Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help to buying a Intake (2002 GS300)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 04:14 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help to buying a Intake (2002 GS300)

hey guys i have a 2002 GS 300 and i just wanted to know if any of you all would know what type of short ram cold air intake can be installed in this model. I went to l-tunedparts.com and i saw SRT intake on there but i couldnt find where to join the site in order for me to make the purchase, so i left my number and a question and they actually called me but with bad news saying that SRT went out of business and the product is no longer made :-( So really i just know that if u buy something fairly expensive, its probably better quality than whatever else is on the market (sometimes).

So I saw Injen but they dont have anything for a GS 300. Just wanted to know if yall can point me in the right direction as to where i can make this purchase. Thank You.

AJ
Old 10-12-07, 04:22 PM
17gs400
Lead Lap

did you try to call this website yet?
http://www.swiftracing.com/
Old 10-12-07, 04:28 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

yeah but no answer
Old 10-12-07, 04:34 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

My second second choice on intake for the gs300 besides to SRT would be K&N
Old 10-12-07, 05:28 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
My second second choice on intake for the gs300 besides to SRT would be K&N
K&N doesn't make an intake for the GS3 only the GS4 and IS3.

You could check the classifieds and see if anyone is selling a 01+ GS3 SRT intake. Your other options would be injen short ram, lms cold air, weapon r, fujita or PLP silent flow which you can get at l-tuned parts. This particular intake retains the stock airbox.
The big difference with the SRT is that it comes with a black box (piggy back) pre-tuned so right out of the box you will make more power than with any other intake out. But, you could get all the other intakes I mentioned, buy a air fuel computer such as safc II, etc. (recommended) and get it dyno tuned. Just google any of these brands and there are plenty of online shops where you can order them.
Old 10-12-07, 05:34 PM
17gs400
Lead Lap

so...no more SRT intake for GS300 and 400?? thats suck
Old 10-12-07, 05:51 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
... they actually called me but with bad news saying that SRT went out of business and the product is no longer made :-( AJ
wait a minute... SRT went out of business?
Old 10-12-07, 06:56 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
wait a minute... SRT went out of business?
Wait a minute I didn't know that. I know TurboEast went out of business but SRT also???
Old 10-12-07, 08:05 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mEx_lEx
Wait a minute I didn't know that. I know TurboEast went out of business but SRT also???
thats what the guy told me that called from 301-982-4600 I left a message on l-tunedparts.com and whoever called me back said that they went out of business.

I went onto the Injen website and i didnt see one on there for the GS300 it had a filter i believe but no air intake. I say Fujita but it was kinda cheap and i never heard of it, do you think its a good brand? I'll have to check out weapon r and lms cold air, didnt know about them

Thank You
Old 10-12-07, 11:18 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJL0365
thats what the guy told me that called from 301-982-4600 I left a message on l-tunedparts.com and whoever called me back said that they went out of business.

I went onto the Injen website and i didnt see one on there for the GS300 it had a filter i believe but no air intake. I say Fujita but it was kinda cheap and i never heard of it, do you think its a good brand? I'll have to check out weapon r and lms cold air, didnt know about them

Thank You
You can go on my.is and contact SRT there. They are vendors on that forum.
I actually have the Injen intake, (not currently installed) and I don't have any complaints and it came with a manifold cover. I am however, going to buy a different filter, because the injen filter is restrictive. However, Injen warns that using a different filter can throw a CEL. But since I will be using a safc, that should correct the CEL if I use a different filter. The fujita intake looks like a solid, quality intake but not sure if anybody here has one. I know someone not too long ago got a weapon r on a 400 and they really liked it. I haven't heard much about the lms. As far as I know, none of these intakes throw a CEL. I know the early injen intakes did but not the newer ones. I think the injen intake for the 300 is now discontinued but look around and some shops should still have atleast one left.
Most people argue the intake alone will not yield big numbers, but I definately felt an improvement with the injen. Especially with city driving. The car felt a lot smoother, responsive, and pulled easier.
In the end, there aren't gonna be night and differences with each intake, unless you are comparing a short ram to a cold air. Just do a search, as I believe this has been covered, and you'll know which is best for you. Let us know what you decide.
Old 10-13-07, 06:47 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I have the Injen and just picked up an SAFC-II to get a little power out of it.
Old 10-13-07, 11:42 AM
Czechlex
Pole Position

Can't go wrong with LMS cold air intake and an Apexi Neo. Same gain as SRT plus you can better tune your car with the Apexi Neo if you put other mods on the car.
Old 10-26-07, 08:55 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Default Intake coming in soon & now another question on RX wheels

Well Ordered the SRT Intake it should be here Tuesday October 30, so cant wait to install it :-)

But another question, now im ordering a set of chrome RX330 wheels and i know they will fit the GS, because i saw them on some member's car. But i just wanted to know if i will need anything special? like spacers or whatever and what tire size should i go with? im going to lower the car, but not anytime soon but just needed to know what tire i should order as well. Any responses will be GREATLY approcated.

Did a search on this but really couldnt find what i was looking for, so......
Attached Thumbnails Help to buying a Intake (2002 GS300)-z47.jpg  
Old 10-26-07, 08:57 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

picture of car, i know its time for a makeover and tint :-) waiting for when its cold here because when it cold i dont roll down the windows verses when its hott, all my windows have to be open, need air :-)
Attached Thumbnails Help to buying a Intake (2002 GS300)-z27.jpg  
Old 11-01-07, 12:32 PM
eklikewhoa
Rookie

Anybody just have the K&N drop in filter?

Quick Reply: Help to buying a Intake (2002 GS300)