Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Cat-Back Exhaust Gs 400

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-07, 08:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks hameed.... I actually found your pics yesterday while searching.. That drive by sounds incrediable..
Old 01-19-07, 11:03 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I am going to take video of my car this weekend but keep in mind the car is filthy since it's WI winter.
Old 01-19-07, 06:16 PM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CDW91's car does sound great! I am definitely going to follow suit, it sounded great at idle and then very mean under throttle and revving. Get the video posted Chris!
Old 01-31-07, 05:10 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by CDW91
I am going to take video of my car this weekend but keep in mind the car is filthy since it's WI winter.
Saw the vid again.. Very nice..

Last edited by tmf2004; 01-31-07 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-31-07, 07:09 PM
russian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hameed's exhaust is crazy loud, i bet his neighbors love him
Old 02-01-07, 06:41 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by russian
hameed's exhaust is crazy loud, i bet his neighbors love him
Actually the best part of this mod is that it is only "crazy loud" under WOT or a heavy foot. Needless to say I don't drive fast in any neighbourhood, so it is never an issue.
Old 02-01-07, 07:53 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hameed, your GS sounds MEAN, man...I love it. That's the best I have heard. WOW!

I hope to see you come down to the states sometime this summer for a meet...I would love to hear that exhaust in person.

ENJOY
Old 02-01-07, 08:06 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Hameed, your GS sounds MEAN, man...I love it. That's the best I have heard. WOW!

I hope to see you come down to the states sometime this summer for a meet...I would love to hear that exhaust in person.

ENJOY
Hey Kevin! Thanks! It does sound awesome in person. Much better than the vid you have seen.

Hopefully LexFest 07 will not be too far this year, so that we can meet up and catch up again!

I plan to get rid of the L-tuned mufflers and swap them out with Magnaflows so that I can get rid of the annoying droning/resonance at slow speeds in any gear below 5th. It is not as annoying as the original resonance that the L-tuned mufflers had before I did the exhaust mod, however considering that it is still there after the mod, I am convinced that if I swap them out with something else, I will get rid of the droning. (crossing my fingers now).

Cheers!
Old 02-01-07, 04:28 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hameed
Hey Kevin! Thanks! It does sound awesome in person. Much better than the vid you have seen.

Hopefully LexFest 07 will not be too far this year, so that we can meet up and catch up again!

I plan to get rid of the L-tuned mufflers and swap them out with Magnaflows so that I can get rid of the annoying droning/resonance at slow speeds in any gear below 5th. It is not as annoying as the original resonance that the L-tuned mufflers had before I did the exhaust mod, however considering that it is still there after the mod, I am convinced that if I swap them out with something else, I will get rid of the droning. (crossing my fingers now).

Cheers!
I bet it sounds oh-so-sexy in person, I can only imagine.

Yes, Lexfest should move North this year...and if you can't make that, then we will be having some NELOC meets in and around NYC/PA/NJ all summer long, so hopefully we can coax you down to one of those.

Yes, the dreaded L-tuned drone, I have heard the same on another's car. Magnaflow makes a great-looking muffler for the GS, so that's a solid alternative. Good luck in attaining the sound you're looking for....

I have the Tanabe Medallion Touring...which I NOW love. At first, it was too loud, and I was just about ready to take it off. But I have grown to love it...and now when I get in a performance car without that aggressive sound of speed, it's a letdown in many ways. The sound of fury is almost intoxicating as the speed itself. Who knew?
Old 02-01-07, 04:57 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Yes, Lexfest should move North this year...and if you can't make that, then we will be having some NELOC meets in and around NYC/PA/NJ all summer long, so hopefully we can coax you down to one of those.

Yes, the dreaded L-tuned drone, I have heard the same on another's car. Magnaflow makes a great-looking muffler for the GS, so that's a solid alternative. Good luck in attaining the sound you're looking for....

I have the Tanabe Medallion Touring...which I NOW love. At first, it was too loud, and I was just about ready to take it off. But I have grown to love it...and now when I get in a performance car without that aggressive sound of speed, it's a letdown in many ways. The sound of fury is almost intoxicating as the speed itself. Who knew?
Is your car a 400? if so post a sound clip...
Old 02-01-07, 11:27 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Is your car a 400? if so post a sound clip...
It's a 430, and I am not that computer-friendly. LOL

I don't even think I'd be able to capture the sound with my camcorder, but I'll try this spring...and have someone post the clip.
Old 02-02-07, 07:42 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

That's an eye-opener for me Kevin - I never considered the NELOC meets before. I will definitely consider them this year depending on the timing etc. Thanks!

If you think your exhaust is too loud, wait till you hear mine. I agree, the sound is just as important as the speed itself!

Performance is intoxicating and "sinfully pleasing"!
Old 09-02-11, 02:47 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

sounds too loud for me. 79dB for stock is just a tad quiet. I bought a the fujitsubo exhaust rated at 85dB (tanabe medallion is 93dB or less). I will go for the x-pipe though. Thnks for sharing.
Old 06-20-12, 04:46 PM
BLEX1UZFE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
That's an eye-opener for me Kevin - I never considered the NELOC meets before. I will definitely consider them this year depending on the timing etc. Thanks!

If you think your exhaust is too loud, wait till you hear mine. I agree, the sound is just as important as the speed itself!

Performance is intoxicating and "sinfully pleasing"!
hey hameed thanks for sharing your setup i plan to do this soon just cant decide whether to go 2.25, 2.36 (60mm), or 2.5 if you dont mind me asking what size piping did you use and do you feel any major power gains tq or hp, and if so at what rpms

i also noticed that you didnt have your sensors plugged in, did you get any cel codes if so did it affect anything ? sorry for all the question lol

Last edited by BLEX1UZFE; 06-20-12 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-20-12, 06:40 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

WOW Hameed is back..