Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS SC with some methanol injection

Old 06-22-07, 08:47 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMS SC with some methanol injection

In the second shot you can see the nozzle hidden under the charge pipe. Boost switch can also be seen in its temporary mounting location. I wasn't too concerned w/ this as w/ any luck in the near future we will be playing w/ some engine management solutions for this car, and i will just trigger the injection off of that, just to have a little bit more control.

If your wondering why anyone would put meth injection on an IS350 .... here are a couple shots of why .....

I know a few people have been asking about better pics of the LMS supercharger set up for the IS350, so there ya go. At this point i'm pretty sure the a Methanol injection set up is going to come w/ the SC kit. The ignition curve seems to like it quite well.

and yes if you think you know who's car that is, you are probably 100% correct
Old 06-22-07, 09:25 AM
JBrad
Driver School Candidate

Looks good! LMS knows their stuff.
Old 06-22-07, 09:41 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Any plans for some 1/4 mile runs and dyno time? Wish I could go FI, but I just can't justify the $$$ to my soon to be wifey. Best of luck with this setup and I hope to see more.
Old 06-22-07, 11:47 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

The timing was recorded on the Dyno, we just have a POS old printer right now lol. i have a print out but its not readable enough to scan. Worse case today i will do a screen shot of the dyno for it though. As far as 1/4 mile, i personally would love to, but thats up the car owner. Biggest problem there is that the car has major traction issues, between more power than stock and suspension thats set up more for circuit racing than drag racing, kinda presents a problem. I thought about maybe seeing if we could get the race logic traction control to work on the 2IS, but then a lot of the computers on the market right now have their own versions of traction control, and if we are going to try one of those anyway, then why not try out the traction control available w/ that first. Basically from my stand point i want to know the most cost effective (yet quality) solution to each hurdle w/ this car. Give me a lil more time, this is my first official week on the job here ;-)
Old 06-22-07, 11:51 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by fstrnldr
The timing was recorded on the Dyno, we just have a POS old printer right now lol. i have a print out but its not readable enough to scan. Worse case today i will do a screen shot of the dyno for it though. As far as 1/4 mile, i personally would love to, but thats up the car owner. Biggest problem there is that the car has major traction issues, between more power than stock and suspension thats set up more for circuit racing than drag racing, kinda presents a problem. I thought about maybe seeing if we could get the race logic traction control to work on the 2IS, but then a lot of the computers on the market right now have their own versions of traction control, and if we are going to try one of those anyway, then why not try out the traction control available w/ that first. Basically from my stand point i want to know the most cost effective (yet quality) solution to each hurdle w/ this car. Give me a lil more time, this is my first official week on the job here ;-)
If traction is a problem tell the owner he can buy my wheels and drag tires.
Thanks for keeping us all posted on this project.
Old 06-22-07, 10:41 PM
cajunboy
Driver

glad LMS is still working hard on the supercharge for is350 and not giving up on it.
Old 06-23-07, 01:34 AM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Holy hell the car pulls a LOT smoother and faster (not too sure on word choice to describe) now with that in after getting a ride last night..woooowweeeee
Old 06-23-07, 08:41 AM
GTMRS4
Driver School Candidate

Water/Meth runs great. Just run it from your winshield wiper resevoir. I have it on my A4, but a trunk mount version. It does wonders, I have stock EGTs and Intake temperatures on a 360+HP A4.

I noticed you have diagnostic software, I know the ones for german cars, what are you using for your the IS?

Last edited by GTMRS4; 06-23-07 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-23-07, 03:42 PM
fstrnldr
Driver

the software i have been using is the auto ingenuity So far i would give it a C+ for rating.... i mean it does what its suppose to but the software could be better, of course i may not have the latest down load of it either, that stuff is hard to keep up w/.

and Zephyr .. i think you worded it right ... i compared before and after dynos of it, smooth is the word for it. speaking of the dyno, i got it printed, but i spaced it at the shop so no scan of it yet.
Old 06-24-07, 02:43 AM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fstrnldr
and Zephyr .. i think you worded it right ... i compared before and after dynos of it, smooth is the word for it. speaking of the dyno, i got it printed, but i spaced it at the shop so no scan of it yet.
Oh I thought he already had a print out because he was showing me while I was in the car..then again that print out was really faded ink and most of my attention was going "wow..me want" ahahaha
Old 06-24-07, 07:29 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

yeah he did have a print out, but it didn't look like it would scan into my computer w/ out issue. So we got a new printer, then i spaced the good print out at the shop when i left friday.... so i guess it will have to wait until monday.

.... and if you really want one, there is only one cure for that!
Old 06-24-07, 07:04 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is all the good sheet for our cars on da west cost ....or in japan
Old 06-25-07, 12:23 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

because you bought an import. duh
Old 06-25-07, 01:37 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by waynetech2
why is all the good sheet for our cars on da west cost ....or in japan
Originally Posted by uschardcor
because you bought an import. duh
Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh.

So that LMS Supercharger I saw on a 350 was for real! Sweet!
Old 06-25-07, 08:44 PM
fstrnldr
Driver

i know i got tired of shipping stuff to when i was in Nebraska ..... now that i'm in CA i still can't find what i need w/ out waiting lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LMS SC with some methanol injection