Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

soarer r154

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-13, 11:07 PM
ayooaaron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soarer r154

Hey guys im doing engine/tranny removal. My main question here right now is how do i remove the driveshaft from the soarer r154 (newbie here. First swap) do i remove the middle driveshaft mount and the bolts connecting the front and rear drive shaft?

Old 06-27-13, 11:43 PM
95SC3T
Pole Position

I would unbolt driveshaft from rear end and then unbolt the carrier bearing from chassis. Slide forward half inch if u can. Drop the rear part down and then slide the driveshaft towards back of car and out of trans.
Old 06-27-13, 11:50 PM
95SC3T
Pole Position

From. The looks of the second pic you can slide the driveshaft in to the trans enough to get the rear part of the driveshaft out of the rear end yolk.
Old 06-28-13, 12:32 AM
ayooaaron
Driver School Candidate

ok so i what i do is remove the mid driveshaft mount and remove the rer bolts of the driveshaft and slide it out the tranny?
Old 06-28-13, 01:13 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark your driveshaft so you can put it back in the correct position then you undo the 4 bolts at the mid mount that hold the front shaft to the rear shaft. After that you undo the two bolts that hold the mid mount and that will separate your driveshaft and it will allow you to pull the front drive shaft out of the transmission. Reinstall the two bolts that hold the mid mount until you are ready to put the front driveshaft back in. Make sure you mark the driveshaft because it is balanced and you don't want to put it back in any which way because it could cause a unbalanced.
Old 06-28-13, 01:18 AM
ayooaaron
Driver School Candidate

ahh good idea! i wil def. mark it
Old 06-28-13, 01:32 AM
95SC3T
Pole Position

I have always just removed the whole drive shaft.
Old 06-28-13, 04:27 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

be sure and drain tranny first or when you slide it out from tailshaft , gear oil will run all over the place and it stinks , i have a cut front piece that i use so when i pull out the orig one i stick the cut one in and plug it up , then again i work on alot of these cars
Old 06-29-13, 06:18 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwin
Mark your driveshaft so you can put it back in the correct position then you undo the 4 bolts at the mid mount that hold the front shaft to the rear shaft. After that you undo the two bolts that hold the mid mount and that will separate your driveshaft and it will allow you to pull the front drive shaft out of the transmission. Reinstall the two bolts that hold the mid mount until you are ready to put the front driveshaft back in. Make sure you mark the driveshaft because it is balanced and you don't want to put it back in any which way because it could cause a unbalanced.
Sorry but this is horrible advice. It's only 5 bolts to pull the whole shaft, and it's quicker/easier that way.

But in all honesty, OP you shouldn't even be doing this. Don't blame it on "first swap". This is extremely basic mechanical type stuff. Common sense type stuff. If you can't pull this part off without someone holding your hand there's gonna be problems. I highly recommend you purchase a service manual for your car, but then again I don't think it will do you good as you will need to make some inferences and figure stuff out that's slightly different from factory.
Old 06-29-13, 07:04 PM
ayooaaron
Driver School Candidate

i got it, turned out to be i just needed some simple wd-40/pb blaster, came right off.