Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone running MAP-ECU3 with TT ECU Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-15, 02:33 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPSI
When I have the funds to purchase a daily! I went from owning 4 vehicles to 1. Currently looking at all options but I've had my eye on a GX470 for awhile.
Ha,
I'm looking for a Land Cruiser next!!!

Good Luck!
Old 07-10-15, 08:48 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPSI
When I have the funds to purchase a daily! I went from owning 4 vehicles to 1. Currently looking at all options but I've had my eye on a GX470 for awhile.
The GX470 is a seriously nice vehicle, its basically a 120 series landcruiser aka the "Prado" in the rest of the world. I liked mine so much I picked up a second one for the wife recently. Gotta say driving an automatic around again is actually a little fun when it has a 4.7l v8 with full time AWD attached to it. What is also nice is the GX470 got the 5 speed auto in 2003 even before vvti, alot of other models like the 100 series landcruiser didn't get it till the vvti motor came out in 04-05 depending on the model. It makes a huge difference in off the line acceleration when you have the 5 speed, its night and day the gearing makes it like 2 different vehicles.

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Ha,
I'm looking for a Land Cruiser next!!!

Good Luck!
The 100 series are really nice, even the 80 series done right are great vehicles. always wanted to get like a 97 and na-t it. 4.5L straight six would be so fun and I would probably find some way to run it off a supra ecu.. lol. Elves are probably a good alternative to minions, when they are sober

Last edited by Ali SC3; 07-10-15 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-11-15, 04:24 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
The GX470 is a seriously nice vehicle, its basically a 120 series landcruiser aka the "Prado" in the rest of the world. I liked mine so much I picked up a second one for the wife recently. Gotta say driving an automatic around again is actually a little fun when it has a 4.7l v8 with full time AWD attached to it. What is also nice is the GX470 got the 5 speed auto in 2003 even before vvti, alot of other models like the 100 series landcruiser didn't get it till the vvti motor came out in 04-05 depending on the model. It makes a huge difference in off the line acceleration when you have the 5 speed, its night and day the gearing makes it like 2 different vehicles.

The 100 series are really nice, even the 80 series done right are great vehicles. always wanted to get like a 97 and na-t it. 4.5L straight six would be so fun and I would probably find some way to run it off a supra ecu.. lol. Elves are probably a good alternative to minions, when they are sober

I'm still intrigued by the 4WD V8 4runner you were telling me about last year. The beastly one you really liked. That may be what we go with if not the LC as the wife wants to get a boat next year. The 470 is probably over our budget.

That seasonal work is the Elves downfall.... Idle hands......
Old 07-11-15, 04:31 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Hmmmm....... maybe the 470 is not so over budget, looking at them now....
Yours looks GREAT Ali. That badge and those wheels!
Now I want one....... or that V8 4Runner!

Last edited by Studiogeek; 07-11-15 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-11-15, 11:00 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

the 4th gen v8 4runner is practically the same thing if you get the optional rear air ride, but the funny thing is most convert the gx470 back to coils in the rear so then its exactly how a 4th gen 4runner comes factory, nice and reliable. The only reason I got the GX is because its based on the same platform as that 4runner. They can tow the same amount I think as well and both have the 5 speed automatic with full time 4x4 starting in 2003. I prefer the rear tailgate on the 4runner as it has the window that rolls down and the gate lifts up. that makes it wide enough to fit sheets of drywall in the back if you want which is pretty impressive or stick long items in the back by just rolling down the window, that was one of the best parts about the 4runner line. The Gx is taller and less wide in the rear, in the front they are about the same. the GX has no roll down window and the rear gate opens sideways, I am really not a huge fan but some people love it, It takes some getting used to but its growing on me. I would have preferred the roll down window, even the sequoia got the 4runner style liftgate, but prados swing out and the even funnier part is they swing towards the curb which can be annoying if someones parked behind you and you need to unload stuff to the curb, doesn't happen too often but I can see it being annoying over time. I do eventually plan to get the rear bumper though and mount a spare tire back there but thats pretty far off right now, but then it will be worth having a swingout style hatch.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 07-11-15 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-18-15, 10:12 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, so I stopped reading Ali's first reply post halfway through to say this, so if I'm off base, say so, but right now I'm checking out hot chicks and drinking dark beer, so time is limited.

I fully 100% advise interc of mode.

My comment is based off experience with emanage.

The problem with intercepting map sensor ONLY means you're altering the map signal, which also alters timing. When you leave the map sensor alone and intercept I jeftors, you're altering fueling ONLY which can eliminate small variables and make knocking down a consistent tune easier in the long run
Old 07-19-15, 11:55 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Yeah intercepting the fuel injectors instead of the map sensor is great and requires more wiring or usually an additional fuel harness, but the thing is the map ecu 3 does not do that, its simply a maf elimination of map replacement device. you would need an emanage ultimate with the fuel harness or an aem fic with the extra harness and then you can adjust for fuel for really large injectors without messing with timing. it would be better if you are going with huge injectors, but way more wiring and complicated. for 550's there is no point bothering when the map ecu works perfectly, so it depends on injector size. I would say 800cc and above go for fuel intercept mode, vrank is correct it will run better, but it is not a feature on the map ecu 3.
Old 07-21-15, 12:01 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, okay. Wasn't sure so I just wanted to add that bit as food for thought. For an aristo ecu to run a 3.0 and go to 550s isn't such a big deal with safc and typical pump, but for us 2.5L guys, the extra amount of pulling fuel necessary for a stock like driving car on 550s with safc can start getting sketchy depending on conditions and fuel quality.
Old 07-22-15, 06:02 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys! I'm going to have to hold off on installing the MapEcu3. I purchased an R154 swap. I'm now WAY over budget (nearly triple) and my wife is an accountant. I'll sit on it until I can afford expert tuning or figure it out myself off a good, close downloaded map. I have the SAFC Neo that I purchased before the MapEcu3. We will use that, my 550's and the full TT ECU mod! This should be a great running car for a long while.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 07-22-15 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-20-17, 10:03 AM
jshooter55
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey ali what wiring diagram did you use for the mapecu was it the jdm gte or the usdm gte with the tt ecu mod thanx and i know you probably get asked this a lot but i searched and could not find it i apologize in advance