Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need some input on turbo and exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-17, 05:53 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need some input on turbo and exhaust?

How's it going guys. I'm gona be getting my little project going pretty soon and Id like some input on what you guys think or if you had any experience

Doing a soarer 1jzgte auto into my 95 sc300. And then adding a single, Im doing things right and I hope I do them once. I'm definitely going with a borg warner I just really haven't decided on what size.

First the swap goes in and I get it running on stock twins, and stock exhaust. IL be using the cxracing intercooler kit but Il opt for a 4" intercooler over the 3".

After that Il get into the single, I will be keeping the car auto, and building the valve body /transmission whenever I get the fuel and engine management sorted out.

​​​I don't want something excessively large that make the car to laggy, which is why I'm steering from the s366, and leaning more to the s360 or s362 sxe models.

After I get it mated to the motor Il be doing a complete custom turbo back exhaust. Should I keep it simple with a 3" system or shoot up to 4" considering in the future I do plan on making big power? I've done some reading and it's mixed. Some people say the bigger the better with some dyno charts. And some say not much gain is made.

Cams Wil come. And a 3.0 block whenever the stock one goes.

Lmk!
Thanks

​​​​​​
Old 08-11-17, 08:23 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Yea I'm aware the 1jz tyranny has its limits. Which I probably will be pushing. I will run the borg on 10-12psi, stock Wastegate psi for a good while when it's put together. at that time Il be working on other things get inv it ready for more boost.

After reading this, it makes me consider going big right off the back, so I never have to rethink the exhaust again

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...ust-test-tech/

Last edited by Golden95SC; 08-12-17 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-12-17, 11:53 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

The stock twins are a Pain in the **** to remove with the motor on the bay. Best bet is to just go single from the start. As mentioned above the 6266 is a good turbo to go with.
Good luck with your build.
Old 08-13-17, 10:46 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

OK well change of plans. My buddy and I talked it over. He think I should stick to 2jzgte vvti and I agree so that's what Il be doing. He thinks Il not going with it in the beginning. And he's probably right. With a more potent motor I think the s360 sxe Wil be a awesome street power with great potential. As far as the exhaust goes, Im stil not sure. If there's gains to be made on the exhaust system then I definitely want them, I mean why not? Since I don't plan on making 2 exhaust systems. I want 1 and done!
Old 08-13-17, 09:16 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Yea clearance issue came to mind. My car is only on eibach Springs and if were able to get anything else I wouldn't drop it any further. So I wonder if I have any issues fitting a 4" system

The other issue is the sound, I'm looking to keep it as quiet as possible, Il have a electric cutout for the track. But for daily driving Il be adding a resonator and about the most quiet muffler I can find.