Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Clicking noise at very bottom of clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-16, 12:58 PM
Chattanoah
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking noise at very bottom of clutch

'92 SC300 w/ W58, for starters.

Whenever I depress the clutch pedal, there's a slight but noticeable clicking noise and feeling along the way, pretty close to the bottom. Researching similar posts, people have suggested it's either the fork or a bracket, maybe even the slave.

A little more background, the clutch itself feels like it'll need to be replaced in the next xx - thousand miles, and there's also a whiny/rattling noise when the clutch is engaged and the car is not in gear, which I suspect to be related to the throwout bearing. Pedal also squeaks when going in and out but I'm positive that's more of a WD-40 job.

Any suggestions on what to look into?
Old 06-30-16, 09:24 PM
Chattanoah
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those that stumble upon this... I had it at a reputable and well-priced Toyo-Lexo specialty shop to get something taken care of that I couldn't do at home, asked them to glance at this. It is in fact the clutch fork, it is just a bit old and worn but will cause no problems and can probably be lubed up to help with noise. All is well and good here.