only.
damn how did u get to 255? what road did u do it on?
the abu dhabi- dubai road doesnt have enough open road between radars
Old 11-23-08, 08:59 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

In Al Ain we have a road called Air Port Highway. it's really long and there is a downhill I turned the ETC Power ON and there is another button next to it if you press it once it will stop your car from sliding but if you press+hold that button it will make it slide and you can do drifting on "U" Turns mostly not in high speed turns lol

Anyway when you press that other button which press+hold your Rear wheels will be able to accelerate freely and will give better power when stepping on accelerator.

Try it out you might get something better.
Old 11-23-08, 09:32 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

man ,, i did 235 km/h once and i will NEVER do it again, I had a bad experience with another car

as for the intake, come on guys , if you want the sound get an exhaust, you'll get the look + sound.
I don't no that much about intakes but I don't think it will make that big performance wise difference on our car.

Rashid, don't you think you should be getting bigger wheels first instead of an intake?
Old 11-23-08, 10:39 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
man ,, i did 235 km/h once and i will NEVER do it again, I had a bad experience with another car

as for the intake, come on guys , if you want the sound get an exhaust, you'll get the look + sound.
I don't no that much about intakes but I don't think it will make that big performance wise difference on our car.

Rashid, don't you think you should be getting bigger wheels first instead of an intake?
I was thinking about it just today and I was losing hope of changing anything in the Intake. I'll keep it stock and change the the cat back of the exhaust plus the mid pipes.

Well let me tell you... sometimes it's good for the car to be pulled to the speed limit at least once a month to clean the engine from the carbon and dirt that goes into the engine.

I do agree with you Rashoood should get wheels or the exhaust first cause they are the most expensive stuff. That's why I stopped adding kits and bought wheels. even though I don't like my wheels and I'm planning to change them after finishing to add everything to my car. I would like to get a really light wheels.
Old 11-23-08, 09:02 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Emarati_K
In Al Ain we have a road called Air Port Highway. it's really long and there is a downhill I turned the ETC Power ON and there is another button next to it if you press it once it will stop your car from sliding but if you press+hold that button it will make it slide and you can do drifting on "U" Turns mostly not in high speed turns lol

Anyway when you press that other button which press+hold your Rear wheels will be able to accelerate freely and will give better power when stepping on accelerator.

Try it out you might get something better.
I know about the traction control and stability control, but i wasnt aware that u can get a higher top speed, Id love to try it out but there is no open stretches that will alow me to reach those speeds.
***As for drifting, i do that on regular basis. Every single on/off ramp in dubai has been abused by my car. And u can do drifts at moderate speed, obviuosly much easier if the ground is wet. U need a bit of speed to properly break traction and hold the drift.
***Dont try this at home (most CL members are frowning after reading the above)

Originally Posted by A.C Milan

really? my car at 240 still feels very stable, i dunno if its cause of wide tires or what but i feel like it can do 200-220 effortlessly

As for intake, the exhaust at low rpm its loud, but on the highway all u hear is drone. so for higher RPMS thats where the intake shines . 4500 and up the intake is what makes ur car roar. So getting an intake and not an exhaust could be the right way to go, if u want to keep the car silent, but also want an aggressive sound at WOT.

As for wheels, in racing, be it drag or track, usually the smaller the wheel the better (lighter). Unless u get a really light weight wheel, upping the size of the wheel usually results in lower performance