Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AEM V1 Sensors Needed running MAF

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-14, 06:30 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM V1 Sensors Needed running MAF

I just bought my AEM v1 and I was wondering what sensors I NEED.

I am running a TT MAP sensor, TT MAF, and a AEM UEGO Wideband. If I am running a MAF, doesn't that mean I don't need an IAT sensor? I am on stock headgasket so I am only running 10psi for now which means the TT MAP sensor I have should work just fine, right?
Old 12-11-14, 06:58 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or can I not run a MAF with the V1?
Old 12-12-14, 04:01 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

the aem doesn't use the maf sensor at all. good news is you can use the tt map sensor.
Some people prefer to just use an aem 3.5bar or 5 bar map sensor (check ebay or online) or a gm 3 bar sensor (also ebay or at dealer or online) as they are less expensive and easier to replace etc.. but if you want to leave it like it is it will work for up to like 18 psi or something like that.

you will need an IAT. you can get a generic GM Iat or aem IAT online also, I got one they all pretty much work they just have 2 wires.

you can sell the Maf you will not need it at all and I wouldn;t use it as an IAT cause the maf is restrictive. If you were leaving it in the intake piping for sure anyways which I wouldn't recommend then you could use it as an iat, but it makes sense just to remove it and free up the intake. The IAT is just 2 wires that go to the maf connector and ideally you would want to place it after the intercooler and before the throttle body on a standalone so you can get a better reading than before the intercooler where your maf is.
Really the aem v1 only uses the intake temp for a little fuel trim when its really cold so its not a super large deal right away but above is the right way to do an IAT.

map sensor wiring you can use your current map sensor and wiring.
for the map sensor If you decided to switch to an aem 3.5 bar or gm 3 bar map sensor its the same 3 wires you have wired now for your map sensor (signal, power and ground) you would just have to wire in the new connector.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 12-12-14 at 04:05 PM.